Jump to content

Humannothumain

Is raiding unbalanced? WARNING : RANTING INCLUDED

Recommended Posts

Is raiding unbalanced? WARNING : RANTING INCLUDED

Was just interested in other players views.  Is raiding too easy?  

I find it a lil bit unbalanced that a decent base that takes 100s of hours for a tribe of 5 or more players to establish can be quite easily wiped in an hour or 2 with a couple of soakers and a few veterans.

In a particular video I watched A couple of OP gasbags easily soaked at least 50 H turret's, which kinda makes me think 'what's the point?'. It's like the big bad wolf has come to blow my house down and there was no bricks to build with (well there's metal, but you know, a few c4 and it's irrellevent).

Defense doesn't mean too much for me in this game, it seems to be mostly sneakiness and finding hidy spots. Which can get a bit tedious.

Love this game but...

I wanna use what momma gave me. I WANNA LIVE MARGE! WONT YOU LET ME LIVE?!

THANKS 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

no, you are correct, offense is ridiculously easier than defense and it should be the other way around.  It's not, so you will need to adjust your gameplay signifigantly or find an unofficial server with modified rates to balance it out.  for the record, i agree with you, I just learned long ago to not build things in pvp unless you have the manpower to defend it.

Edited by Kaprosuchus
forgot a comma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They keep things tilted towards the raiders because they think it makes for a healthier game with a higher base turnover.  Just be glad it’s not like RUST, in RUST they made it where your base decays if you don’t constantly refill your tool cabinet with resources, which becomes a full time job if your base gets too big.  It’s annoying how things are stilted towards the raiders in ARK, but I suppose it is to prevent you from ever reaching a point where you are unraidable.  Unfortunately that means things like extended solo play are usually impossible if you aren’t trying to hide somewhere.

Edited by RipRavage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to spend your entire life on PvP to be unraidable. A large base can be foundation wiped in a matter of a couple hours and takes weeks to build when all your tames get meat ran. I love this game however raiding Is way too easy. Especially if the tribe is offline. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The games not meant to be balanced. It’s just meant to keep you in a blender. 

Build stuff, lose stuff, until the next DLC comes out. 

 

I just got the image of my dinosaurs being inside of a blender, thanks... 😑

 

480ccb60-951e-44d1-b9aa-052ab93eb885.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2019 at 1:57 AM, Humannothumain said:

Is raiding unbalanced? WARNING : RANTING INCLUDED

Was just interested in other players views.  Is raiding too easy?  

I find it a lil bit unbalanced that a decent base that takes 100s of hours for a tribe of 5 or more players to establish can be quite easily wiped in an hour or 2 with a couple of soakers and a few veterans.

In a particular video I watched A couple of OP gasbags easily soaked at least 50 H turret's, which kinda makes me think 'what's the point?'. It's like the big bad wolf has come to blow my house down and there was no bricks to build with (well there's metal, but you know, a few c4 and it's irrellevent).

Defense doesn't mean too much for me in this game, it seems to be mostly sneakiness and finding hidy spots. Which can get a bit tedious.

Love this game but...

I wanna use what momma gave me. I WANNA LIVE MARGE! WONT YOU LET ME LIVE?!

THANKS 😊

 

If you build a 50 turret base on the beach then yeah raiding is overpowered. But if you are not a bob the truth is complete opposite.

Have you raided an Abberation shadow cave ? Center ice cave ? Or hell even just a regular bear cave. This is the meta for base building building now. They are virtually unraidable. One person on a giga could defend vs 69 players in an island ice cave.

Or hell looking outside cave meta, have you raided desert plats, carno islands, blue/green obs before extinction came out? Before titans came out it took combined efforts of a whole alliance full of megatribes, hundreds of players, a server slot capped for days or even weeks, to take down a decent alpha or beta tribe.

The reality is its defense thats overpowered. In a server cluster like official PVP, thats about raids and wiping enemy tribes, it has now become near impossible to wipe anyone. Devs have removed every tool from the raiders kit and just kept buffing defenses. They added heavy turrets and buffed tek turrets making it impossible to rocket run caves. C4 on dinos was disabled forcing you to soak every last element shard, which is an impractical proposition, element costs nothing with gachas and extinction, and raids go on for days and days of soaking without turrets running dry. Kentros were nerfed and gigas rage meter was buffed preventing any way to get past mesh biting gigas.

There is a vast gap among ARK players when it comes to skill. There are beach bobs making giant 50 turret noob palaces on Herbi island. And when those get wiped by one guy on a stego they think defenses are useless in this game. And there is the real game played by actually skilled players where no one is able to wipe any one anymore. The truth is the 50 turret bobs never had a chance to begin with. Meanwhile the people who play the game most, the official pvp veterans are quitting because they are tired of sitting in unraidable caves and playing PVE

 

5 hours ago, MyTOYGun said:

You need to spend your entire life on PvP to be unraidable. A large base can be foundation wiped in a matter of a couple hours and takes weeks to build when all your tames get meat ran. I love this game however raiding Is way too easy. Especially if the tribe is offline. 

