New maps.. again?

TheLastSpartan

New maps.. again?

Great! A 12 day countdown, surely this will be exiting! It must be official server wipes or fixing their biggest underlying problem. Nope

Underwhelmed. The maps were supposed to stop after extinction and the game would get developed but no, Valguero was released and now Genesis, the latest release being 2020. A whole year of wasted effort simply to make more money. Im all for having add ons to purchase but not when it draws the attention from what actually makes the game function. Server transfers are down and have been for almost a week, you've just released an update that has a broken PvP and the plug-in to end meshing still goes under the radar, probably still undeveloped. Why are you pushing new content? 

hey my man, developing companies often have different teams working on different things and putting all the teams on one thing does not yield better results, especially in programming.  It is entirely probable they have different people in the office working on this and different people working on bug fixes and other QoL changes for the game.

I don't really know what you mean by a wasted year but you can't expect them to work for free. They have overhead costs, people to pay. once sales start dwindling for the old stuff they are going to have to put all the people who don't work on engine stuff to work doing things that continue to make money.  They are owned by a parent company as well and there is no telling what snail games requests of them.

I understand that you are upset you don't have a constant window into what everyone on their team does on a daily basis to assuage your fears that they are not working on what you want to work on.  You are going to have to trust them, or you are going to have to vote with your wallet with the new expansion and not buy it.

New content pushes are great because it allows you to "have a vote" again on what they are doing by refusing to pay them for doing things you don't want.

I know this all sounds a bit rambly but i feel like one of my everyday struggles involves explain these concepts to younger humans and they are so basic that i struggle with explaining them.  That is my failing.

49 minutes ago, TheLastSpartan said:

New maps.. again?

Great! A 12 day countdown, surely this will be exiting! It must be official server wipes or fixing their biggest underlying problem. Nope

Underwhelmed. The maps were supposed to stop after extinction and the game would get developed but no, Valguero was released and now Genesis, the latest release being 2020. A whole year of wasted effort simply to make more money. Im all for having add ons to purchase but not when it draws the attention from what actually makes the game function. Server transfers are down and have been for almost a week, you've just released an update that has a broken PvP and the plug-in to end meshing still goes under the radar, probably still undeveloped. Why are you pushing new content? 

1. Valguero was created by a modder. Wildcard had hardly nothing to do with it, and it shows. no red mushroom effects, radiation zone is absolutely pointless, and the attention to detail just isn't there. Guess that's why it was free.

2. If you had played through Extinction and saw the ending or read the explorer notes, you'd know that it wasn't the end.

3. Content creators for the most part are not involved with post-launch bug fixes. But i do agree with your sentiment that the bugfixing has been largely neglected by wildcard. The only way they'll be able to fix meshing is by updating the game engine to one of the much newer builds of Unreal Engine. They could do it since the engine is fully equipped to do so, and all the customized code can be easily backported into the updated build. A while back an Unreal Engine developer explained the process on their site. it was quite interesting if you're into that sort of thing. The reason this hasn't been done is the process of ensuring all the custom code still works in every way once updated, is a very labor intensive and expensive thing to do since its my understanding it can only be done by a game engine programmer or a graphics engine programmer who has the skillset to modify the game engine as opposed to content creators (the vast majority of devs) who build upon the engine as the foundation. Chances are wildcard doesn't even employ  an Unreal Engine programmer even part time.

4. December will be approx 1 year since the last wildcard created release for the game. They have always released new DLC on an annual basis. I'm not sure what you're so surprised about.

I want to make a point again since its so important.... FIX THE BUGS! There are countless bugs that have been around for years now. I'd also like to know whats up with DX12 and the RTX features wildcard eagerly jumped on the bandwagon in order to get free exposure. Its now time to deliver on that.

Or lemme guess..... is it...   "a little further out..." ?

