Season Pass

MrPL4GUE

On 8/18/2019 at 7:32 AM, bieliqus said:

I have only 1 comment for this shiet: Owners or creators of Ark: Survival Evolved wanted to join the scam group. Too bad.

A season pass is a discounted package for current and future downloadable content (DLC) packs for a video game. Its name originates from the concept of a season ticket. The idea has caused controversy due to the fact that they seldom divulge their contents beforehand, and the fact that some season passes do not contain all planned DLC, with some season passes being called scams by the gaming press.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_pass_(video_gaming)

I think you missed a key part of your post, “planned DLC.” Genesis was never planned. Extinction was supposed to be the final part of the ARK saga. Extinction seemed to perform pretty well financially. I’m not sure how Atlas has been faring, so maybe future studio funding was earmarked back to ARK due to financial performances. 

Personally, I follow the safe practice of waiting until all content for a game is released before playing it. I like GOTY/Collector’s editions. Games have so much content and my backlog is so long that I have plenty of time to wait before buying them. I typically get them for really good prices, too. 

On 8/18/2019 at 4:32 AM, bieliqus said:

I have only 1 comment for this shiet: Owners or creators of Ark: Survival Evolved wanted to join the scam group. Too bad.

A season pass is a discounted package for current and future downloadable content (DLC) packs for a video game. Its name originates from the concept of a season ticket. The idea has caused controversy due to the fact that they seldom divulge their contents beforehand, and the fact that some season passes do not contain all planned DLC, with some season passes being called scams by the gaming press.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_pass_(video_gaming)

You might want to note that the part you bolded and underlined does not have the word "all" anywhere in it.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:09 AM, MrPL4GUE said:

lol this is the first game that does this because for a 30 pound season pass you should expect for it to have everything in it especially that its called ark survival evolved season pass and not ark survival evolved season pass part 1

1. Not the first game, it's just that most games don't succeed well enough to warrant more than one... or those that do just repackage the game and resell it every other year for full price.

2. You should not expect to have everything with any "season" pass unless that pass specifically promises such, because those kinds of passes are usually called "lifetime" passes... and even many of those do not always really include everything.

18 hours ago, Djinsomnia said:

It was a simple question that required a yes or no answer. 

I didn't want to be attacked for asking a question considering i do happen to know some games that include a season pass for all DLC's. 

For Example Farming Simulator and The Crew 2 

So i apologize for the "stupid" question

No one attacked you at all for anything, bud. The only problems here were people whining that they have to buy a season 2 pass to get season 2 content, and people calling them on their whiny, entitled bs. You weren’t mentioned or included in any of that. 

• Volunteer Moderator
18 hours ago, Djinsomnia said:

i do happen to know some games that include a season pass for all DLC's. 

For Example Farming Simulator and The Crew 2 

Lets look at those examples.

Farming Simulator 2011 released a season pass that covered 4 DLC packs. But then, Farming Simulator 2013 released with a season pass containing 5 DLC packs. Then Farming Simulator 15 with a 4 DLC season pass, then Farming Simulator 17 with a 3 DLC season pass, and then Farming Simulator 19 with a 3 DLC season pass.

That's called milking a cow. That can't be compared to ARKs season pass. That would be the equivalent of if Ark released Ark 2.0 and then brought out the Genesis season pass for that.

As for The Crew 2, that season pass clearly states exactly what the season pass will contain. The fact that there has been no new content provided beyond that season pass or another season pass created doesn't mean they won't do that. Their season pass states exactly what it will contain, as did Arks season pass.

So not great examples really.

22 hours ago, GP said:

Lets look at those examples.

Farming Simulator 2011 released a season pass that covered 4 DLC packs. But then, Farming Simulator 2013 released with a season pass containing 5 DLC packs. Then Farming Simulator 15 with a 4 DLC season pass, then Farming Simulator 17 with a 3 DLC season pass, and then Farming Simulator 19 with a 3 DLC season pass.

That's called milking a cow. That can't be compared to ARKs season pass. That would be the equivalent of if Ark released Ark 2.0 and then brought out the Genesis season pass for that.

As for The Crew 2, that season pass clearly states exactly what the season pass will contain. The fact that there has been no new content provided beyond that season pass or another season pass created doesn't mean they won't do that. Their season pass states exactly what it will contain, as did Arks season pass.

So not great examples really.

Exactly right. Plus, with each of the farming sims passes you had to buy another game. Same ARK, new season. Makes sense. 

• 7 months later...

no that's not how it works @Skeletor123 any DLC you get from a season pass you get to continue to play for as long as you want.  

If DLC ever goes to subscription based purchasing for any game im playing, I wouldn't be playing that DLC at all. ESO has some that's included with their subscription service that if you cancel your subscription you can't play  but, you can buy those DLC packs separately as well even if your subscribed or not.  its just a 'perk' for having the ESO membership, along with the monthly market points.

Archived