If you are playing ARK to collect colorful tames, build pretty bases, roleplaying etc PVP is not for that. PVP is for war, not playing minecraft. There is single player, pve and unofficials if you want to just build and tame.

Edited by covenantgrunt
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not a PVP player so take my comment with a grain of salt... a good defense is not always about being able to resist powerful attacks. A couple of good principles to keep in mind are:

1) Security by obscurity. They won't attack what they don't know is there.

2) A twist on the old "you don't have to be able to outrun the bear, just the guy next to you"... You don't have to be the best defended, you just have to be a less interesting target.

 

Edited by DeHammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

I'm not a PVP player so take my comment with a grain of salt... a good defense is not always about being able to resist powerful attacks. A couple of good principles to keep in mind are:

1) Security by obscurity. They won't attack what they don't know is there.

2) A twist on the old "you don't have to be able to outrun the bear, just the guy next to you"... You don't have to be the best defended, you just have to be a less interesting target.

 

1. adjust your ini setting and lower graphics and everything is revealed. Eg no textures/trees/rocks load, easily see under the map, inside caves, etc. 

2. Every base is a target for Veteran pvper, 1. because low key bases sometimes have loot 2. why not, nothing else to do than to knock down other's people sand castles because you are bored. 3. don't want to give new players the chance to become competition so hit/knock them down while they are new/just getting started so they can never progress. 

 

To OP's comment, yes raiding is severely unbalanced and gets progressively worse with every new DLC if you are building. Ark is truly, the best defence is a good offense mentality. If you aren't blowing things up and setting others back, you will just get left behind. There is a reason every mega tribe has retreated to caves instead of building surface bases, because defending even one entrance with the current meta (titans/meks/owls/gasbags/quetz hatchframes/turret cap limit) is already a challenge, trying to defend a surface base with multiple points of attack is futile. 

Edited by Juggernaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

1. adjust your ini setting and lower graphics and everything is revealed. Eg no textures/trees/rocks load, easily see under the map, inside caves, etc. 

2. Every base is a target for Veteran pvper, 1. because low key bases sometimes have loot 2. why not, nothing else to do than to knock down other's people sand castles because you are bored. 3. don't want to give new players the chance to become competition so hit/knock them down while they are new/just getting started so they can never progress. 

 

Though I'm not a PVP player, several members of our PVE tribe are former PVP veterans who survived the official servers very well using the strategies I mentioned. We're talking 3000 + hrs on official PVP. So I know they are viable strategies. Not that they never got raided, but rarely got discovered/raided.

Edited by DeHammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

 

If you build a 50 turret base on the beach then yeah raiding is overpowered. But if you are not a bob the truth is complete opposite.

Have you raided an Abberation shadow cave ? Center ice cave ? Or hell even just a regular bear cave. This is the meta for base building building now. They are virtually unraidable. One person on a giga could defend vs 69 players in an island ice cave.

Or hell looking outside cave meta, have you raided desert plats, carno islands, blue/green obs before extinction came out? Before titans came out it took combined efforts of a whole alliance full of megatribes, hundreds of players, a server slot capped for days or even weeks, to take down a decent alpha or beta tribe.

The reality is its defense thats overpowered. In a server cluster like official PVP, thats about raids and wiping enemy tribes, it has now become near impossible to wipe anyone. Devs have removed every tool from the raiders kit and just kept buffing defenses. They added heavy turrets and buffed tek turrets making it impossible to rocket run caves. C4 on dinos was disabled forcing you to soak every last element shard, which is an impractical proposition, element costs nothing with gachas and extinction, and raids go on for days and days of soaking without turrets running dry. Kentros were nerfed and gigas rage meter was buffed preventing any way to get past mesh biting gigas.

There is a vast gap among ARK players when it comes to skill. There are beach bobs making giant 50 turret noob palaces on Herbi island. And when those get wiped by one guy on a stego they think defenses are useless in this game. And there is the real game played by actually skilled players where no one is able to wipe any one anymore. The truth is the 50 turret bobs never had a chance to begin with. Meanwhile the people who play the game most, the official pvp veterans are quitting because they are tired of sitting in unraidable caves and playing PVE

 

If you are playing ARK to collect colorful tames, build pretty bases, roleplaying etc PVP is not for that. PVP is for war, not playing minecraft. There is single player, pve and unofficials if you want to just build and tame.

You're either deluded or ignorant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 12:57 AM, Humannothumain said:

Is raiding unbalanced? WARNING : RANTING INCLUDED

Was just interested in other players views.  Is raiding too easy?  

I find it a lil bit unbalanced that a decent base that takes 100s of hours for a tribe of 5 or more players to establish can be quite easily wiped in an hour or 2 with a couple of soakers and a few veterans.

In a particular video I watched A couple of OP gasbags easily soaked at least 50 H turret's, which kinda makes me think 'what's the point?'. It's like the big bad wolf has come to blow my house down and there was no bricks to build with (well there's metal, but you know, a few c4 and it's irrellevent).

