ItemStatClamps

vass

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, KyleGringo said:

So now, how can i see if its working right? Because i log into the game as a ADM and spawned the item to test the clamp, but i dont know if its gonna work. I need to play as a player and drop from the game and se if it working or what? Thank you!

Spawn any weapons with very high quality until the damage is higher than 298% and then upload/download it back and the clamp should have been applied.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 6:40 PM, invincibleqc said:

Spawn any weapons with very high quality until the damage is higher than 298% and then upload/download it back and the clamp should have been applied.

I can't get this to work. I can't change ARKs hard coded damage % limit of 755.3. I have my damage clamp set to ItemStatClamps[3]=198000.

Does this feature no longer work?

• Volunteer Moderator
52 minutes ago, HulkyThicc said:

I can't get this to work. I can't change ARKs hard coded damage % limit of 755.3. I have my damage clamp set to ItemStatClamps[3]=198000.

Does this feature no longer work?

You can only use this setting to clamp between their base and max values; not exceed it.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, HulkyThicc said:

Oh, I didn't even know that was a thing. I have my max wild dinos at 940.

Stats cannot exceed 255 points when they are saved/restored so 255 * 7 = 1785 max. You will lose stats randomly as well by having wild at 940. If you perfect tame a 940, it will be at 1410. If any of the 7 stats get more than 255 points allocated to it, then that stat will overflow when uploaded and/or when rebooted:

5 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Stats cannot exceed 255 points when they are saved/restored so 255 * 7 = 1785 max. You will lose stats randomly as well by having wild at 940. If you perfect tame a 940, it will be at 1410. If any of the 7 stats get more than 255 points allocated to it, then that stat will overflow when uploaded and/or when rebooted:

Is there a way to cap a stat so it doesn't exceed 255 levels? As I have no clue if I've given my dino that many stats or not since there's no way to check that on console.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, HulkyThicc said:

Is there a way to cap a stat so it doesn't exceed 255 levels? As I have no clue if I've given my dino that many stats or not since there's no way to check that on console.

The only way is to not set your difficulty that high.

16 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

You can only use this setting to clamp between their base and max values; not exceed it.

Question. Since you can't go past ARKs hard coded values for gear, why is there a setting for the GameUserSettings.ini where you can enable / disable item clamping?

[ServerSettings]
ClampItemStats=True

I assume this value should realistically be renamed to ClampItemStatsToUsersValues? As that's all it does.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:25 PM, invincibleqc said:

GameUserSettings.ini

[ServerSettings]
ClampItemStats=True

Game.ini

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
ItemStatClamps[1]=19800
ItemStatClamps[3]=19800

Yes, it is the same calculation for the 8 categories enumerated on the wiki. 

so i can clamp all categories 0-7 with the 19800 value and that will be official settings ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Boyka57 said:

Hello, can someone help me please, 

when I restart my server "ClampItemStats" turn to false..

Make sure that your server is turned off when you make changes and make sure that setting isn't defined twice (either in the file, or also in your launch command, etc.).

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Boyka57 said:

I really don’t know how to fix it 😂 what you mean when you tell me "in launch command" 
I don’t know where is?

When a modification gets reversed, this usually means that;

• You made that modification while your server was running and the already loaded value was written back to the file.
  • You are using a host that offer that option in their panel that overwrites the file.
  • You have the option in your launch command as well as in the file and the former is taking precedence over the later.

As for the launch command, this is the command used to launch the process. For example;

start ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?...

Same if you have an option defined twice in your file;

SomeOption=False
SomeOption=True

The former is likely to take priority and overwrite the later with the run-time value that was already loaded in memory, etc. So yeah, first of, make sure your server is not running when you make the modification. Also make sure that it isn't defined twice (either in the file, or in your launch command as well as in the file, etc.) and make sure it is correctly set in the panel of your host. If you tried all of this, and still have issues, then contact your host and they should be able to assist.

• 3 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 3:38 AM, invincibleqc said:

hi
i am trying to raise the items-durability.
ive followed this entire post; in my nitrado.net-webpanel ive set itemclamp to true
image.png.a7e64ac7cfe5731f470b59bcfddbb57b.png
and my gus and game also seems right
image.png.810fa36ddc61caa53e114f1f8f72e371.png

image.png.3f25faccd53de7576af9626007cbac81.png

doesnt work. can you help me find out what im missing here?

EDIT: you mentioned that it is only possible to change values inbetween the hardcoded min and max.
what is min and max value for durability ?

no matter what i try here; cloth-bandana always crafts with 25 durability.

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, Kostriktor said:

no matter what i try here; cloth-bandana always crafts with 25 durability.

This specific sentence leads me to believe that you have a misconception about what this setting is all about. It won't increase durability, nor any other stats, from items. What it does is, for example, you are crafting a Longneck Rifle from a blueprint using crafting skills + focal chili which gets 400% damage. If your clamp is configured to be let's say, max 300% damage, that longneck you just craft will see its damage reduced to 300% because it exceed the configured clamps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 2:49 PM, invincibleqc said:

I'm actually the one that added that information to the wiki after digging the information into the server binaries and test calculations until I found the algorithm. ?

Both crafted items and blueprints gets clamped. The clamp happens when the items are loaded whether from the world save when the server starts or from being downloaded from the cluster files via an obelisk/transmitter. For example, it is possible that your players find or craft items with higher stat that they can use until the next reboot.

In the devkit. Search for "ItemStatInfo" in a blueprint. For example, here are the values of a Longneck damage:

GWjHGUJ.png

So with a clamp of 19800 damage we would get the following result:

100 + ((19800 * 0.001)) * (0.1 * 100) = 298.0

A 0.0 initial value constant is the equivalence of 100%.

Can we get formula to calculate armor/saddles pelase? I`ve searched nearly everywhere, and i dont have space and time to install DevKit only for this info

Archived