Question about breeding(I'm new to breeding)

PhiteWanther

hi I'm new to breeding and I Have a few questions
1.if baby have exact stats (health and melee) from his mom and dad is it considered to be a perfect offspring(baby) ?
2.lets say we have 2 baby that have exact stats from his mom and dad if we breed them is there higher mutation chance ?
3.am I Have to do breed until the baby got exact health and melee stats from his mom and dad ?

(what I Mean is if the both parent got  11k hp and 600 melee damage but baby got lower of all am I Have to do breed again until baby got that 600 melee damage and 11k hp ?)

You usually breed the parents together until you have the desired (higher) stats from both.

i.e. Mom has high Stam and DMG, Dad has high Weight and HP, the perfect offspring will have both the high Stam and DMG from Mom and the high Weight and HP from Dad.

If both of the parents have the same exact stats, the offspring will ALWAYS get them too (unless there is a mutation which will increase one random stat* by 2 points) since it inherits each stat from either of the parents.

Having the best stats on both Mom and Dad does not increase your chance of getting mutations though, it's still random. You'll have to keep an eye on the number of mutations though, as any dino that has reached 20 on both sides will not be able to produce a new mutation. The best way to circumvent that is to simply breed mutated males with unmutated females, so the highest you'll ever get on matrilineal side is 1*.

* In VERY rare cases 2 mutations can happen at once, but normally it's one.

1 hour ago, Eanaya said:

You usually breed the parents together until you have the desired (higher) stats from both.

i.e. Mom has high Stam and DMG, Dad has high Weight and HP, the perfect offspring will have both the high Stam and DMG from Mom and the high Weight and HP from Dad.

If both of the parents have the same exact stats, the offspring will ALWAYS get them too (unless there is a mutation which will increase one random stat* by 2 points) since it inherits each stat from either of the parents.

Having the best stats on both Mom and Dad does not increase your chance of getting mutations though, it's still random. You'll have to keep an eye on the number of mutations though, as any dino that has reached 20 on both sides will not be able to produce a new mutation. The best way to circumvent that is to simply breed mutated males with unmutated females, so the highest you'll ever get on matrilineal side is 1*.

* In VERY rare cases 2 mutations can happen at once, but normally it's one.

This is good information.

The other thing is these are the stats right after taming. This does not include leveled stats. 

The higher the baby level, the better, because stats actually contains level, how many times a stat is leveled up (wild stats), so the higher each stats is leveled up will all accumulate as higher level baby overall.

Later you'd want to inspect the parents how many level up is on each of the stat especially hp, melee, weight and stam. On official server you will need Ark Smart Breeding, if you play on unofficial or Single Player, can use Awesome Spyglass to inspect that, so you can decide whether a wild is worth to tame or not.

Archived