Ark crashes while starting since last update

Lasterbalg

Ark crashes while starting since last update

Hi,

when I try to start A
RK on steam it starts with the usual sound and image but after some time crashes. I will post the chrash report. Would like to get some help! Thanks in advance!

Crash report:

Assertion failed: ARRAY_COUNT(CompareName) == ARRAY_COUNT(JumpURL) [File:H:\Trunk\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\UnrealEngine.cpp] [Line: 9505]

VERSION: 298.3
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffaa2cca839) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x00007ff7d05187e8) + 159 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x00007ff7d0518d85) + 178 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
ShooterGame.exe!MissingMapReport() (0x00007ff7d0ffe495) + 0 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9507]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::LoadMap() (0x00007ff7d10000c6) + 0 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:10028]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::Browse() (0x00007ff7d0ffb342) + 38 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8881]
ShooterGame.exe!UShooterGameInstance::StartGameInstance() (0x00007ff7cf99eae7) + 0 bytes [h:\trunk\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergameinstance.cpp:276]
ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Init() (0x00007ff7d0d392c6) + 0 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:744]
ShooterGame.exe!UShooterEngine::Init() (0x00007ff7cf991eda) + 0 bytes [h:\trunk\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shooterengine.cpp:361]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Init() (0x00007ff7cf4b8610) + 0 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2093]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff7cf4b39e3) + 20 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:128]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff7cf4bac2a) + 5 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff7cf4bad58) + 8 bytes [h:\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff7d204a891) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffaa4a97bd4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffaa5a2ce71) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffaa5a2ce71) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Known issue, at least I have reported it in here a number of times and report it as a bug and it is yet to be fixed.

The majority of these crashes are to do with a connection to steam, at least for me, when switching the filter type. Some just occur as soon as the list starts to show up.

I can confirm that this is not a mod issue as I have seen it with vanilla settings with no mods.

Ok I posted it in here because I am getting the exact error code as the original post.

And these are my specs...

• Processor: Intel® Core ™ i7-6950X Extreme with OC at least 4.4 GHz
  • Motherboard: ASUS X99 Rampage 5 Extreme Edition10 (E-ATX)
  • Graphics: 3x NVIDIA Titan X Pascal 12.888 MB GDDR5X (Triple-SLI)
  • Memory: 64 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 2.666 MHz
  • Primary data store: 1.2-TB Intel 750 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD
  • Secondary data storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO with 512 GB each (RAID 0)
  • Tertiary Disk: Seagate Barracuda HDD 10 TB

Ok update as to what this issue is that is effecting  ALL of us in this topic....  I posted to the steam forum about the same issues we are discussing here and guess what this is everywhere!!! To date I have:   I've done all that you all have, even checked drivers and emailed both steam and ark customer support... haven't received an answer as of yet. Although steam did send a automated response saying that no human will respond as it is not a steam game rather a third party game and to contact them. Which sends me on a round and round click happy search with no way to contact but to post to the Ark community forum which there are others having the exact same issue! BUT here's the big difference... I wasn't installing the game at all. I just opened steam and tried to open the game that I had played not even 4 hours earlier and instead of having the play button, there was an install button. I have played Ark since it first came out 2015 and have 2007 hours in game. I have had my share of issues with the game and all the growing a game like this entails, however out of all my experiences with Ark this by far is the most upsetting and fist pounding on the desk that I have ever shared about any game that I have played.  

It was then suggested that I try running from the root... so I did  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 

This was successful in getting me on game past the loading screen and the error message... success.  HOWEVER as a result for some reason the server started to crash as it apparently it duplicated the character save... admin helped in fixing that and suggested to delete steam entirely which I did and reinstalled it and ark. As of today I now have been able to get on and play with out issue on several different servers AND I have not had any issue with the ARRAY_COUNT error... a few times it did time out from host.  BUT not today.... Will keep you all posted.  I hope this helps...

SO Delete STEAM and ARK (all files ) and reinstall... I know its a hassle BUT it worked so far.  Aloha

FOUND SOLUTION!!! This specific Errorr occurs if ur missing mapfiles for Valguero DLC, just navigate to the Data of this map in ur Local Files of ARK, through

1. Go to: steam > steamapps > common > ARK > ShooterGame > Content > Maps

2. now IF there is a Valguero folder just delete it, otherwhise skip this Step (because you cant tell which specific file is missing)

3. then go to the Shopsite of ARK and force download the Valguero DLC, should fix it, hf guys

4. if your ark is Still corrupted navigate to your steam libary rightklick ARK and klick reset game resolution.

if it still dont work you gotta research a little yourself, fixed it for me, good luck

2 hours ago, SiIIe said:

FOUND SOLUTION!!! This specific Errorr occurs if ur missing mapfiles for Valguero DLC, just navigate to the Data of this map in ur Local Files of ARK, through

1. Go to: steam > steamapps > common > ARK > ShooterGame > Content > Maps

2. now IF there is a Valguero folder just delete it, otherwhise skip this Step (because you cant tell which specific file is missing)

3. then go to the Shopsite of ARK and force download the Valguero DLC, should fix it, hf guys

4. if your ark is Still corrupted navigate to your steam libary rightklick ARK and klick reset game resolution.

if it still dont work you gotta research a little yourself, fixed it for me, good luck

Interesting, because this error has been around for 3-4 years now.

• 5 months later...

omg man it's been a couple of month when i tried playing the game again and i wasnt able so after trying a lot of stuff and nothing worked i gave up. Today i decided  i wanted to try again and then again tried so many things and nothing was working until i saw that post about the valguero map dlc and i felt so dumb because i didnt have it downloaded.... so i did and it worked perfectly !!!!!!!

Archived