Community Crunch 194: Genesis, Public Beta, and On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

11 hours ago, Greatchawhee said:

Man it sounds like PVE is being punished for PVP crap AGAIN. Wc I sure hope you will STOP nerfing fun stuff because fools of PVP. You create cool creatures then take away or so limit it to a point one wishes to avoid taming.  I love this game and it is sad to say one of the worst parts of the game is the devs. You are hands off till cheating pushes you to respond then you over do it. Can you please make it up to us by some major TLC of all our old beloved dinos. Like ptdon, allo or even megladon

The owl changes negatively affect PVE taming. PLEASE make this a separate change for PVP vs PVE. Leave PVE owls as they are. It's super frustrating that we have to pay for the minority of players, again and again and again.

If you separated this change out between servers, it would make BOTH groups of people happy.

• Like 3

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Aikar said:

The 10s cooldown on snow owl is only thing i see that touches PvE but its a non issue for me, as your owl needs time to regain stam anyways....

Only way I can see that being an 'impact' (i don't even want to say issue) is if you had 2 owls alternating healing. but big woop, a few 10s breaks in between healing cycles.

The new spin up time stinks too

Snow Owl Encapsulate/freeze wind up changed from 1.3 seconds to 2.6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tylerrrr said:

Im sorry but can you please inform me on how this in any way, shape or form this affects PVE? you guys have had 2-3 years of "FUN" on PVE servers with WCs fast responses meanwhile we have to sit here and suffer, I think its fantastic WC is finally helping us and working with us on PVP servers instead of having to think about you guys on your no fighting servers. Us PVPers have alot more to lose than your glasshouses. 

Please explain how any of this PUNISHES you on your beloved PVE servers.

- Mek shield debuff set to not be given on shield deactivation
- Outside of Mek shield debuff reduced to 30 seconds (from 60)
- Snow Owl freeze buff set to not dismount riders
- Players and Dino’s are immune to the snow owl freeze for 10 seconds after being frozen
- Reduced Tek Tapejara Saddle projectile damage by 30%
- Reduced Tek Tapejara Saddle projectile damage to structures by 75%
- Dropped Plant Species Z Fruit weight to 10

1 flyer nerf

2 mana/velo nerf

3 alliance war bug...

You are right it wont effect pve...

I just hope they will realize that PvP its actually killing the game.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Tylerrrr said:

Im sorry but can you please inform me on how this in any way, shape or form this affects PVE? you guys have had 2-3 years of "FUN" on PVE servers with WCs fast responses meanwhile we have to sit here and suffer, I think its fantastic WC is finally helping us and working with us on PVP servers instead of having to think about you guys on your no fighting servers. Us PVPers have alot more to lose than your glasshouses. 

Please explain how any of this PUNISHES you on your beloved PVE servers.

- Mek shield debuff set to not be given on shield deactivation
- Outside of Mek shield debuff reduced to 30 seconds (from 60)
- Snow Owl freeze buff set to not dismount riders
- Players and Dino’s are immune to the snow owl freeze for 10 seconds after being frozen
- Reduced Tek Tapejara Saddle projectile damage by 30%
- Reduced Tek Tapejara Saddle projectile damage to structures by 75%
- Dropped Plant Species Z Fruit weight to 10

Where have you been lol? 97% of changes in this game are pvp related xD in reality  we all have the same to lose♡.♡ our beloved  pixels ppl need to lose the mindframe that this is a separate  game pvp\pve it's the same lol change effects everyone. 

• Thanks 1

Why is everyone so rude and mean? There are nicer ways to say this stuff and criticism should always be positive building up, not tearing down. 

I don't even like agreeing with comments cause even those people who are right are nasty and rude about it. I sure hope these social media sites are not a representative of humanity and it culture at the moment. 

It's sickening and saddening really.?

And yes I know I'm ironically being negative critical to every negative critical on the social media sites. But PLEASE can't everyone learn how to be kind and helpful and polite?

It's such a toxic atmosphere to try and come o on here and help improve a fun game. No one is being forced to play it by law or anything. So if you choose to play this game be nice to the people who made it, an be considerate to the people who come in here to try and make it better. thanks ahead of time to those o of you who believe in kindness and politeness no matter

Edited by spiritpaw
  • Like 4

I am not one to complain much but seriously. Velonosaurs Nerfed to usless, Managamr Nerfed to pointless. Now you nerf even more right to the ground for what? PvP balance?

