Will I get banned for blocking explorer notes?

HCopland

I'm actually surprised that there is nothing about explorer notes in the code of conduct. The closest rule I can find is this;

PvE Specific Griefing

> Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:

• Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

However if you're legitimately building a base in this cave and not solely to block the note, then I think you should be okay.

They do state it is against CoC to block gas/charge nodes on Aberation and Terminals on Extinction, however nothing about notes.

You should be fine.

If that ruling is current then great.  But it was not so a short time ago.  A simple work around would be to set up a maze or tunnel or bridge or open stairway obviously leading to the explorer note.  Gating it off and putting a sign up that says "gate unlocked" is not obvious enough for most. 

You will get verbally harassed by the public on multiplayer for any kind of blockage.  People will report you for:

1) Blocking artifacts.

2) Blocking ruins.

3) Blocking the beach where newbies walk.  (Make a bridge or build on top pillars honestly people be nice and creative).

4) Blocking nodes.

5) Especially blocking rare spawns.  The hot debate atm is where the spawns are for Mosasaurus and Tusoteuthis in Valguero's undersea and if people are blocking the spawns with behemoth gates.

6) Getting anywhere near an obolisk with a boss fighting pet.

7) If I am correct caves are still a no block your base will get destroyed by an admin on TheIsland?  Admin ruling might be more lax with Valguero because it was designed with cave take overs in mind.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Incubescence said:

Wish someone official would say something here. Lol I’m interested because it seems like all the good build spots in valguero could be reported as blocking. 

That was official.

"They can block them.

Explorer notes are not enforced."

That is a quote from the Enforcement Team in group chat. I saw it as well.

21 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That was official.

"They can block them.

Explorer notes are not enforced."

That is a quote from the Enforcement Team in group chat. I saw it as well.

Is there a way for average players to see these group chats (im assuming discord) for clarification purposes, or is it mods only??

It would be regarding other parts of the code of conduct.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Demerus said:

Is there a way for average players to see these group chats (im assuming discord) for clarification purposes, or is it mods only??

It would be regarding other parts of the code of conduct.

Ya this is in-house only chat. Nothing public.

You can always email support for clarification of CoC items.

On 8/12/2019 at 2:33 PM, invincibleqc said:

They can block them.

Explorer notes are not enforced.

I wonder how they decide what to enforce.

For example: dinos blocking path to obelisk will get removed. Everything you do on obelisk you can do on drops, just less convenient, while blocked explorer note will prevent others from getting an achievement, but that's not a problem. Seems strange to me.

33 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

I wonder how they decide what to enforce.

For example: dinos blocking path to obelisk will get removed. Everything you do on obelisk you can do on drops, just less convenient, while blocked explorer note will prevent others from getting an achievement, but that's not a problem. Seems strange to me.

Indeed, if i was a gm id be ready to whoop some tribes butt for blocking an achievement item.  That said id dig into it a lil.  If they wer willing to allow players access into their base, while under watch, to get the note then id be ok.  So it stays locked til someone contacts the owners to say they need the note.

Archived