Ark won't launch from Steam

IAmTimborn

Ark won't launch from Steam

I've had ARK: Survival Evolved downloaded on Steam for a while now, but for whatever reason, I can't launch it. I can click 'Play' but nothing happens. For reference, I am on a new gaming laptop, and was able to play the game a small number of times before this happened. I have also gotten quite a few notifications when trying to launch it in the past, that said the data from my previous computer wouldn't sync (If that has anything to do with the issue.) I love this game, so I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me. I haven't yet tried to reinstall anything in fear of losing progress, but if its the only option than I'd rather lose progress than the game.

It should not lose your progress to re-install the game because it is not JUST on your computer, it is also in steam and Ark. You might try validating your game cache first, you go to steam, then library, right click on Ark, click "properties" in the drop down and then "local files" then "verify integrity of game files" it may take a while.

Archived