Season Pass

MrPL4GUE

You guys actually thought they would add these two upcoming DLC's into season passes that were specifically for Scorched Earth and two additional future releases (aberration and extinction). How do you think they pay for all those hundreds if not thousands of lackluster, lag ridden, Nitrado servers? I mean, Cedric's good looks and massive biceps, as nice as they are, can only do so much.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, MrPL4GUE said:

lol this is the first game that does this because for a 30 pound season pass you should expect for it to have everything in it especially that its called ark survival evolved season pass and not ark survival evolved season pass part 1

What other games create a season pass for £35 or whatever and adds every single future DLC to it? That in my mind is absurd because you got 3 DLCs for £35, but now you expect Genesis part 1 & 2 to be added to it so that you end up getting 5 DLCs for the original £35. If they produced another 2 you'd expect to get them added to so the original £35 you spent in 2017 or whenever would then cover 7 DLCs?

I'd be surprised if any game developer does season passes like this.

33 minutes ago, bieliqus said:

Season Pass

Is Genesis just money hustle or will it be included in the original season pass? I saw that you are playing with words trying to redefine them to your needs, creating another season pass. It is shame that i even have to ask about new dlc after buying season pass.

It is a separate season pass, the first season pass covered Scorched Earth, Aberration & Extinction.

The Genesis pass will cover the two upcoming maps.

9 hours ago, Aikar said:

Season pass is for SEASONS. a "period of time". The SEASON for the original pass ended last year in 2018. This new one is 2019-2020.

Actually, the first season pass doesn't expire until 2020. After the release of the 2nd Genesis map. So, it would not be unreasonable for some to ASSUME buying the 1st season pass would cover content for the 2nd.

image.jpeg

8 minutes ago, solix414 said:

that expiration is irrelevant, that is a playstation card limitation, so that you cannot hold onto the card, not a "this pass gives access to all content until 2020"

I didn't say that is what it said. I said that those who see the expiration date as 2020 COULD ASSUME the pass works for both. I know it doesn't, but it isn't unreasonable for some people to think that.

13 minutes ago, WafflePancake said:

I didn't say that is what it said. I said that those who see the expiration date as 2020 COULD ASSUME the pass works for both. I know it doesn't, but it isn't unreasonable for some people to think that.

sorry if i came off a little rude. that info is found on all ps4 vouchers and is added by sony. it has no impact on the contents, just how long you can use the voucher for

On 8/9/2019 at 1:09 PM, MrPL4GUE said:

lol this is the first game that does this because for a 30 pound season pass you should expect for it to have everything in it especially that its called ark survival evolved season pass and not ark survival evolved season pass part 1

First season pass included 3 dlc’s. Nothing else. Like it said in description.

On 8/11/2019 at 7:53 PM, bieliqus said:

Season Pass

Is Genesis just money hustle or will it be included in the original season pass? I saw that you are playing with words trying to redefine them to your needs, creating another season pass. It is shame that i even have to ask about new dlc after buying season pass.

From the start ARK: Survival Evolved Season Pass was for 3 DLCs - at the moment of annoucement already issued SE and 2 upcoming DLCs. It was pretty clear. Nobody said you will get any DLC till the end of days...

https://web.archive.org/web/20170830225310/http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

All seasons have an end. The further season increases revenue for further development. This is a good thing. As it is, they've reached server capacity and to introduce new servers, they're going to have to remove low pop and Legacy ones. I for one, am glad that they're making a new season. If Wild Card even tapped into the skin game a la Fortnite, I'd even support some of that for increased dev revenue. 

15 hours ago, WafflePancake said:

Actually, the first season pass doesn't expire until 2020. After the release of the 2nd Genesis map. So, it would not be unreasonable for some to ASSUME buying the 1st season pass would cover content for the 2nd.

image.jpeg

Even if the expiry date were strictly for WC's first Season pass, all that proves is that people might be able to buy Aberration & Extinction DLCs under the first Season Pass until Dec 2020. Congrats. WC was very specific about what the first Season Pass covered.

48 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

Even if the expiry date were strictly for WC's first Season pass, all that proves is that people might be able to buy Aberration & Extinction DLCs under the first Season Pass until Dec 2020. Congrats. WC was very specific about what the first Season Pass covered.

Again, this was not MY confusion , so there's no need to be rude about it. A person on the Reddit boards listed a similar question about the first season pass being used to purchase this new one and brought up the expiration date. 

I have only 1 comment for this shiet: Owners or creators of Ark: Survival Evolved wanted to join the scam group. Too bad.

A season pass is a discounted package for current and future downloadable content (DLC) packs for a video game. Its name originates from the concept of a season ticket. The idea has caused controversy due to the fact that they seldom divulge their contents beforehand, and the fact that some season passes do not contain all planned DLC, with some season passes being called scams by the gaming press.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_pass_(video_gaming)

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, bieliqus said:

I have only 1 comment for this shiet: Owners or creators of Ark: Survival Evolved wanted to join the scam group. Too bad.

A season pass is a discounted package for current and future downloadable content (DLC) packs for a video game. Its name originates from the concept of a season ticket. The idea has caused controversy due to the fact that they seldom divulge their contents beforehand, and the fact that some season passes do not contain all planned DLC, with some season passes being called scams by the gaming press.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_pass_(video_gaming)

The thing here though is that Wildcard stated in the fgirst season pass that it was only for 3 DLCs. That is not "seldom" divulged.

What other season passes cover every single DLC ever existing? You feel that buying a DLC for $30 should get you any and every DLC ever created? It got you 3 but you feel it should get you 5 now... then 6 or 7 at no extra cost?

I understand where the comments from the wiki are coming from, but I don't think you understand yourself.

Joe  "Hey Bob that was one hell of a season of yankee baseball, I already got my season pass for next year"

Bob "Wait, your telling me my season pass doesn't get me into all the games next season"

Joe ".....yup, says right there on your tickets what games it includes in the season pass"

Bob " What a scam!"

Archived