Community Crunch 194: Genesis, Public Beta, and On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Genesis Season Pass

flex.jpg

Last week we introduced a new chapter in the ARK saga: Genesis.  By purchasing the season pass, you obtain a brand new H.L.N.A companion.  Are you enjoying H.L.N.A.'s company on your adventures?  Genesis will be a brand new experience for old and new players alike.  Check out our live stream if you're looking for more details on what to expect!

ARK Developer Live-stream

ARK: Genesis Press Articles

In addition to the live-stream, there have been several articles about Genesis in the press.  Here's a few:

PC Gamer: Everything we know about Ark: Genesis

Games Radar: Ark: Survival Evolved Genesis expansion adding new dinos and a talking robot starting this December

Public Beta

ae9b9af41a152d0981f9f38ef0bc7e9c.jpg

It's that time again!  With our last public beta changes live on the Official network, we've decided to propose another batch of changes for your testing.  When this beta patch goes live, we'll post a thread to collect your feedback.  The feedback you provide is valuable, as last time it resulted in us increasing armor penetration with the fabricated sniper and longneck above their original beta values.

We'll be making some changes to caves that will impact areas where you are ONLY able to crouch.  We'll be sure to share visual details noting the changes before they go live.

- Mek shield debuff set to not be given on shield deactivation
- Outside of Mek shield debuff reduced to 30 seconds (from 60)
- Snow Owl freeze buff set to not dismount riders
- Players and Dino’s are immune to the snow owl freeze for 10 seconds after being frozen
- Snow Owl Encapsulate/freeze wind up changed from 1.3 seconds to 2.6
- Reduced Tek Tapejara Saddle projectile damage by 30%
- Reduced Tek Tapejara Saddle projectile damage to structures by 75%
- Dropped Plant Species Z Fruit weight to 10

On The Horizon

High_resolution_wallpaper_background_ID_77701718619-1200x506.jpg

Dedicated Valguero Saves & Single Player Valguero Saves

The engineering team is working diligently to solve these critical issues with Valguero servers.  We've been making progress and hope to have more information to share this week.

XBOX Transfers and Duping Exploits

Solving the exploits that have led to the recent XBOX transfer limitations are still a urgent issue that the engineering team is working on.  Transfers have been limited because It's important to try and minimize the impact of duping. We also hope to have more information on transfers this week.

Misc Valguero Issues

There are some misc. issues related to Valguero (missing wyverns, etc) that will be patched once the more critical issues have been addressed.

Primitive+ Missing Content

The engineering team is close to a patch for a recent update that caused Primitive+ content to go missing.  We'll have more information on this soon!

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms (including Valguero) will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 16th of Aug at 1 PM EST until Monday the 19th of Aug at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

Until next time!

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

"We'll be making some changes to caves that will impact areas where you are ONLY able to crouch.  We'll be sure to share visual details noting the changes before they go live."

Did tou evwn read the comments about why people build in caves?

4 minutes ago, FreaKtm said:

imagine if there was a thread asking for feedback on beta changes ... and they completely ignore why everyone is saying they have to live in caves ... keep the titans transferrable and focus on nerfing tapes to fix the reason ppl living in caves .... much facepalms for everyone

Exactly what i said and thought.. theyre actually doing nothing to make building on land more defendable.

52 minutes ago, Bazookajack85 said:

I feel that the tek tapajara saddle has been nerfed too much in the past. Its range is almost point blank. I feel it would be better if it had more range but make each shot cost more. Like 2 to 3 shots per ele. And leave the damage as is. As for everything else looks good. Cant wait to play genesis 

Element is nothing though.  On 2x, with the right dinos on Ext you are sitting with thousands of it.  I bet the devteam recognized this and decided to go after the damage it causes instead.

Man it sounds like PVE is being punished for PVP crap AGAIN. Wc I sure hope you will STOP nerfing fun stuff because fools of PVP. You create cool creatures then take away or so limit it to a point one wishes to avoid taming.  I love this game and it is sad to say one of the worst parts of the game is the devs. You are hands off till cheating pushes you to respond then you over do it. Can you please make it up to us by some major TLC of all our old beloved dinos. Like ptdon, allo or even megladon

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Bazookajack85 said:

I feel that the tek tapajara saddle has been nerfed too much in the past. Its range is almost point blank. I feel it would be better if it had more range but make each shot cost more. Like 2 to 3 shots per ele. And leave the damage as is. As for everything else looks good. Cant wait to play genesis 

Big official tribes bring 600+ ele to a grief and rush with 30+ tapes what makes 100 turret towers disappear in seconds

Why no comment in regards to all the Xbox players that have lost all their characters and progress in valguero single player. Last update cleared everyone's saved games. So many comments on it in the Xbox forum.

Just checked Twitter that information was posted 6 hours ago by CED. Would be more helpful to also post this on the forums not everyone follows Twitter.

Edited by SnowboundGem

9 hours ago, Greatchawhee said:

Man it sounds like PVE is being punished for PVP crap AGAIN. Wc I sure hope you will STOP nerfing fun stuff because fools of PVP. You create cool creatures then take away or so limit it to a point one wishes to avoid taming.  I love this game and it is sad to say one of the worst parts of the game is the devs. You are hands off till cheating pushes you to respond then you over do it. Can you please make it up to us by some major TLC of all our old beloved dinos. Like ptdon, allo or even megladon

Im sorry but can you please inform me on how this in any way, shape or form this affects PVE? you guys have had 2-3 years of "FUN" on PVE servers with WCs fast responses meanwhile we have to sit here and suffer, I think its fantastic WC is finally helping us and working with us on PVP servers instead of having to think about you guys on your no fighting servers. Us PVPers have alot more to lose than your glasshouses. 

Please explain how any of this PUNISHES you on your beloved PVE servers.

- Players and Dino’s are immune to the snow owl freeze for 10 seconds after being frozen
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Please fix auroras on Valguero. They vanish over time and I've confirmed this with SEVERAL server owners. Either that or the command to spawn them breaks them permanently. I've addressed this in bug reports, tweets, reddit posts and survive the ark posts since the map's release and I've been told by the Valguero devs that you guys are the only ones that can correct this issue. You guys mention submitting bug reports often but it seems they go nowhere with most fixes revolving around PvP in some way. I'd be fine with just a confirmation that you're at least aware of the issue. These were a defining aspect of the map and it's a shame they're broken.

Edited by Thalana

2 hours ago, Tylerrrr said:

Im sorry but can you please inform me on how this in any way, shape or form this affects PVE? you guys have had 2-3 years of "FUN" on PVE servers with WCs fast responses meanwhile we have to sit here and suffer, I think its fantastic WC is finally helping us and working with us on PVP servers instead of having to think about you guys on your no fighting servers. Us PVPers have alot more to lose than your glasshouses. 

Please explain how any of this PUNISHES you on your beloved PVE servers.

The 10s cooldown on snow owl is only thing i see that touches PvE but its a non issue for me, as your owl needs time to regain stam anyways....

Only way I can see that being an 'impact' (i don't even want to say issue) is if you had 2 owls alternating healing. but big woop, a few 10s breaks in between healing cycles.