You must realise by now every single time you nerf something to the ground the PvP-ers will just find a new meta that breaks the game... You are chasing a pointless cause wasting time, effort, and money to achieve only one thing... Ruin the uniqueness and fun that all these creatures used to bring to the largest part of your player base.

Try this to balance for PvP...

Balance Official PvP servers to be more like SoTF and let the rest enjoy the game you created to begin with.

Then let Dedicated server owners choose with ini options PvP(Like official), PvE  or  PvPvE(PvP in the PvE game)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wildeheart said:

I am not one to complain much but seriously. Velonosaurs Nerfed to usless, Managamr Nerfed to pointless. Now you nerf even more right to the ground for what? PvP balance?

You must realise by now every single time you nerf something to the ground the PvP-ers will just find a new meta that breaks the game... You are chasing a pointless cause wasting time, effort, and money to achieve only one thing... Ruin the uniqueness and fun that all these creatures used to bring to the largest part of your player base.

Try this to balance for PvP...

Balance Official PvP servers to be more like SoTF and let the rest enjoy the game you created to begin with.

Then let Dedicated server owners choose with ini options PvP(Like official), PvE  or  PvPvE(PvP in the PvE game)

Don't forget flyer Nerf, fishing Nerf,

Griffin Nerf, ghillie suit Nerf, the wyvren Nerf, the megatherium Nerf, the thyo Nerf, the weapon damage Nerf, the manta nerf, the arrow Nerf, the, the gacha nerf,

the reaper nerf, the Titan nerf, and so on and so on and so on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, devid20 said:

1 flyer nerf

2 mana/velo nerf

3 alliance war bug...

It's because the game was NEVER intended to be a pve game ever, and it shouldn't be IMO.

3 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

The owl changes negatively affect PVE taming. PLEASE make this a separate change for PVP vs PVE. Leave PVE owls as they are. It's super frustrating that we have to pay for the minority of players, again and again and again.

If you separated this change out between servers, it would make BOTH groups of people happy.

Pretty sure more people play PvP than PvE.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Greatchawhee said:

Don't forget flyer Nerf, fishing Nerf,

Griffin Nerf, ghillie suit Nerf, the wyvren Nerf, the megatherium Nerf, the thyo Nerf, the weapon damage Nerf, the manta nerf, the arrow Nerf, the, the gacha nerf,

the reaper nerf, the Titan nerf, and so on and so on and so on.

Flyer nerf was needed. and fopr 90% of those other nerfs, never even heard of them.

Instead of nerfing the saddle for tek tapejaras significantly by changing projectile damage to a level at which they are the equivalent of a tek rifle or changing the element cost which would lead to certain tribes likely duping element dust in order to keep up with these changes please just add a limit to the amount of tek saddles a tribe can have on server at once. Perhaps having 5-10 tek saddles per tribe on server at once which is essentially limiting the damage.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MasterChief117 said:

It's because the game was NEVER intended to be a pve game ever, and it shouldn't be IMO.

Pretty sure more people play PvP than PvE.

If it was never intended to be a PvE game why create a story. Most PvP-ers couldn't care less about story in video games. It detracts from the only things they really care about. Balance and PvP.  The Devs have worked hard to create an engaging world with a great story and many interesting unique creatures and game play systems that are practically against what PvP-ers crave.

Yet they still do nothing but nerf the game they worked so hard to craft to appease the minority at the cost of the majority. I personally love both PvE and PvP and coming from a PvP mindset I would prefer the tighter limits of SoTF than have all the PvE stuff mucking up my PvP... Conversely When I PvE I want deep rich story and fun varied game play. The exact thing we are losing to the PvP whine sadly.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GangGangAbuse said:

Instead of nerfing the saddle for tek tapejaras significantly by changing projectile damage to a level at which they are the equivalent of a tek rifle or changing the element cost which would lead to certain tribes likely duping element dust in order to keep up with these changes please just add a limit to the amount of tek saddles a tribe can have on server at once. Perhaps having 5-10 tek saddles per tribe on server at once which is essentially limiting the damage.

speaking as a developer, that is harder to implement.

