Linux Client does not update to 298.3 after purchase of Ark Genesis Season Pass

RSM518

the steam client for Linux does not update after the purchase of the Ark Genesis Season Pass

uninstall/reinstall  does not work

clearing the steam download cache does not work

validate user files does not work

cannot join games on multplayer servers that have updated to 298.3

i can run a server but am not allowed to play. is that fair?

you advertise that this game works with linux. does it or doesn't it?

please reply to this discussion if you are also having this problem

This is an issue with every update they do. Basically everytime they update, they have to re-write the client just for linux/mac. From my understanding, this has something to do with the fact that we use OpenGL/Vulkan instead of Direct X. 

Because they don't implement DXVK, we have to wait for the direct translation to happen which can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Look forward to 2-3 weeks wait for the new client when the new maps are released. from my understanding, Extinction took close to 3 weeks to get a Linux/Mac client release.

Do patch numbers/versions have to be the same in order to play non dedicated?

If my friend is on Windows with patch 298.x and I'm on Linux with 297.x would that explain why we can no longer connect via non-dedicated? Just a few days ago we played fine, and now I only see "no sessions found" in the Join screen (no matter what filter) and "unable to query server info for invite" when he sends a Steam invite.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:54 AM, RSM518 said:

the steam client for Linux does not update after the purchase of the Ark Genesis Season Pass

uninstall/reinstall  does not work

clearing the steam download cache does not work

validate user files does not work

cannot join games on multplayer servers that have updated to 298.3

i can run a server but am not allowed to play. is that fair?

you advertise that this game works with linux. does it or doesn't it?

please reply to this discussion if you are also having this problem

im having this issue with mac 

waiting on client update i new basically solo player and official servers are toxic asf and all this time im online someone could found my tames again and i will have to start all over again .

On 8/9/2019 at 11:35 PM, DragonTek said:

This is an issue with every update they do. Basically everytime they update, they have to re-write the client just for linux/mac. From my understanding, this has something to do with the fact that we use OpenGL/Vulkan instead of Direct X. 

Because they don't implement DXVK, we have to wait for the direct translation to happen which can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Look forward to 2-3 weeks wait for the new client when the new maps are released. from my understanding, Extinction took close to 3 weeks to get a Linux/Mac client release.

this is bullpoop

I have no problem with expansions and things of that nature taking longer to get to Linux and Mac.  We should expect that sort of thing being in the minority of gamers but when it's an update that affects your existing game I think it's totally unfair.  I don't see why they are in such a hurry to release a patch that they are content to completely ignore a portion of their player base rather than waiting until all clients are ready.  It's not that I can't live without the game for a few weeks.  It's that the nature of the game means that not playing for that long undoes hours of work and creates unnecessary frustration and resentment.

Just my rant for the day.  Carry on

5 hours ago, TechZero said:

I have no problem with expansions and things of that nature taking longer to get to Linux and Mac.  We should expect that sort of thing being in the minority of gamers but when it's an update that affects your existing game I think it's totally unfair.  I don't see why they are in such a hurry to release a patch that they are content to completely ignore a portion of their player base rather than waiting until all clients are ready.

And it's puzzling because it's based on the Unreal cross platform game engine. It's a compile session for all intended platforms. Why the disparity? If they can afford a few Macs and Windows boxes to test on it's not like they can't afford a Linux pc.

Archived