The constant farting is unbearable

Zapha

Suggestion

As a new player I enjoy Ark very much, great game. Except the constant farting, which is unbearable. And no way to disable it if playing on official servers, only if playing without sound.
Imagine you read a good book, hear great music, drive a cool car or whatever action you like and enjoy ... and you have to hear farting sounds every 2 mins.

Why does Wildcard place this burden on their customers? They should ask a psychologist or an advertising expert what this means for a product, if it's farting all day long. I don't wanna know how much players have left Ark because of this.

Wildcard, for heaven's sake, make an option for disabling farting sounds. I like your game and I wanna play it, but I think it's only a question of time until my max farting tolerance is reached and then I quit. And this is how I will remember Ark: The game which farted me all day long.

19 replies to this server topic

While my sense of humor is rather juvenile, I know your pain.

If you play singleplayer, my advice would be to go into your server settings and change the "poop interval". This means that your dinos and player character won't be dropping dung as often, though this might make it a pain when you reach the point of needing fertilizer. It also won't stop toots from being fairly common- for that, you might just need to mute your game and turn on a podcast. 

Its almost fascinating how much poop is ingrained into the experience of ARK. 

38 minutes ago, JNoble said:

The only time it bothers me anymore is if I'm flying and I poop on my bird... I always feel very awkward about pooping ON my bird. ?

How about when you're in the water and suddenly you see something coming at you in the corner of your screen... you freak out... then realize its just your own turd floating by.  

1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

I’m bothered by the fact that the new Helena HLNA unit makes a life judgement about me every time I violently crap my pants while we are out adventuring.  I payed thirty bucks for this thing and all it does is make me feel bad about voiding myself like an animal as I walk.

Amen to this, I have my defecate button on a hotkey as I'm strangely obsessed with the healthy motions of my survivor's (and tame's) bowels. I prefer to have supreme control over this action to prevent it occurring at an inconvenient time, or because I'm deluded enough to think they might become constipated. Either way, all this new HLNA pet seems to do is judge me for leaving "bio contaminated waste" around... Occasionally it even judges me for the size of my poos!

35 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Amen to this, I have my defecate button on a hotkey as I'm strangely obsessed with the healthy motions of my survivor's (and tame's) bowels. I prefer to have supreme control over this action to prevent it occurring at an inconvenient time, or because I'm deluded enough to think they might become constipated. Either way, all this new HLNA pet seems to do is judge me for leaving "bio contaminated waste" around... Occasionally it even judges me for the size of my poos!

Yeah its really wierd having your robot wife comment on the size of your stool

3 hours ago, Zapha said:

As a new player I enjoy Ark very much, great game. Except the constant farting, which is unbearable. And no way to disable it if playing on official servers, only if playing without sound.
Imagine you read a good book, hear great music, drive a cool car or whatever action you like and enjoy ... and you have to hear farting sounds every 2 mins.

Why does Wildcard place this burden on their customers? They should ask a psychologist or an advertising expert what this means for a product, if it's farting all day long. I don't wanna know how much players have left Ark because of this.

Wildcard, for heaven's sake, make an option for disabling farting sounds. I like your game and I wanna play it, but I think it's only a question of time until my max farting tolerance is reached and then I quit. And this is how I will remember Ark: The game which farted me all day long.

Is this satire?

Archived