So... Where are the dinos ? (again ?)

DarkRaptor13

On September 19, 2019 at 8:55 PM, Cedric said:

I can understand the want for prehistoric dinosaurs or those based on prehistoric dinosaurs but as others have pointed out, this was always meant to be a sci-fi game so it's only natural that the creatures become more sci-fi influenced  (it matches with the lore as well)

That isn't to say there wont be anymore creatures like Deinonychus, but the fact you are seeing more TEK inspired creatures is actually part of the lore and overall story.

I think it would be cool if we got some more Mythological creatures in the game. Like the Pegasus, a Minotaur, a Nemean Lion, etc etc.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

ark has not for a single second been about dinosaurs it’s a sci fi game and has been since day 1 when it was released 2017

And this

the island prehistoric creatures 

scorched earth mythical creatures

aberration aliens 

extinction robots and cyborgs 

genesis ???????

The prehistoric creatures on Island ARK and Center are Dinosaurs (with some Pleistocene Megafauna).  On SE ARK there are Golems and Wyverns, and many species of Dinosaurs (with less Pleistocene Megafauna).  Ragnarok includes some of the fantasy creatures from SE but mostly Dinosaurs (with arguably more Pleistocene Megafauna).  On Aberration, there is one single domesticated creature that is alien-like (the Reaper King).  The others that could be alien-like aren't tamable (Nameless, Reaper Queen, and Seeker), and other than that grand-total of three, the majority of the remainder are Dinosaurs (with a few Pleistocene Megafauna).  Extinction has 3 robots and 5 cyborg entities, excluding the MegaMEK because there is a single instance you can use it, and the rest of available tames for the most part are Dinosaurs (with Pleistocene Megafauna).  Valguero lines up with Ragnarok, including fantasy creatures from SE and Ab, but with plenty of Dinosaurs (and some Pleistocene Megafauna) to go around.  The rest of the creatures across various ARKs are either hybrid/tribrid dinosaurs/creatures or plain ol' larger versions of creatures.

There are some that want to see more actual dinosaurs.  Some want to see more sci-fi elements.  But saying, "ark has not for a single second been about dinosaurs" and ignore the facts that 1) a respectable chunk of the tamable entities are dinos, 2) early access was a thing for 2 years (since 2015), where Island and Center were hands-down more popular than SE (while being mostly populated with dinosaurs), or 3) that the box art has a dinosaur on it...  That's just strange.  To many people who play, this is about the dinosaurs.  While some of us played throughout Early Access, it was about the dinosaurs because getting access to TEK back then was difficult after it released, so dinosaurs were all we knew.  We were dinosaur riders in a seemingly sci-fi world, but the sci-fi aspects didn't really have any effect on gameplay so again, it was about the dinosaurs.  New tribes nowadays don't immediately have access to all TEK and sci-fi stuff, they have to tame dinosaurs and use them to help them survive so it, to them, probably feels like a dinosaur game.  Reading the lore instead of playing, it reads like a sci-fi-heavy story.  But playing the early-game, it still feels like it's about the dinosaurs.  Unless you are trying to craft an argument in the most present of tenses, ignoring the history of ARK and state of early-game ARK, and discuss the lore and story ONLY in an attempt to sound the most technically correct, ARK is about the dinosaurs.

So facepalm if you want, it seems to be your thing.  I'm just sharing some history of ARK, because it seems like you feel like ARK didn't exist until 2017 and so any experience of the game before that point is invalid.  But it did, sir...  It did.  It was Dinosaur Simulator 2015/2016.  In '17 we got Ab and a much deeper look at the sci-fi part of the game.  Ext blew it wide open, and Genesis is another level altogether.  I still remember my first tame in 2015, and freaking out because I thought it was so cool.  It happened to be a dinosaur!