Ah...I see OP is one of the 'wipe official servers!" people...which I believe they've gone on record saying will never happen. Honestly it would be nice to have a few fresh, new official servers made where everyone could start on a clean slate, and bug fixing would certainly be nice...but I'm happy with any new content and I think the new creatures look awesome. Someone also pointed out on youtube that some of the screenshots resemble places on the Island...so maybe rather than an entirely new map it'll see the original map updated lore-wise?

11 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

you are going to have to vote with your wallet with the new expansion and not buy it.

Actually i will be buying it, i just dont like how they push new content when official servers are in a crisis. Xbox transfers down, PS4 transfers down. Theres a mek apocalypse going on and has been for almost a month. Almost every tribe has dedi boxs capped of duped loot. The most broken the game has been since legacy.

First of all i want to point out that the ark pet is just a knock off of Guilty Spark from Halo, same AI companion idea. Im all for funding wildcard to improve their game but where does the money go.. to make a new cluster of maps? If the dlc read "Funding towards solving meshing" i would buy that too, even if it were 3 times the price. Atleast i know the money would go towards something productive and not some new broken-game content that will probably get exploited again.

Don't feed salty tears. Nice. Of course im going to be salty, i've been waiting almost a year to build back in the cave i normally build but i know i'd get meshed out again like i have the last 4 times. I genuinely feel ark should put 'Game Preview' back in their title because it's far from developed

I love this game man and i'd love to see it do well but all i find myself doing is reporting issues and abusive players. I would love to tell you just what has been happening that goes under the radar but apparently i can't dip into that in these forums. Wildcard are banning the offenders without working on a long term solution. These maps get waved in our faces but dont promote that anti-mesh plug in. I had to stumble on it in youtube. They are so detached to their players, its unreal. Half of these exploits could be prevented if they just played their game cause right now i can list you off 5 or 6 exploits that work right now and i don't report anymore cause they fall on deaf ears  

12 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

hey my man, developing companies often have different teams working on different things and putting all the teams on one thing does not yield better results, especially in programming.  It is entirely probable they have different people in the office working on this and different people working on bug fixes and other QoL changes for the game.

I don't really know what you mean by a wasted year but you can't expect them to work for free. They have overhead costs, people to pay. once sales start dwindling for the old stuff they are going to have to put all the people who don't work on engine stuff to work doing things that continue to make money.  They are owned by a parent company as well and there is no telling what snail games requests of them.

I understand that you are upset you don't have a constant window into what everyone on their team does on a daily basis to assuage your fears that they are not working on what you want to work on.  You are going to have to trust them, or you are going to have to vote with your wallet with the new expansion and not buy it.

New content pushes are great because it allows you to "have a vote" again on what they are doing by refusing to pay them for doing things you don't want.

I know this all sounds a bit rambly but i feel like one of my everyday struggles involves explain these concepts to younger humans and they are so basic that i struggle with explaining them.  That is my failing.

that is the problem to many different departments working on different things if thay got rid of half there stalf and just concentrate on fixing the games many bugs two things would happen 1 bugs would be fixed 2 they would make more money because more people would play the game. if thay leave new content to the modders we would have a better game just look at the s+mod it fixed the problem with building structures something that should have been fixed before release. this game is poorly coded and designed and as an ex final product tester this game would not have passed my testing in its current state. there has been a dramatic drop in the quality of games since the adoption of alpha/beta testing by the public rather than professional testers. the average gamer can not accurately assess and diagnose problems they generally only access test servers for a head start before the game is released. the only way to save this game is to fix the mentality of the companies that made it and have them realise that they have a bad name and no one will trust them or their products but that is up to them thay can continue to turn a blind eye to the many problems in this game or they can actually pool their resources and do their job properly. making a game is very easy and this game could be made by one person in about 3 months i know i could make a clone of this game using of the shelf programs(apps) in about that time and i am dyslexic so my coding is messy at the best of times. if they did their job properly there would not be the need for postes like this it is just a case of bad management putting profit over quality of the product which will just make another gaming company go bust.

Archived