Alpha Raptor Near Base

KaptainKush907

Alpha Raptor Near Base

There’s a level 50 alpha raptor that likes to hang out on the beach a not to far from my base. right now I’m a level 28 beach bob. He stays far enough away that he hasn’t aggrod on my tames yet but it’s only a matter of time... Any tips on what I’ll need to eventually deal with him? I’m on single player btw.

I personally would not recommend going on with your own weapons and bare hands. Try to tame as many raptors and trikes as you can to take it head on. Just don't get attached to any. Your Trikes have buffs now and make sure you make a saddle for one of them so you can control the fight a bit and keep your character safe. With a small group, you should manage with some casualties. That is my rec based on your level. 

• 1 month later...

I had an Alpha Carno and an Alpha Raptor in my area for a while. I tried my best to take the carno and it destroyed me and my best tames. I tried avoiding them, but they seemed to just wander closer. Finally I took a pteranodon and led the raptor away, staying just a bit out of reach but close enough for it to follow. I had to park and shoot it a couple times, but eventually I turned it loose on some random beach with loads of dinos and just flew away. After that I did something similar with the carno, though a different direction.

Lure it with a corpse. There's a problem with their hitboxes where they can't harvest corpses and will just stand there trying to harvest it forever. Just make sure you're on the higher ground, preferably on a cliff where it can't get you, incase it does aggro. Highly unlikely if you stay your distance tho

Archived