Kiting Wild quetzals... with eggs?

IvyOfARK

4 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

you are correct, i mean the center. i call it 0,0 because those are the coordinates that the game uses to reference that spot with, i forget alot it's 50,50 on the drawn map.

0,0 is correct as this are the real coords of 50/50 in unreal engine. In fact when items or tames appear in 50/50 its because they get zeroed their coordinates.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, arkark said:

0,0 is correct as this are the real coords of 50/50 in unreal engine. In fact when items or tames appear in 50/50 its because they get zeroed their coordinates.

to take it a step further, the reason they do this is because flee mechanics, when choosing a random direction, tend to favor heading towards the center of their spawn area so as to not force things severely out of their spawn zone. you don't notice it as pronouncedly in fixed spawn areas but the quetzal spawn area is the entire map so no matter where they spawn they are usually far from the center of their spawn zone. this "favoring" of flight direction is stronger the farther from the center of their spawn zone they are.

5 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

to take it a step further, the reason they do this is because flee mechanics, when choosing a random direction, tend to favor heading towards the center of their spawn area so as to not force things severely out of their spawn zone. you don't notice it as pronouncedly in fixed spawn areas but the quetzal spawn area is the entire map so no matter where they spawn they are usually far from the center of their spawn zone. this "favoring" of flight direction is stronger the farther from the center of their spawn zone they are.

spawn areas for quetzal in island, if they havent changed, are near the obelisks.

Archived