Defense doesn't mean too much for me in this game, it seems to be mostly sneakiness and finding hidy spots. Which can get a bit tedious.

Love this game but...

I wanna use what momma gave me. I WANNA LIVE MARGE! WONT YOU LET ME LIVE?!

THANKS 😊

Is raiding too easy? No. I think it's right where it should be, with some PVP balance changes that are already being looked and and addressed soon, hopefully. I'm looking at you titans. As so veterans having a hand up, veterans will always have the upper hand. In either gear or experience, they will always perform better than your fresh off the beach, less than a couple hundred hours bob. That's the nature of any game. 

Offline raiding has always been an issue, as far as I'm aware of. It's much easier to raid a base without an active defense. I would also wager as well, that most average players couldn't even pull off an active raid. As in any competitive PVP game, there are the haves and the have nots, the innovators and the dullards. Not everyone will be good at everything. That's why I've got builders in my tribe. I don't have patience for more than a simple turret tower or pillbox. 

Defense matters a lot in the game. If you think it doesn't, you're playing the game wrong. I've actively recruited people across multiple time zones. Yes, we have gaps in coverage, but the point remains, if it's an active defense, the raid just got at least 10x times harder depending on who is on. Even my builders and breeders who aren't good at PVP can at least put a distress call in our Discord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, covenantgrunt said:

You seem like a salty bob. Have you even played official PVP or is all of your hours on unofficial PVE ?

99.9% of my play is offcial pvp since legacy EA and been alpha of 80% the servers we played on.nice try though.fact is,you still talking poo.

There is no such thing as an unraidable base in this game and never will be.you only talk about online which 99% of the time you get offlined which i can do   your lolsuper base solo in a few hours of you going to sleep.

 

Dino HP went UP,through the roof with breeding.turret cap lowered.Structures HP didn't change,ammo production didn't change.

unlimited heals added for soakers(owls),yutys buffing soakers,vegi cakes buffing soakers.beer.please feel free to step in and explain how in the hell LOLDefences have become over powered in a game where soaking abilities keep growing while defences stay the same,which effectively makes them WEAKER.i have barely even touched on how weak defence is vs attacking because i honestly don't have time to make walls of txt to point of peoples stupidity.

What about how WildCard released titans,manas and mecks in a state where they could wipe out bases from out side of turret range and took months before that was fixed.do explain how being wiped outside of turret range some how makes defences overpowered lulz

Wheres all these supposed LOLoverpowered defensive buffs you speak of? can't wait for this

Like i said before,you're ignorant or deluded.pick one.

Edited by Ronson12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Ronson12 said:

99.9% of my play is offcial pvp since legacy EA and been alpha of 80% the servers we played on.nice try though.fact is,you still talking poo.

There is no such thing as an unraidable base in this game and never will be.you only talk about online which 99% of the time you get offlined which i can do   your lolsuper base solo in a few hours of you going to sleep.

If your base is offline you are just a bob. Any decent tribe has all timezones covered with members recruited from NA,EU and Asia. And while it may be a grey area, everyone runs steam bots that let them know when potential griefers transfer into server. You will almost never catch a decent tribe offline.

But you claim to be this highly experienced pvper. Why dont you pull up on d2, center88, d34, d7, k180, k37, center365 etc. I am just listing some random servers I have PVPed on in last few months. I am sure with your elite skills you can offline god damn Gang Gang or N3 and become a legend on officials.

Edited by covenantgrunt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, covenantgrunt said:

If your base is offline you are just a bob. Any decent tribe has all timezones covered with members recruited from NA,EU and Asia. And while it may be a grey area, everyone runs steam bots that let them know when potential griefers transfer into server. You will almost never catch a decent tribe offline.

But you claim to be this highly experienced pvper. Why dont you pull up on d2, center88, d34, d7, k180, k37, center365 etc. I am just listing some random servers I have PVPed on in last few months. I am sure with your elite skills you can offline god damn Gang Gang or N3 and become a legend on officials.

The fact you don't answer the questions shows you've lost the debate already.enjoy your day.

P.s having people on 24/7 isn't overpowered defences is it lmfao.you got wrecked and you know it.lol at your offer to see your lil bases bless you.deluded....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 1:33 PM, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

They need to make

a. Building cheaper

b. Explosives more expensive

c. Explosives deal less damage

d. Basses take less damage

These are completely pointless. Soakers are what need nerfing. The cost of raiding is cakes, snow owl, fob, kits and transmitters. For defenders its ARB. But you shouldn't be letting anyone soak or get close to your base while defending. This is for offline however and I do want some type of offline protection similar to MTS. Building being cheaper just makes it more spammable. Explosives "cost" is irrelevant. If I want inside your base the cost will be accepted. Hell most of the time we raid for Blueprints, ARB, Cryos, Explosives and Tek poop. C4 cost is irrelevant when you play small tribes and have 48 forges and you can slap a couple trees in the swamp with a boat and fill all those badboys up in 5 minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...