Season pass

bashboy

8 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

@Pellao You can face palm my comment all you like....

According to Wildcard, the Season Pass and all DLC are supposed to be on sale for Steam and Playstation. Steam is the only one where the Season Pass has not been adjusted.

So why are you complaining to WC? Sounds like a Steam issue. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Prove it.

The only proof I can give, is that the dlc extinction was given to season pass owners EVEN if the first season pass was bought before the announcement of it.

Any other proof regarding their edit on that steam page is impossible to find because, NOBODY COULD expect that to happen.
Just think about it?
Is it that hard to believe that happened? Just want to remind you that they changed the basic price from 29.99$ to 59.99$.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/7/15935028/ark-survival-evolved-price-increase-launch-date-pc-xbox-one-ps4

Also I understand that acknowledge moderator.

16 minutes ago, NikePowa said:

The only proof I can give, is that the dlc extinction was given to season pass owners EVEN if the first season pass was bought before the announcement of it.

Any other proof regarding their edit on that steam page is impossible to find because, NOBODY COULD expect that to happen.
Just think about it?
Is it that hard to believe that happened? Just want to remind you that they changed the basic price from 29.99$ to 59.99$.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/7/15935028/ark-survival-evolved-price-increase-launch-date-pc-xbox-one-ps4

Also I understand that acknowledge moderator.

Screenshot_20190809-175931_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5554adb55838fb2b048375bfefecc4e7.jpg

12 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Not sure what you're trying to say, but the first Season Pass was for 3 maps, it even says 3 huge expansion packs. Those packs where, Scorched Earth, Aberation and Extinction.

Yeah I should have clarified, my bad. Nike was claiming that they had changed the description of the season pass from All future dlcs to only the three at some point in time. The information i posted disputes that as the information is so out of date that Aberration hadnt even been announced yet and the ywt unnamed Extinction was still due in Spring 2018. The original season pass was only ever for the three planned DLC, not all future.

Hmm 4 one cell organisms confirmed. Like rlly some ppl rlly need to read on how season passes work. The price of ARK went up bcs it went out of early access so from the beta price they went to full price after officially going out of beta. The 1st season pass clearly stated even before abberation came out that it gives u access to all 3 upcoming story DLCs that will be released for the game it said 3 and u got 3. The season pass isnt LIFETIME free DLCs for the game it wouldnt be called SEASON pass if it were for all DLCs to come. After reading all the BS ppl complainig. I wouldnt be suprised if they made ARK 2 ppl would still complain that they should get it for free too since they have season pass for basic ARK since obviously ppl think its lifetime pass to free everything that Wildcards will ever make.

4 minutes ago, AkaiWilk said:

I wouldnt be suprised if they made ARK 2 ppl would still complain that they should get it for free too since they have season pass for basic ARK since obviously ppl think its lifetime pass to free everything that Wildcards will ever make.

Yep, that is pretty much how Atlas went over with a lot of those people, and it has a completely different story/theme along with some entirely new mechanics.

11 hours ago, bashboy said:

Season pass

Does me having a season pass does not entitle me to all future content or is that just bad trade policy because every game does not do this. but ark i paid an extra 40 dollars for the season pass but i did not get your latest content which i want to play if so i would like a refund because steam has sent me to the wildcard website regarding any issues.

Just wow... Says he's entitled and wants a refund if reality turns out to be true. 

Not to mention the 3 maps you got for free with two of them having exclusive creatures. Game development isn't cheap and that's why alot of MMOs are subscription based to pay for the ever evolving game. A season pass is the cost of like 3 months in a subscription game, but you get 2 years of more content.

6 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah I should have clarified, my bad. Nike was claiming that they had changed the description of the season pass from All future dlcs to only the three at some point in time. The information i posted disputes that as the information is so out of date that Aberration hadnt even been announced yet and the ywt unnamed Extinction was still due in Spring 2018. The original season pass was only ever for the three planned DLC, not all future.

Makes sense, no idea why the moderators merged my post with this one as they where two different posts and confused me.

*shakes his old man cane* back in my day people were responsible for the choices they made in life, like purchasing a thing that is clearly advertised and complaining that they didn't investigate before spending their hard earned cash.

humor aside i've been playing since nov of 2015 and i remember when the scorched earth dlc was released and i bought it. later on they released a season pass and reduced the price by a third since i owned the dlc beforehand.  I don't remember the exact wording but i was always clear that it would be three DLCs. could have been the description, a video, or a twitter, who knows.   Also i knew it would probably not contain more than three because that would be raptoring ridiculous and naive to expect.

tldr; do not spend money without doing research or you deserve what you get.

@DeHammer

as much as you want to give your short, annoyed answer to @bashboy , he is right. ARK is one of the only games that has more than one season pass, save for EA, and EA is still one of the worst scammer game companies out there. I have a lot of games, with a lot of season passes, and WC is the only game company (except for EA, again) who is trying to get MORE money out of me. I'm a bit fed up with it at this point. ARK is now a pay to win game.

