Clarification on transferring cryos

chefscrivey

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, chefscrivey said:

Hi,

I've read posts but have not found any clarity. 

it seems when we upload cryopods at terminals, it breaks them/makes the dino in them level 1.

Is this intentional?

if not does anyone know a fix?

thanks,

I've been transferring a lot on officials and never encountered that issue.

48 minutes ago, chefscrivey said:

Hi,

I've read posts but have not found any clarity. 

it seems when we upload cryopods at terminals, it breaks them/makes the dino in them level 1.

Is this intentional?

if not does anyone know a fix?

thanks,

Never heard of this issue before, and I've used the terminals a lot. but I'm on unofficial cluster servers

We are on unofficial the servers were unclustered.

In one instance I accidently put a filled cryopod in the item upload, didn't mean to so immediately took it back out, then the pod went from full to dead.

we got them clustered today so im hoping that fixes the problem. but still means I have to do a true upload to bring stuff to single player which is less convenient, especially for water dinos.

I think it has to do with the timers on the cryopods, the dinos in the cryopod get experience while they are in the pod and the terminal/obelisk messes with that timer on some maps.  On my single player world the Date on my island file is different from my other maps, so taking a cryopod from extinction to the island will result in it losing 14 hours of charge and the dino gaining 41 levels of experience from level 1.  I am assuming your maps have a similar issue.

8 minutes ago, chefscrivey said:

@RipRavage that's interesting, appreciate the insight. 

still doesn't address the instance in which the dino is pu to level 1.

If you have a reverse of the issue it might calculate negative experience and that might be taking levels away.  I've also had cryopods change a dino's gender, so their mechanics are wonky and they have a chance of losing parts of dino data it seems.  Its still safer in my opinion than using the obelisk to straight upload them, I've lost tons of dinos that way with them vanishing upon redownload.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:33 AM, RipRavage said:

I think it has to do with the timers on the cryopods, the dinos in the cryopod get experience while they are in the pod and the terminal/obelisk messes with that timer on some maps.  On my single player world the Date on my island file is different from my other maps, so taking a cryopod from extinction to the island will result in it losing 14 hours of charge and the dino gaining 41 levels of experience from level 1.  I am assuming your maps have a similar issue.

Messed up trying to post yesterday on my phone, quoted the wrong quote, couldn't figure out how to delete it, and got distracted with an appointment and forgot about it until today.

I was only going to say that i have a similar issue like you describe except my timers are going down.. :( First time i noticed, 7 days gone from the cryopod, now it's up to 21 days. But if i send them to aberration first, then to the island, everything seems to be fine. (Still need to test this more to be sure)

6 minutes ago, graystorm01 said:

Messed up trying to post yesterday on my phone, quoted the wrong quote, couldn't figure out how to delete it, and got distracted with an appointment and forgot about it until today.

I was only going to say that i have a similar issue like you describe except my timers are going down.. :( First time i noticed, 7 days gone from the cryopod, now it's up to 21 days. But if i send them to aberration first, then to the island, everything seems to be fine. (Still need to test this more to be sure)

No problem dude, I was just confused by the empty post.  I think it may have to do with how much time you played on a certain map, because the island is where my main base is and I've played there longer than any other map.  I think the game tries to adjust the in game play hours (Or server up time for Servers) to calculate the time the cryopod needs to adjust to.  My lesser played maps like Aberration or Ragnarok dont have this issue, and the island has the worst time loss with it.

I've had the same on my own server, transferring from Ragnarok to Valguero. All dinos end up as level 1, standard colours  etc. and it happens no matter which way I transfer them - rag to val or val to rag. 

I've started moving my dinos in small batches, I still have some issues like the odd dino going missing during transfer and sometimes ending up with doubles of another (no complaints there really). But for now  I feel like its the safest option even if it does take forever. 

Archived