Why?

Leosh

I think the people assuming that the OP has a technical issue I think you are missing his point. It is no secret that ark is not an optimized game, I mean the game is 160 something gigs, that alone is an indication of the lack of optimization. Disconnects glitches, missing characters, items disappearing from inventories, the list goes on. Sure you can improve client side performance by tweaking settings but no amount of tweaking or upgrades will help with server side issues or in game glitches and inefficiencies, I think it is the latter that OP is more talking about.   

13 hours ago, Leosh said:

why at the day of today this game is not well optimized does anybody know something about this?

No insider info, I can only speculate.

Fixing and optimizing doesn't sell as good(if at any significance) like new DLC does. You can't make flashy promo about game running better now. Not being flashy enough is one thing, but more importantly you attract more attention to poor state in which AAA-priced game existed for years after release. That's not a good advertisement.

Those who quit ark won't return because it became less buggy or runs smoother, they might for blatantly broken and overpowered p2w dinos though.

Those who didn't play ark won't appreciate improvements because they didn't experienced previous inferior game build. They might get interested by promo vids though.

Those who play ark are playing it even though everyone knows it is faaar from perfect on technical side of things, yet they still play so why do anything for them? You will burn money on dev time with close to zero return. But they would want new DLC because it will provide rare resources basically for free or have dinos that make half of previous species obsolete.

10 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

No insider info, I can only speculate.

Fixing and optimizing doesn't sell as good(if at any significance) like new DLC does. You can't make flashy promo about game running better now. Not being flashy enough is one thing, but more importantly you attract more attention to poor state in which AAA-priced game existed for years after release. That's not a good advertisement.

Those who quit ark won't return because it became less buggy or runs smoother, they might for blatantly broken and overpowered p2w dinos though.

Those who didn't play ark won't appreciate improvements because they didn't experienced previous inferior game build. They might get interested by promo vids though.

Those who play ark are playing it even though everyone knows it is faaar from perfect on technical side of things, yet they still play so why do anything for them? You will burn money on dev time with close to zero return. But they would want new DLC because it will provide rare resources basically for free or have dinos that make half of previous species obsolete.

The majority  of the people leave ark becouse of the bug glitches and bad perfomance i'm one of those and now i'm in process of buying a 2080 ti to play this crap game i have been playing this since the very alpha all the people i met playing this game absolutely ALL leave becouse of the optimization they loved this game but in some cases in unplayable 

18 hours ago, StormLord said:

What platform are you on? Have you messed with your settings at all? There's a lot of settings you can disable or turn down to improve performance noticeably.

don't go in that direction i'm not trying to improve my performance i'm trying to know if anybody knows something about if there are plans of improve the game in that way

38 minutes ago, Leosh said:

don't go in that direction i'm not trying to improve my performance i'm trying to know if anybody knows something about if there are plans of improve the game in that way

I think it might be better, if you described how you feel the game is not optimised. By improving your performance, you're improving how the game runs on your system as well. So that makes me confused as to why you say it needs optimisation and yet you're not looking to boost your performance.

For what it is worth, the game runs fantastic for me, I am playing at 4k generally 60fps, there are a few areas when over spawns can play a factor in that, but generally it hovers at 4k@60fps. Which is great for my system.

5 hours ago, Leosh said:

The majority  of the people leave ark becouse of the bug glitches and bad perfomance i'm one of those and now i'm in process of buying a 2080 ti to play this crap game i have been playing this since the very alpha all the people i met playing this game absolutely ALL leave becouse of the optimization they loved this game but in some cases in unplayable 

I'm still here ;)

Sure, Ark isn't a well optimized game. But consider two things:

1) This is one huge game, a bit of a pioneer in this genre of games. Sure they took their queue from other pioneers int he genre, but they've gone way beyond.

2) It's their first real game. Hopefully they will take what they've learned and newer projects will be much improved.  

Don't expect them to fix it. It's more likely we'll see a new version in the future. Ark 2.0

Honestly, I think a lot of the lag and rubberbanding is due to their netcode. As this game is built on a specific platform I doubt anyone is dedicated to working on that code, let alone optimizing it explicitly for ark. I think however if they did dedicate the right resources to this then it would enhance the end user experience dramatically, and possibly even allow them to cleanly run more server instances per hardware instance.

What I mean by netcode is the communications and processing layers between client and server. What is sent, when is it sent. And where are decisions made, and verified.

23 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I think it might be better, if you described how you feel the game is not optimised. By improving your performance, you're improving how the game runs on your system as well. So that makes me confused as to why you say it needs optimisation and yet you're not looking to boost your performance.

For what it is worth, the game runs fantastic for me, I am playing at 4k generally 60fps, there are a few areas when over spawns can play a factor in that, but generally it hovers at 4k@60fps. Which is great for my system.

i'm going to buy a rtx 2080 that's the only real way of improve performance in this game

Archived