Big Turtle: Can It?

Garick

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

When has pve ever had 0 threats lol build on extinction  on any pve server lol literally  ...your base will be wiped lol

@TypicalArkGamer 

Extinction is the only exception because the corrupt dinos damage bases but only if you are being silly and think you can build in the wastelands ( Bob move)  as well as the supply drops/ele veins. On other maps the Giga is the only creature that can damage a base. Between level 50-60, which an easy island note run can get you to you can outrun any creature on the ark and get away. Probably the biggest threat is the raptor with their crazy pouce ability or getting hit by a thylo from a tree. 

If you cryo or put your tames in a boxed pen nothing with aggro on your base. One decent level tamed rex can kill all but Gigas and Titanosaurs. You will never need to use metal tier on PvE and stone tier is god like. So I don't see the threats lasting very long, few hours at most on boosted rates maybe a little more on official rates due to taming times. 

50 minutes ago, Rancor said:

@TypicalArkGamer 

Extinction is the only exception because the corrupt dinos damage bases but only if you are being silly and think you can build in the wastelands ( Bob move)  as well as the supply drops/ele veins. On other maps the Giga is the only creature that can damage a base. Between level 50-60, which an easy island note run can get you to you can outrun any creature on the ark and get away. Probably the biggest threat is the raptor with their crazy pouce ability or getting hit by a thylo from a tree. 

If you cryo or put your tames in a boxed pen nothing with aggro on your base. One decent level tamed rex can kill all but Gigas and Titanosaurs. You will never need to use metal tier on PvE and stone tier is god like. So I don't see the threats lasting very long, few hours at most on boosted rates maybe a little more on official rates due to taming times. 

Exactly how you said it, raptors and thylas will always be annoying no matter what. Honestly whose brilliant idea was it to add a pounce option that holds you down or knocks you of your mount?

And thylas will always keep you alert in the redwoods.

Also, why do you write with green text?

2 hours ago, Rancor said:

@TypicalArkGamer 

I just used extinction as a reference. but stone base equals noob base if a player wants to break it its easily done via kiting/teleporting only offline you are safe in a stone base :D 

and dinos will still aggro a base that was really never fixed.im only ageing the fact I play legacy pve and there are no laws on these lands you would be surprised what a player will go to to get you if he/she really wanted to :D im talking imprisonment forever kinda like pvp but lil different strategy all kinds of nastys lol but yes we have threats just the same .hostile chinese/Russian take overs included lol goes to great lengths to block every drop loot crat terminal or way off the map and since we have no support we handle are situations as a pvp /pve server.

Alpha predator damages

1 hour ago, TypicalArkGamer said:

Exactly how you said it, raptors and thylas will always be annoying no matter what. Honestly whose brilliant idea was it to add a pounce option that holds you down or knocks you of your mount?

And thylas will always keep you alert in the redwoods.

Also, why do you write with green text?

not quite true even in pve you will find evil ppl my friend always remember that .because even on official if a player wiped your bases support can only help a little.. 10 dino max ya? imagine a tribe set out to destroy you and accomplished their goal you lose everything but 10 dino… ya their alts get banned  pfft  just build in mind that its the internet trolls are lurking behind a bush somewhere lol

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

not quite true even in pve you will find evil ppl my friend always remember that .because even on official if a player wiped your bases support can only help a little.. 10 dino max ya? imagine a tribe set out to destroy you and accomplished their goal you lose everything but 10 dino… ya their alts get banned  pfft  just build in mind that its the internet trolls are lurking behind a bush somewhere lol

What do you mean by not exactly true? I never even mentioned any of these things you are saying here, only thing I talked about where raptors and thylas

1 hour ago, TypicalArkGamer said:

What do you mean by not exactly true? I never even mentioned any of these things you are saying here, only thing I talked about where raptors and thylas

when u said[ Exactly how you said it,] I thought you meant how he was saying theres 0 threats on pve I misread your post when I quoted ya my bad :) but yes  zzz raptors are evil incarnate lol

• 1 month later...

I think you guys are missing how viable the turtle will be for early game base hiding. You can basically have a raft that you can hide anywhere in the water, including underwater. For the early phases of the release this is going to be even crazier than the old days where everyone was living on rafts on the island. Raid by day hide by night.

Also I am pretty sure turrets do work underwater just not the generator...that is how you defend your vacuum compartment underwater bases. Correct me if I am wrong because I may have missed something in patch since the last time I saw an underwater base on live.

I really wish they would make the vaccum compartment more accessible. It should be run by a regular generator, not locked to the tek class of building pieces. I would love to make an underwater base in genesis especially with it featuring an expanded ocean.

The turtle looks so cool but I'm expecting it to be a very difficult tame for a mostly solo player like myself and with it being so big it would probably be tough to hide, which is of upmost importance to my longevity. 

On 8/12/2019 at 7:56 PM, Kodking194 said:

honestly i like the turtle, but i can see a bit of a problem, people spamming these things in the oceans with turrets on them, so they kill any and all rafts and other sea mounts, i knwo turrets cant work under water but they can certainly shoot into the water and if u have their range set to high it can be impossible to go in ocean

Turrets work just fine underwater, clearly you dont play official PvP.  And sea mines will probably obliterate the turtle, also a turret raft or MB would still dominate unless you can box in the turtle which I doubt.

On 8/16/2019 at 5:21 PM, Rancor said:

People still play PvE? O.o How do you stay entertained with 0 threats? 

I like pushing the limits of the building system with no mods on official servers so i tend to like my project to be there the next day. And i build for looks>security.

Atlas on the other hand i like to build on pvp servers since you can do some pretty clever stuff compared to ark as far as defences go.

Archived