PVE Declaration of War Banditry

Poppet

13 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Seriously you and everyone else here are absolutely clueless. Let me spell it out to you slowly, you  can’t  change  the  alliance  mechanic  without  effecting  both  game  modes!

I can go slower if you want?

Yes you can, just like PvP allows building in caves and PvE does not. Or rather, maybe you can't, but I guarantee the people who program the game can.

If you truly believe that then you don't understand how programming works, of course they can make the alliance mechanic different on PvE and PvP.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Instead, so far everyone has suggested changing the alliance mechanic even though it works the same for both PvE and PvP.

You keep saying that, and yet it's not true.

The alliance mechanic is already different for PvP and PvE, as you yourself have noted. As the game stands right now, today, this very moment, the Alliance game mechanic does not work the same in both PvE and PvP, there are no tribe wars in PvP, that's a difference that already exists.

And this means that as the game stands right now, today, there is already code in place that makes the Alliance game mechanic work differently on PvP and PvE. Modifying how the Alliances/Tribe War mechanic works in PvE would have no affect on how Alliances work on PvP, none whatsoever.

12 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

What do you think is easier for Wildcard, adding in new mechanics that may effect more than one game mode, or removing a mechanic that only effects one game mode?

It's not adding a new mechanic, is modifying the way the mechanic works in PvE without have any affect on PvP at all.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:23 AM, Bruvas78 said:

This mechanic has been used for ages. A friend list his base back on legacy due to it. 

It's been a known risk since the games inception as far as I'm aware. 

If it's been starting to be common on official servers recently though it's still very much worth making people aware.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I will take my leave from this thread since I’m dealing with a bunch of people who never graduated from remedial class.

Perhaps they didn't graduate from your prestige school but yet they are still right; the proposed mechanic wouldn't affect PvP whatsoever. How could a per-alliance option defining whether or not you have their back in a war could potentially affect PvP if the war mechanic is specific to PvE? There is no war in PvP; you raid whoever whenever and there is a reason why the settings is named bPvEAllowTribeWar; it is a PvE-specific feature so I fail to understand your point that tweaking how the alliance behave in conjunction to the war mechanic would affect PvP.

I dont see what occurred as any different to being insided which is annoying but also not against the rules.  I'm a PVE player and know full well that by being in an alliance I can participate in boss fights, friendly or otherwise raids, build by allies etc.  Being in an alliance also brings with it responsibilities to the alliance that you look after it.  Ideally for other tribes to join the alliance there should be consultation between the existing alliance members, this is not a rule or anything but a fair way of dealing with your fellow alliance members. Which also means treat it with care, dont just invite anybody into it even if its just an alliance with you.

For trading I have always used pin coded storage.  I see nothing wrong with the Alliance system as it is now, just be aware of your responsibilities and dont accept strangers to an alliance any more than you would into your tribe. In terms of trading it was stated that being in an alliance makes it easier - since when was ARK meant to be easy anyway?  Just insure you have enough storage for whatever deal is underway in an accessible place and you will be fine.

12 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Perhaps they didn't graduate from your prestige school but yet they are still right; the proposed mechanic wouldn't affect PvP whatsoever. How could a per-alliance option defining whether or not you have their back in a war could potentially affect PvP if the war mechanic is specific to PvE? There is no war in PvP; you raid whoever whenever and there is a reason why the settings is named bPvEAllowTribeWar; it is a PvE-specific feature so I fail to understand your point that tweaking how the alliance behave in conjunction to the war mechanic would affect PvP.

You’re just as foolish as the rest of them. ??

59 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Translation: You've backed yourself into a corner and you don't want to admit you made a mistake. So now you're going to "take your toys and go home".

Isn't that called a tactical retreat? Plus, some people fight twice as hard when the other side backs down. Especially on the internet.

In the end, who the hell cares?  The only takeaway from this thread is that something needs to be changed.  Bickering about who is the most technically correct (the BEST KIND of correct) isn't gonna get us anywhere constructive.  And EVEN IF we come up with a 100% agreed-upon-by-all-parties crowdsourced solution, there is a huge, huge, huge chance the developer team is gonna solve it how they want, and not give a damn about the solution WE think is best.

The alliance mechanic needs a look.  That is where we have landed, right?

I think the point of just verifying how it would impact other game modes is a respectful way to try to have a conversation and include all potentially effected parties. 

I think its it’s pretty clear,  the alliance mechanic has little to no bearing on how pvp functions.  So,  we can all pretty much agree the alliance system could use a little TLC.   

I mean seriously ly,  I can lock down a fridge and a Dino from other tribe members from using,  but I have to let anyone in an alliance be able to start a war at anytime and drag me in if I want to use an alliance for anything other than war?

On 8/10/2019 at 3:14 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

If someone is coming in with like 40000 ingots or 20000 poly or something that will overweight you, it's easier to temp ally so they can spawn on a sleeping bag at your base and just dump it right in the vault. 

With only 50 slots in Ark data, those amounts (and deals can go for more) would take 4 trips and would require pick ups and transfers each time. 

Time is of course precious in Ark so the temp alliance system is more efficient though as we can see, has its risks.

Tek suit, dust, and you can fly to a base no problem. Maybe come over and drop a bag on an ob so you can fly over to their base. 

Allies are your worst enemy. We cut all of ours months ago and only have internal alliances for offline gates on extinction. 

Archived