2 hours ago, TheDonn said:

The prehistoric creatures on Island ARK and Center are Dinosaurs (with some Pleistocene Megafauna).  On SE ARK there are Golems and Wyverns, and many species of Dinosaurs (with less Pleistocene Megafauna).  Ragnarok includes some of the fantasy creatures from SE but mostly Dinosaurs (with arguably more Pleistocene Megafauna).  On Aberration, there is one single domesticated creature that is alien-like (the Reaper King).  The others that could be alien-like aren't tamable (Nameless, Reaper Queen, and Seeker), and other than that grand-total of three, the majority of the remainder are Dinosaurs (with a few Pleistocene Megafauna).  Extinction has 3 robots and 5 cyborg entities, excluding the MegaMEK because there is a single instance you can use it, and the rest of available tames for the most part are Dinosaurs (with Pleistocene Megafauna).  Valguero lines up with Ragnarok, including fantasy creatures from SE and Ab, but with plenty of Dinosaurs (and some Pleistocene Megafauna) to go around.  The rest of the creatures across various ARKs are either hybrid/tribrid dinosaurs/creatures or plain ol' larger versions of creatures.

There are some that want to see more actual dinosaurs.  Some want to see more sci-fi elements.  But saying, "ark has not for a single second been about dinosaurs" and ignore the facts that 1) a respectable chunk of the tamable entities are dinos, 2) early access was a thing for 2 years (since 2015), where Island and Center were hands-down more popular than SE (while being mostly populated with dinosaurs), or 3) that the box art has a dinosaur on it...  That's just strange.  To many people who play, this is about the dinosaurs.  While some of us played throughout Early Access, it was about the dinosaurs because getting access to TEK back then was difficult after it released, so dinosaurs were all we knew.  We were dinosaur riders in a seemingly sci-fi world, but the sci-fi aspects didn't really have any effect on gameplay so again, it was about the dinosaurs.  New tribes nowadays don't immediately have access to all TEK and sci-fi stuff, they have to tame dinosaurs and use them to help them survive so it, to them, probably feels like a dinosaur game.  Reading the lore instead of playing, it reads like a sci-fi-heavy story.  But playing the early-game, it still feels like it's about the dinosaurs.  Unless you are trying to craft an argument in the most present of tenses, ignoring the history of ARK and state of early-game ARK, and discuss the lore and story ONLY in an attempt to sound the most technically correct, ARK is about the dinosaurs.

So facepalm if you want, it seems to be your thing.  I'm just sharing some history of ARK, because it seems like you feel like ARK didn't exist until 2017 and so any experience of the game before that point is invalid.  But it did, sir...  It did.  It was Dinosaur Simulator 2015/2016.  In '17 we got Ab and a much deeper look at the sci-fi part of the game.  Ext blew it wide open, and Genesis is another level altogether.  I still remember my first tame in 2015, and freaking out because I thought it was so cool.  It happened to be a dinosaur!

back and read my post I never said anything about people wanting dinosaurs but they just need to go else where this is a sci fi game 

and early access it wasn’t even released and some still knew it was sci fi people when it fully released it was mostly about sci fi the entire game is about sci fi when I wake up you even see sci fi before anything else (hence the implant)

and also I never said It didn’t have dinosaurs but island does have a lot of them 

scorched earth has them but is not about them

aberration has them but is not about them 

extinction has them but is not about the

Also explain how everything happened without sci fi 

And the game is incredibly story driven

I didnt ignore facts I am stating them 

and about the reactions  look at my reaction again I bet you missed my like 20 ❤️ reactions

49 minutes ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

back and read my post I never said anything about people wanting dinosaurs but they just need to go else where this is a sci fi game 

and early access it wasn’t even released and some still knew it was sci fi people when it fully released it was mostly about sci fi the entire game is about sci fi when I wake up you even see sci fi before anything else (hence the implant)

and also I never said It didn’t have dinosaurs but island does have a lot of them 

scorched earth has them but is not about them

aberration has them but is not about them 

extinction has them but is not about the

Also explain how everything happened without sci fi 

And the game is incredibly story driven

I didnt ignore facts I am stating them 

and about the reactions  look at my reaction again I bet you missed my like 20 ❤️ reactions

The majority of the game is not story-driven.  It is basically what I said:  You are presenting a 100% lore-based take on the game in an attempt to be the most technically correct person in a discussion where someone wants more dinosaurs in a dinosaur sci-fi game.  That's fine, but...

