Is Vulkan still being worked on?

DarkMavrik

Is Vulkan still being worked on?

Is the Vulkan and/or Direct X12 still being worked on? It was stated in 2017, here we are way later, game still runs bad on windows, Terrible on Linux. I am just curious if its still ont he table or am I wasting my prayers here? Also could we get a patch on Linux, seams there was a update and once again here we are not able to play the dam game.

For those that don't know, on Linux this game is terrible no matter what, stutters bad glitchy light bloom, missing textures, there are only 2 options availabe as of right now, we either runt he windows version of the game wich runs way better on Linux, but we loose battle eye so no battle eye servers. Or we run Game mode developed my Feral Interactive, I do the later but all that does is makes it playable for the most part. Even just Vulkan across all platforms would make this game so much better perforamnce and graphical wise.

I don't even run this game native linux anymore.  I don't know why they continue to offer a linux client if they have no plans to seriously work on it.  there is probably some sort of reprecussions if they pull it from steam or something, i dunno.

I run it with the proton distribution of wine valve developed and it runs.. well it runs crappy just like in windows which is a step ahead.  If they added vulkan support it would probably run better as most games i run with it run better than with directX on native windows.

The reason they offer a native linux client is so people can play on official servers, since BattleEye doesn't support wine.

I often get OpenGL/Vulkan downloads for Ark, so I'm assuming they are using that, but instead of using DXVK, they are just translating DX to VK then releasing a client for linux/mac. 

I might be wrong here, but I can think of no other reason it takes them so long to get the native client out.

4 minutes ago, DragonTek said:

The reason they offer a native linux client is so people can play on official servers, since BattleEye doesn't support wine.

I often get OpenGL/Vulkan downloads for Ark, so I'm assuming they are using that, but instead of using DXVK, they are just translating DX to VK then releasing a client for linux/mac. 

I might be wrong here, but I can think of no other reason it takes them so long to get the native client out.

it feels like it gets longer and longer each time.  and good explanation on the battleeye thing i didn't think of that. i just turned it off.

1 hour ago, Kaprosuchus said:

it feels like it gets longer and longer each time.  and good explanation on the battleeye thing i didn't think of that. i just turned it off.

thats the issue though, the community is doing a better job at supporting thsi game by far than the developers. Also the wine/proton way of doing it though performs drastically better battle eye si broke tell they work our how to get it working with valve

On 8/9/2019 at 11:06 PM, DarkMavrik said:

thats the issue though, the community is doing a better job at supporting thsi game by far than the developers. Also the wine/proton way of doing it though performs drastically better battle eye si broke tell they work our how to get it working with valve

That is the responsibility of BattleEye. They will never make it work on wine/proton and have said so. It is either Native Linux or we must use Windows. Unfortuantely this is happening with a lot of games. Some Anti-Cheat program is used that doesn't work under wine, and since the games don't have a native linux client, they are unplayable on Linux. (Every Epic Games game for example)

On 8/13/2019 at 8:21 AM, DragonTek said:

That is the responsibility of BattleEye. They will never make it work on wine/proton and have said so. It is either Native Linux or we must use Windows. Unfortuantely this is happening with a lot of games. Some Anti-Cheat program is used that doesn't work under wine, and since the games don't have a native linux client, they are unplayable on Linux. (Every Epic Games game for example)

Actually they stated they are workign with valve to get it workingg, mostly because Easy anticheat was bought by epic games and stated they are not continuing their relation ship with valve. You can searcha round pretty known, just gotta watch the proton github for the updates when this occurs

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 11:45 PM, DarkMavrik said:

Actually they stated they are workign with valve to get it workingg, mostly because Easy anticheat was bought by epic games and stated they are not continuing their relation ship with valve. You can searcha round pretty known, just gotta watch the proton github for the updates when this occurs

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/seems-like-theres-no-hope-for-battleye-support-within-steam-play.13747

Battleye will only support linux if the client is native. Easy Anti-Cheat, having been bought by Epic Games, will never have a linux version because Epic Games does not support any of their titles on Linux.

Archived