Why have scorched as story ark if there is no ending

Herofire32

19 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

Because they don't feel that adding a proper ending is a good use of their time or resources, which, in my humble opinion, is bullpoop. Buuuut, I don't work at WC, so what can you do?

Couldn't agree more, The devs saying Scorched Earth is finished is complete bs considering they planned to have an ending. There is a Tek wyvern saddle and manticore overseer variant in the devkit. Scorched Earth doesn't in anyway shape or form feel finished without an ending, especially considering that becuause of this it is a plot hole in the story.

13 hours ago, Frostbite128 said:

Couldn't agree more, The devs saying Scorched Earth is finished is complete bs considering they planned to have an ending. There is a Tek wyvern saddle and manticore overseer variant in the devkit. Scorched Earth doesn't in anyway shape or form feel finished without an ending, especially considering that becuause of this it is a plot hole in the story.

I don't know that many people would disagree with you (but some would, we all know how that works) about how cool an SE Ascension would be! 

Considering WildCard's past statements on an SE Ascension though, I don't think its gonna happen.  They don't seem to expand old content much, or update old ARKs much (if ever).  Their dev-team moves straight on to the next canon-ARKs development and leaves old content behind, like firmly behind.  We did get a small update to SE with some tweaking to the environment effects and spoiltimer penalty, but they were trying to revitalize SE and get more people to play there (because its so unpopular).  With Rag's wild-level distribution and inclusion of all SE dinos apart from the Phoenix (which is MOSTLY useless), playing on SE was basically obsolete.

And as I said before, they just don't drop big updates on old content.

4 hours ago, TheDonn said:

I don't know that many people would disagree with you (but some would, we all know how that works) about how cool an SE Ascension would be! 

Considering WildCard's past statements on an SE Ascension though, I don't think its gonna happen.  They don't seem to expand old content much, or update old ARKs much (if ever).  Their dev-team moves straight on to the next canon-ARKs development and leaves old content behind, like firmly behind.  We did get a small update to SE with some tweaking to the environment effects and spoiltimer penalty, but they were trying to revitalize SE and get more people to play there (because its so unpopular).  With Rag's wild-level distribution and inclusion of all SE dinos apart from the Phoenix (which is MOSTLY useless), playing on SE was basically obsolete.

And as I said before, they just don't drop big updates on old content.

Amen to that, I don't think wildcard fully realise how much the community wants them to expand upon old content wether it is SE or something else.

If they really want to revitalize Scorched Earth then they need to give it something that rag doesn't have and that is worth traveling to the map for (Phoenix doesn't count), i mean look at Valguero it has an aberration trench but that trench doesn't have any of aberration's popular creatures (e.g Basilisk, Reaper, Rockdrake, nameless). The only reason i could think as too why they would do this, is because they don't want aberration to lose value and become unpopular but that's exactly whats happend to SE with Ragnarok. 

I mean hey if they give Scorched earth something really unique that ragnarok doesn't have then, I'm sure it's player count would increase, therefor there could be people who have played only rag and not SE, buy SE. Which in return means they could make some more money off SE and it won't lose it's value again.

But all this considered, i really doubt (like you said above) Wildcard would do this, but hey you never know. ?

It's a shame that Scorched Earth gets forgotten about, even by the devs. What I would like to see happen is an Ascension added, as well as a side of the map extended with a bigger dune that leads to something. A massive ruined city that makes the Ruins of Nosti look like a quaint little village and even dwarfs the Manticore area ruins. And then add a new dino that can rival the Rex as a boss dino, maybe the Qianzhousaurus with a new mechanic that, like the phoenix, is a SE exclusive dino. 

There are a ton of things Wildcard could do to make this map relevant again and build the desire for players to want to play there. I doubt it will ever happen though which is sad.