The majority of the game is about the dinosaurs.  The majority of interactions performed by the majority of people involve dinosaurs.  It is also about sci-fi aspects, but it is about both.  You get to the sci-fi bits via dinosaurs:  Taming, breeding, fighting.  You can't complete the game without dinosaurs unless you cheat on singleplayer.  Looking at this game as a purely sci-fi game doesn't work.  It doesn't even work to look at the game as a MOSTLY sci-fi game.  The dinosaurs are a large part of the game.  Please open your mind.

EDIT:  If you are doing all this in an attempt to convince people that the sci-fi aspects of the game are important, understand:  I agree.  The ARK story is one of the best I've encountered in my time video gaming, which is approaching 3 decades.  Sure, it can have holes poked in it like any story.  But understand why people want to see more "DINO"-dinos:  Because we don't turn the game on and start sci-fi'ing.  We turn the game on and tame, gather with, fight with, and breed dinosaurs (and some of the megafauna).

20 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

The majority of the game is not story-driven.  It is basically what I said:  You are presenting a 100% lore-based take on the game in an attempt to be the most technically correct person in a discussion where someone wants more dinosaurs in a dinosaur sci-fi game.  That's fine, but...

The majority of the game is about the dinosaurs.  The majority of interactions performed by the majority of people involve dinosaurs.  It is also about sci-fi aspects, but it is about both.  You get to the sci-fi bits via dinosaurs:  Taming, breeding, fighting.  You can't complete the game without dinosaurs unless you cheat on singleplayer.  Looking at this game as a purely sci-fi game doesn't work.  It doesn't even work to look at the game as a MOSTLY sci-fi game.  The dinosaurs are a large part of the game.  Please open your mind.

EDIT:  If you are doing all this in an attempt to convince people that the sci-fi aspects of the game are important, understand:  I agree.  The ARK story is one of the best I've encountered in my time video gaming, which is approaching 3 decades.  Sure, it can have holes poked in it like any story.  But understand why people want to see more "DINO"-dinos:  Because we don't turn the game on and start sci-fi'ing.  We turn the game on and tame, gather with, fight with, and breed dinosaurs (and some of the megafauna).

The entire game is story driven almost everything can be explained by what you see with your own eyes the notes are just lore 

i played aberration and extinction without tameing a single dinosaur so clearly not

Also  I turn on the game look around see a tek city jump on my robot go farm element what about that isn’t sci fi

I don’t want to be an enemy plz just reread my posts and think for a while 

5 minutes ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

The entire game is story driven almost everything can be explained by what you see with your own eyes the notes are just lore 

i played aberration and extinction without tameing a single dinosaur so clearly not

I don’t want to be an enemy plz just reread my posts and think for a while 

Everything can somewhat be explained with the notes.  That was never up for debate.  If you are saying you can get by on Ab and Ext without taming dinosaurs, that's great for you.  Applying that extremely uncommon playstyle to a dinosaur game where 95+% of people tame, breed, and use dinosaurs for most aspects of gameplay, and then trying to explain to people that they aren't playing a dinosaur game...  I think YOU need to think about this for a while!

People come and go on the forums with strange ideas.  But in this case, in a game that is considered by the gross majority of people that play it to be a game about dinosaurs with sci-fi aspects, you show up in a thread where someone voices an opinion about wanting to see more dinosaurs, and you tell him that this game isn't about dinosaurs.  Everyone gets that the sci-fi is important.  People play for the dinosaurs, and the tamed creatures, but mostly the dinosaurs.  ARK's hook is the dinosaurs.  That isn't my opinion, it is a fact about what sets ARK apart from other survival games.  It's the dinosaurs.  Not robots or aliens or mammals, but the dinosaurs.

Again, I understand the sci-fi elements at play, I really do.  But don't underplay the importance of dinosaurs in ARK's appeal, replayability, or longevity.  Just ask yourself if ARK would be ARK without dinosaurs.  For the majority of people *this is important*, not people that somehow get through all content in an xpac without taming dinosaurs, ARK wouldn't be ARK.  It would probably still be fun, but it sure as hell wouldn't be ARK.  I'll let you dismiss this point, and leave it at that.

