Sign in to follow this  
DamanWeylin

ARK: Genesis not play anywhere compatible

ARK: Genesis not play anywhere compatible

The current listing of ARK: Genesis is not a play anywhere compatible title in the Microsoft store. There appears to be a seperate listing for PC and Xbox. 

It is weird, I went to buy the season pass on my PC, but it gave me a desktop version, which is not compatible with the play anywhere version of ARK installed on my PC. I went to the Xbox and searched for ARK Genesis and it shows an Xbox version that I would have to pay for seperatly, I've not purchased this version yet, but it says Xbox only. 

Yeah I bought it for my fiancé and for myself on Xbox. We use a PC and a silver account to run our own private server that we play on. But since its not play anywhere we don't get our HLN-A pet because the season pass we bought was the Xbox version and not compatible with the PC. I really need this to be rectified. I just threw 70+ dollars at this and I can't even have the one little tidbit we are getting now for our money.

I was able to request a refund from Microsoft. I then purchased the Xbox version and logged in on my Xbox, that gave me the HNLA skin, which I then was able to use on my PC play anywhere version. It's an annoying work around, but until they make the season pass play anywhere it works for me. 

On 8/12/2019 at 8:08 AM, DamanWeylin said:

I was able to request a refund from Microsoft. I then purchased the Xbox version and logged in on my Xbox, that gave me the HNLA skin, which I then was able to use on my PC play anywhere version. It's an annoying work around, but until they make the season pass play anywhere it works for me. 

Hey so if I buy the xbox version of genisis I can then download it on my pc?

On 9/5/2019 at 2:44 PM, HigherFlyer said:

Hey so if I buy the xbox version of genisis I can then download it on my pc?

It would be the crossplay version which has more in common with the xbox than the PC version on the steam store.  The Steam version and the XBOX store versions do not talk to each other.

Edited by GrumpyBear