Instead, you could make structures have a cooldown, that once hit by projectile, they are immune to further projectiles for X seconds, rate limiting the DPS a structure can take.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spiritpaw said:

Why is everyone so rude and mean? There are nicer ways to say this stuff and criticism should always be positive building up, not tearing down. 

I don't even like agreeing with comments cause even those people who are right are nasty and rude about it. I sure hope these social media sites are not a representative of humanity and it culture at the moment. 

It's sickening and saddening really.?

And yes I know I'm ironically being negative critical to every negative critical on the social media sites. But PLEASE can't everyone learn how to be kind and helpful and polite?

It's such a toxic atmosphere to try and come o on here and help improve a fun game. No one is being forced to play it by law or anything. So if you choose to play this game be nice to the people who made it, an be considerate to the people who come in here to try and make it better. thanks ahead of time to those o of you who believe in kindness and politeness no matter

I wish i could give you more likes. spirit paw.

@MasterChief117 why do you feel the game would be better by removing options and play modes? that would result in less customers, less money, and less content for your playmode ultimately mate.

Edited by Kaprosuchus

4 hours ago, devid20 said:

1 flyer nerf

2 mana/velo nerf

3 alliance war bug...

Ok so 

1 theres no flyer nerf involved in this testing other than waiting an extra second for an owl to freeze 
2 theres nothing about a  mana / velo nerf
3 theres nothing about a alliance war bug

so yes i am right this will not effect pve as far as i can read : )

5 minutes ago, Tylerrrr said:

Ok so 

1 theres no flyer nerf involved in this testing other than waiting an extra second for an owl to freeze 
2 theres nothing about a  mana / velo nerf
3 theres nothing about a alliance war bug

so yes i am right this will not effect pve as far as i can read : )

I'm sorry but you are not understanding it right. Yes the nerfs will affect PvE. Here is just one example.

In PvE right now it is possible to use your Snow Owl to help trap/capture other creatures like the Quetzal. This most likely was never an intended use of the creature but it exists none the less and in the PvE world it is harmless.

With the nerf adding a 10 second cooldown to the freeze effect and doubling the build up time this may have the consequence of completely ruining this method that did nothing to hurt the PvE game at all. Like this change surely will by simply removing yet another unique way to play and expeience this game.

4 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Where have you been lol? 97% of changes in this game are pvp related xD in reality  we all have the same to lose♡.♡ our beloved  pixels ppl need to lose the mindframe that this is a separate  game pvp\pve it's the same lol change effects everyone. 

Tell me if you enjoy the sounds of this METAS really quick and it'll make you realise how fixes in this game need to be sorted for PVP

Flyers that can pick you up and drag you into bases quicker than you can blink.
Being able to beer / cake a Tanking dino just so it lasts an extra 30 mins tanking
Veg Cakes that healed 1/2 the dinos hp back per bite while tanking
Longneck and fabs being 755% damage hitting your flak harder than turrets especially with aimbotters.
Ghillie running 100+ turrets and shock darts that make a character not move for a long period of time.
Being able to walk a turtle or any dino with no box on the back to a base and c4 off the back of it and manage to get inside in minutes.
Now thats just 1 of the old metas.

These days it is 
Snow owl slow the enemy 
Throw a giga 
Instantly kill.

or

Using a mek to debuff / not even needing to because your meks do so much dmg it doesnt matter for debuff
not being able to run from a mek because of the debuff or even how much dmg the pistol does
end up losing tames that take 2 weeks to raise because of 1 stupid broken robot.

OR 

All this Sh** at once.

So you decide if PVP needs to be fixed or not.

Most fixes in this game are PVP related because its not ideal to watch someone run 100 turrets on foot or watch 30 tapes fly into a base instead of having to tank it for hours or even watching a dino like manas 1 tapping you off the back of a tame that took you 2 weeks to raise i.e Giga

As for the same effects, No. it does not effect you at all, im sorry you have to hold down your owl for an extra second now to freeze and having to wait a 10 SECOND timer to freeze another dino just to knock it out and realise that after 3 years you do have better stats anyway. 

Any other changes in this testing is nothing for PVE

• Facepalm 1