The Eurypterid

CarnageRex

2 hours ago, CarnageRex said:

So with the Euripterid coming to Ark very soon, I have a question. Iv seen through Devkit videos that it does have knockout and tame animations, but the dossier says they are not tamable. So, does anyone know for a fact if the eurypterid will be tamable?

32 minutes ago, TylerTheDoctor said:

I think you might just be able to knock it out, but unable to tame it. After all, you can knock out a monkey, but while it's unconcious, you can't tame it. The animation is probably there because it's vulnerable to knock outs.

Yes, you can knock it out.

However, Jat has hinted at it not being an impossibility that we may see them tameable in the future, similar to the Titanoboas and Megapiranhas.

It's likely that they have taming animations for it, and that for the TLC pass we could see these 3 creatures become tameable.

Just my thoughts on the subject at hand.

49 minutes ago, TylerTheDoctor said:

I think you might just be able to knock it out, but unable to tame it. After all, you can knock out a monkey, but while it's unconcious, you can't tame it. The animation is probably there because it's vulnerable to knock outs.

It's not just knockout animations, they have feeding while knocked out and being tamed animations as well

Yep, a lot of things will be made tameable in the future, and Jat's said they reserved the right to change or enhance the creature dossiers so I'd expect the majority of new and old creatures to end up tameable by release, some by new and interesting taming methods.

ARK Digest 16;

Survivor, Colonel Siberia asks, “Any ETA on how long until we can finally tame bats, spiders and piranhas? Will we be able to tame titanoboas around the time they can be tamed?”

Answer: We mentioned in a previous Digest that we’ll be going back to our original creatures to give them some TLC and a second-functionality pass, so when that happens retouch base on those untamable creatures too. Yes, the Titanboa will then be made Tameable as well!

Ark Digest 21;

Survivor, Hazmat asks, “Is there plans in the works to change the taming system, or implement a new skill based method alongside the current system?”

Answer: We plan to add non-torpor feeding method for all herbivores, and an analogous (more dangerous) one for carnivores. A riding ‘break-in’ system might better be suited for a mod so we’ll work on exposing enough functionality in the Dev Kit for modders to make that possible!

Archived