Genesis addon Xbox/windows10

LeonZ

Genesis addon Xbox/windows10

There seems to be a problem with the new Genesis Season Pass on the Microsoft store. 

All other content from Scorched to Extinction has registered the DLC in Windows 10 because of Xbox Play Anywhere. 

I've purchased the pass on the Xbox store, the Xbox version of Ark has registered the addon. 

The windows 10 version of Ark Has Not registered the Genesis Pass addon! 

Even if I click on the Season Pass in Windows 10 version of Ark main title screen nothing happens. 

Same problem

- I purchased it via Windows 10, didn't receive the items or pass. Even though it said it was installed.

- I purchased it via Xbox Store, and as long as I am on the Xbox. I have the season pass.

- I requested a refund from Microsoft for one of the season passes

- WildCard please fix this issue. I want my pet ;)

Same issue here. Contacted microsoft and they said its not a crossplay pass. Which is weird considering the game itself is. Talked to them for roughly an hour trying everything to figure it out. They forwarded the info I gave them to wildcard. Including my reference number. Only works on sp windows 10 if you spawn it in. I have a nitrado server for xbox one and play on windows 10. So not sure if its on nitrados side its not working properly or wild card.

• 2 months later...

This still has not been fixed. I play Ark on both Xbox and Win10. It is a play anywhere title. I should not have to purchase 2 copies of the same DLC in order to play the game on both Xbox and PC. I have all of the other DLCs and this feels like a bit of a slap in the face. I am aware that if you have the Xbox that you can get the skin (which is how I hadn't noticed this issue until today because I flip back and forth), but how is it going to work when the new map comes out? Am I only going to be able to play it on my console since that's where I purchased it? If I'm mistaken and am missing something, please feel free to correct me. I just know that I finally died for the 1st time on Win10 since I bought the DLC (day it came out) and my HLN-A didn't spawn for me like it does on Xbox.

• 3 months later...

i have a similar issue, but seems to be slightly different to everyone else? i have bought it on my xbox, and when i sign in on win 10 ver. i get the skins, but not the HLNA, and i can not download the actual dlc for free (or redownload on the computer). anyway i can talk to microsoft about this to try and come to a resolution?

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Butterflyrant said:

I purchased the pass yesterday on Xbox.  It says I own it but nothing installed.  I have tried troubleshooting with everything I could think of but nothing helps.  No pet. No nothing. 

There is nothing to install yet, although you should have the HLNA. I would suggest holding off until the DLC releases next Tuesday 25th which should hopefully resolve the no HLNA issue.

I'm curious about this. I bought it on the xbox because I play on both xbox and pc. I bought it on xbox first because I can game share with my daughter who likes to play on single player and run around with dinosaurs. I don't have hlna on pc but I do on xbox. I can of course get it if I log into xbox first. I would just love to know if I need to purchase it from the Win10 store as well as xbox or if it is play anywhere. There is no clear information pertaining to that.

1 hour ago, Vagenius said:

I'm curious about this. I bought it on the xbox because I play on both xbox and pc. I bought it on xbox first because I can game share with my daughter who likes to play on single player and run around with dinosaurs. I don't have hlna on pc but I do on xbox. I can of course get it if I log into xbox first. I would just love to know if I need to purchase it from the Win10 store as well as xbox or if it is play anywhere. There is no clear information pertaining to that.

There's a known situation (bug?) with buying from the Xbox/windows store and getting it on the other. I believe it's an issue you have to talk to Microsoft about

I just purchased the season pass yesterday and also, nothing to download. I'm only playing on a PC laptop, (NOT steam!) and I do play on unofficial servers hosted by nitrado. But that shouldnt make any problem within the win 10 store not giving me a download link.  I will be pretty pissed if I cannot play genesis as a DLC, I purchased the full Explorers edition for $90 a year and half ago. I only have a PC laptop to play on.

@VeeTea Ok so I just spent a half hour with Microsoft and they said that this game pass is separate for pc and xbox one. The game is play anywhere, the pass is separate. There is the answer for all of us. Unless Wildcard says different I would say this is correct information. You must purchase on both pc and xbox. I don't have a problem with it, just wish it was made more clear and Wildcard would just come out and say, "hey ya they are seperate." When they say nothing and you can't find any solid information from the company, it just feels shady.

genesisseasonpassmicrosoft.thumb.jpg.25fb277bbb74dba44b5d4bab0ed6e911.jpg

I just purchased the Win10 PC version last night. My son had already bought the Xbox version a few weeks ago. He got the HLN-A skin almost immediately. When I made my purchase last night, I promptly booted up my Ark game on Win10, and did not see any sign that I had purchased the Genesis content (no HLN-A skin, nada). So, I clicked on the Genesis, "Get It Now," tab on the initial Ark menu screen, which took me back to the Microsoft store, where I had purchased the content previously. Here, I saw the option to download the game onto my PC, which I did. I believe the download is the skin, it's about ~8 Mb in total. Once that was done, THEN I was able to access the HLN-A skin in-game, confirming the install worked/content purchased. 

Now just got to sit back and wait for the big update today, if all goes as planned...

I just bought the pass on Xbox today, and went to go download it on my PC since I run servers on my PC for my friends and I. I know now that the PC and Xbox passes are different through Microsoft, but every time I try to find the PC version of the pass it already says I own it, but when I go to install it says it can't download. Anyone have any idea why? Did they try and merge the passes and its saying I own it but I don't actually have the PC version? What is going on?

Archived