ViewExOGaMer

Valguero data save bug

Here's what I believe is happening. When Valguero first released, if you transferred your character from another map and began playing on Valguero, that character and everything you built got erased with the 22gb update.

Then, if you created another character and rebuilt on Valguero then that new character and everything it built got erased with the small update, and the original character and structures got restored.

However, if you began playing Valguero between the 22gb update and the small update then that character and structures are erased because there is no original character to replace it.

I play singleplayer and luckily for me it worked out. I lost my lvl 115 and a ton of progress on Valguero but the small update yesterday restored it all.

That's why I think it's not working for some. They began Valguero after the 22gb update which deleted our characters. And the small update restored them, however, it deleted any new character created after the 22gb update.

So there's no fix for this? I can't even count how many times this has happened with the solo gameplay! Had been away from the game for a long while, came back shortly before the 22gig update. The server I play on announced it was being wiped, so I have been exploring Valguero to find base ideas until then. Almost maxed out character levels, beds set up in 4 locations, tames, crops, etc. Same thing happened on my Center and Rag solo games over a year ago. Why is this still an issue? I'll be cliche and say the beloved "fix your current content before releasing new maps/dlc".