Just now, usmsFBI2015 said:

@DeHammer

as much as you want to give your short, annoyed answer to @bashboy , he is right. ARK is one of the only games that has more than one season pass, save for EA, and EA is still one of the worst scammer game companies out there. I have a lot of games, with a lot of season passes, and WC is the only game company (except for EA, again) who is trying to get MORE money out of me. I'm a bit fed up with it at this point. ARK is now a pay to win game.

games that only have one season pass do so because they do not have planned content past that pass.  When they do, they release it ala carte because they are never sure if there will be another dlc until the current one reaches whatever metric in sales allows them to keep on milling that cash cow.  ark released another season pass because they have guaranteed planned content to put in it.  I think you shouldn't spend money on things you do not believe in. They won't get the message if you keep giving them money.

1 hour ago, usmsFBI2015 said:

@DeHammer

Yeah Wildcard are so money hungry they can only manage 1 paid DLC a year. A YEAR!

15 hours ago, NikePowa said:

They changed it later. 
I bought the Season pass before the announcement of Extinction, but they gave it to me just for owning the season pass.

They just changed it later.

If I remember correctly that season pass specificly said we will get Aberration and ONE more future expansion after Abe, I forgot whether the name Extinction was already revealed or not but I think it was. Just like this Genesis season pass we will get one now and one more later. I bought it early one or two days after it's available on Steam and got 30% discount, the price today is +22.4% from what I paid. Judging from the price, it looks like the price of 2 DLCs, so I believe it was already mentioned from the get go, not changed. What's changed is, now the season pass contains THREE, including Scorched Earth.

The new season pass specificly named G.E.N.E.S.I.S Season Pass. The word Genesis was added. So It is DIFFERENT SEASON LOL :D 

If you like the game, you'll want them to release even more Expansions. Also the replayability is super high. I dont mind if they continue to release more and more as long it's still relevant. I've probably spent more money buying games to replace Ark, hoping it would give similar sandbox experience, but ended up playing them for only a couple of hours then call it quit. While my gametime in this game is 3300+ hours and still counting. I hope Genesis will be super dangerous and different like Abe. Extinction is not that good imo or maybe I haven't found what fun it offers.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:17 PM, usmsFBI2015 said:

@DeHammer

as much as you want to give your short, annoyed answer to @bashboy , he is right. 

Nope. He's wrong. As has been explained by WC, Ark is more popular than ever, thus the decision to add more dlc content in the season pass format. The previous season pass was defined, you knew roughly what you were getting, and so is the new one. 

Like I said before, don't like it? Don't buy it. But do everyone else here a favor and don't whine about it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 9:03 PM, AngrySaltire said:

Good grief, too many people seem to struggle with this concept. The dead givaway is the fact its called a 'Season Pass' and not a 'Forever Pass'. Do people not read the product description either ? Its says what the passes include.

we did read the description and when we bought it it said that it would contain ALL future DLC.

this was later silently changed to 3 dlc. so while oyu may have bought it when it said 3 dlc some of us bought it when it said all current and future dlc

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, Naeris890 said:

we did read the description and when we bought it it said that it would contain ALL future DLC.

this was later silently changed to 3 dlc. so while oyu may have bought it when it said 3 dlc some of us bought it when it said all current and future dlc

Not saying you are wrong, but I assume you bought it on Steam right? Well here's a cached store page from Archive.org dated 30th August 2017.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170830225310/http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

First of all note that the Season Pass was released 29th August 2017 so this cache page was 1 day after release.

Read the description titled "About this content".

Actually i'll quote it here too...

ABOUT THIS CONTENT

The ARK: Survival Evolved Season Pass gives you access to three huge expansion packs - Scorched Earth (available now) and two future expansions (coming in Fall 2017 and Spring 2018). Scorched Earth adds an all-new desert world along with 11 new creatures, 50+ new items and a new boss. The future expansions will unlock in your account when released and offer 300+ hours of content each including new dinosaurs, custom maps and unique mechanics.

Now I don't know if you bought it anywhere else, I believe you play on Steam, but this shows that since day 2 at least of the Season Pass release the description of the Pass has stated it was for 3 DLCs. This is because 3 DLCs was the intended development path for the game, I don't believe there were plans for a 4 or 5 DLC.

So if you saw it anywhere else then I apologise, but Steam Store has always stated it is for 3 DLCs.

24 minutes ago, GP said:

Not saying you are wrong, but I assume you bought it on Steam right? Well here's a cached store page from Archive.org dated 30th August 2017.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170830225310/http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

First of all note that the Season Pass was released 29th August 2017 so this cache page was 1 day after release.

Read the description titled "About this content".

Actually i'll quote it here too...

Now I don't know if you bought it anywhere else, I believe you play on Steam, but this shows that since day 2 at least of the Season Pass release the description of the Pass has stated it was for 3 DLCs. This is because 3 DLCs was the intended development path for the game, I don't believe there were plans for a 4 or 5 DLC.

So if you saw it anywhere else then I apologise, but Steam Store has always stated it is for 3 DLCs.

It might have been explorers edition that said it but im certain i read that as i remember that being the main reason i bought the season pass

Archived