37 minutes ago, Ocicat said:

It's a shame that Scorched Earth gets forgotten about, even by the devs. What I would like to see happen is an Ascension added, as well as a side of the map extended with a bigger dune that leads to something. A massive ruined city that makes the Ruins of Nosti look like a quaint little village and even dwarfs the Manticore area ruins. And then add a new dino that can rival the Rex as a boss dino, maybe the Qianzhousaurus with a new mechanic that, like the phoenix, is a SE exclusive dino. 

There are a ton of things Wildcard could do to make this map relevant again and build the desire for players to want to play there. I doubt it will ever happen though which is sad.

I must say this would be really cool to see, but because Wildcard doesn't like to expand upon old content i doubt this would ever happen. We would be lucky enough to get an Ascension let alone an extension of the map.

Although i do agree there are a lot of things Wildcard can do to make this map relevant again.

• 2 months later...

Honestly, I really like the story aspects of the maps. They make me want to play there, even if they are largely inconsequential to the gameplay. SE is my second favorite map, even if it is punishing, and adding some sort of ending to it would make me want to play it more. More exclusives, map extensions, etc. would be great for sure, but one cut scene and release the Tek Wyvern saddle and I would be thrilled.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:52 AM, Calico45 said:

Honestly, I really like the story aspects of the maps. They make me want to play there, even if they are largely inconsequential to the gameplay. SE is my second favorite map, even if it is punishing, and adding some sort of ending to it would make me want to play it more. More exclusives, map extensions, etc. would be great for sure, but one cut scene and release the Tek Wyvern saddle and I would be thrilled.

Couldn't agree more, a lot of people would love to see some life breathed back into Scorched Earth. Weather that's with an ending or something else.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:52 PM, Calico45 said:

Dont forget the cave and boss fight theyd have to add, tho as stated theres already data for the fight in the game files.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:47 AM, Frostbite128 said:

Amen to that, I don't think wildcard fully realise how much the community wants them to expand upon old content wether it is SE or something else.

If they really want to revitalize Scorched Earth then they need to give it something that rag doesn't have and that is worth traveling to the map for (Phoenix doesn't count), i mean look at Valguero it has an aberration trench but that trench doesn't have any of aberration's popular creatures (e.g Basilisk, Reaper, Rockdrake, nameless). The only reason i could think as too why they would do this, is because they don't want aberration to lose value and become unpopular but that's exactly whats happend to SE with Ragnarok. 

I mean hey if they give Scorched earth something really unique that ragnarok doesn't have then, I'm sure it's player count would increase, therefor there could be people who have played only rag and not SE, buy SE. Which in return means they could make some more money off SE and it won't lose it's value again.

But all this considered, i really doubt (like you said above) Wildcard would do this, but hey you never know. ?

I was gonna say something around those lines, i agree with you 100%.  I think they f'd up with val tho.  The ab area having almost nothing of value makes val obsolete to me compared to rag.  I might as well tame things on ab and bring them to rag.  Compared to the center being steroid island and rag being steroid island and scorched together, val fails pretty bad as steroid ab/island/scorched.

12 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Dont forget the cave and boss fight theyd have to add, tho as stated theres already data for the fight in the game files.

I was gonna say something around those lines, i agree with you 100%.  I think they f'd up with val tho.  The ab area having almost nothing of value makes val obsolete to me compared to rag.  I might as well tame things on ab and bring them to rag.  Compared to the center being steroid island and rag being steroid island and scorched together, val fails pretty bad as steroid ab/island/scorched.

I have to agree with you on Valguero. It was nice to get a new, free map with more shared creatures, but there is not enough substance from Aberration for its area. It didn't have to have everything, but it shouldn't have felt bare either.

I feel like it won't have the staying power Ragnarok does in the slightest. The intrigue felt like it wore off pretty quickly, even if it was fun while it lasted. Now we can only hunger for Genesis unless we get some touch ups on the old content.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:38 AM, Onimusha759 said:

Couldn't agree more! Valguero just doesn't seem worth while to travel to apart from the new dino (which is ok at best), they could have at least added nameless and rockdrakes becuase what's the point of lightpets if there are no nameless or reapers.

Archived