cocob1

Genesis Simulation

Genesis Simulation

So it was said in the stream that genesis is a simulation, which allows WC to add in things that may even be too crazy for regular arks.

So my question is, if genesis is a simulation does that mean that you cant transfer your character/dino/items to genesis maps? Similarly how would one go about transfering dinos "tamed" in a simulation out of genesis and into the "real" arks on official servers/maps?

I'm assuming it would be possible because it wouldnt make sense for genesis to be a seperate enitity from the base game but how would it work lore wise. How would you bring this virtual dino tamed in a simulation and bring it to the real world where it is no longer virtual?

4 hours ago, cocob1 said:

Genesis Simulation

So it was said in the stream that genesis is a simulation, which allows WC to add in things that may even be too crazy for regular arks.

So my question is, if genesis is a simulation does that mean that you cant transfer your character/dino/items to genesis maps? Similarly how would one go about transfering dinos "tamed" in a simulation out of genesis and into the "real" arks on official servers/maps?

I'm assuming it would be possible because it wouldnt make sense for genesis to be a seperate enitity from the base game but how would it work lore wise. How would you bring this virtual dino tamed in a simulation and bring it to the real world where it is no longer virtual?

Gotta assume it something like that Xmen training or Star Trek holodeck simulations. But does that mean if you transfer in dinos, they still can be killed?

On 8/9/2019 at 9:50 PM, CyanicEmber said:

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of these creatures are only available in Genesis.

Yeah, maybe... but the ARK system does contain some crazy bioengineering technology so it would be feasible to use the system to fabricate these “new” creatures created in the sim and implant the “personality” they developed in the sim with us. It’s somewhat how survivors originated after all, as far as we can tell. 

Or that could be covered by the game’s suspension of disbelief since most of the rest of it rests upon sturdy physics and other scientific foundations. For a sci-fi game, most things are actually pretty possible given some time and that level of technology (most of which could feasibly be reached by humanity in the real world). Even stuff that can’t is very well incorporated using realistic scientific principles and mechanics.