29 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Everything can somewhat be explained with the notes.  That was never up for debate.  If you are saying you can get by on Ab and Ext without taming dinosaurs, that's great for you.  Applying that extremely uncommon playstyle to a dinosaur game where 95+% of people tame, breed, and use dinosaurs for most aspects of gameplay, and then trying to explain to people that they aren't playing a dinosaur game...  I think YOU need to think about this for a while!

People come and go on the forums with strange ideas.  But in this case, in a game that is considered by the gross majority of people that play it to be a game about dinosaurs with sci-fi aspects, you show up in a thread where someone voices an opinion about wanting to see more dinosaurs, and you tell him that this game isn't about dinosaurs.  Everyone gets that the sci-fi is important.  People play for the dinosaurs, and the tamed creatures, but mostly the dinosaurs.  ARK's hook is the dinosaurs.  That isn't my opinion, it is a fact about what sets ARK apart from other survival games.  It's the dinosaurs.  Not robots or aliens or mammals, but the dinosaurs.

Again, I understand the sci-fi elements at play, I really do.  But don't underplay the importance of dinosaurs in ARK's appeal, replayability, or longevity.  Just ask yourself if ARK would be ARK without dinosaurs.  For the majority of people *this is important*, not people that somehow get through all content in an xpac without taming dinosaurs, ARK wouldn't be ARK.  It would probably still be fun, but it sure as hell wouldn't be ARK.  I'll let you dismiss this point, and leave it at that.

It’s called ark survival evolved ARK not Dino survival evolved its about sci fi stuff you can use dinos but mainly on the island 

Explain a single thing without sci fi

What About the implant the obelisk supply drops and how you beat each map 

Aberration you will use Mainly aliens (ravages basilisks rockdrakes reapers)

extinction you will use mainly robots and cyborgs 

It’s just a fact 

2 minutes ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

It’s called ark survival evolved ARK not Dino survival evolved its about sci fi stuff you can use dinos but mainly on the island 

Explain a single thing without sci fi

What About the implant the obelisk supply drops and how you beat each map 

Aberration you will use Mainly aliens (ravages basilisks rockdrakes reapers)

extinction you will use mainly robots and cyborgs 

It’s just a fact 

Please stop trying to convince people that dinos aren't important in a dinosaur game.  Move on.

22 minutes ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

I am not I am just saying it’s not a Dino game how in what universe is it a Dino game

think about that for a few hours to days

Please for the love of Raptor Jesus, give it up "truthgamer".  I, and no one else, is coming around about this not being a dinosaur game.  Move on, add to our discussion, or start a thread/poll about how ARK isn't a dinosaur game.  This is about people who want to see more dinosaurs in this dinosaur game.

2 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Please for the love of Raptor Jesus, give it up "truthgamer".  I, and no one else, is coming around about this not being a dinosaur game.  Move on, add to our discussion, or start a thread/poll about how ARK isn't a dinosaur game.  This is about people who want to see more dinosaurs in this dinosaur game.

Why are you still here you are so annoying you made your point you are stubborn or stupid I get it 

and I ask In what way is ark the sci fi game a Dino game

2 minutes ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

Stop

I'm talkin bout the dinosaurs.  I like the Archelon, and played on a server with the Deinocheirus.  It was a hard tame, passive but really aggressive, and only eats raw prime fish to tame.  It was tough.  But I got a breeding pair of that dino, and they were pretty great.  Heavy stam users though, and some weird quirks with their model.

EDIT:  But its a weird thing, to get them to tame you had to have tamed a "red panda," part of the same dino addition.  The panda was a shoulder pet that provides a "soothing" aura and allows you to approach the Deinocheirus.  Still aggressive though, think taming a Mantis.  How if you touch them, they attack you.

Just now, TheDonn said:

I'm talkin bout the dinosaurs.  I like the Archelon, and played on a server with the Deinocheirus.  It was a hard tame, passive but really aggressive, and only eats raw prime fish to tame.  It was tough.  But I got a breeding pair of that dino, and they were pretty great.  Heavy stam users though, and some weird quirks with their model.

I am done it’s sci fi bye 

Archived