D3solat3Pumpkin

Missing Structures/Objects After Update 08/08/2019 Xbox

Another one with losing all my saved data levels etc after update

Came back from holiday and my both kids where eager to finally start playing Ark again. They missed it during the holiday!

Ark wanted to update which they did and after this all data was gone... back to level 1. You can imagine what this does to a few teenage kids.

Please fix this asap! 

same problem here but don't hold your breath waiting for a fix the makers of this game do not have the skills or talent needed to code a coffee vending machine. this game is a good idea poorly done and with no understanding of game design. i do love this game but i will never pay more than $10au for any expansion it just isn't worth the grief of losing everything just so thay can add a uncle sam hat. the modding community is the only reason this game is still up and running and i thank the modders for there work fixing the bugs and bad coding and can thay please make a save game mod so i don't have to start everything from scratch every update.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem. Been playing single player on Valguero (XB1) since it was released, and when I loaded it up this morning instead of spawning in where I left off last night, I was taken to the character creation screen. After restarting the game several times I spawned in as a new lvl 1 to see if my structures/tames were at least there. They weren't. To call this infuriating would be an understatement. 

It would be nice to get an acknowledgment of this problem, an apology, a fix, and finally some assurance that it won't happen again. Otherwise it's difficult to see myself putting any more time into this game. And that's a painful admission because I love Ark. But not playing it would be the lesser of two evils at this point. I mean, I'm having difficulty imagining a more devastating issue in a video game than this. Erasure? It's flabbergasting...

Wildcard wont respond. Ive been messaging devs and posting on their twitter pages and get no response. Ive seen other people bring it up to them also and so far nothing is being fixed for xbox that has to do with missing structures, items, character and so forth. They are completly ignoring the fact that they raptored up

Same here. I lost everything on the new map. 10 dragons Huge house plus other dinos all gone. Last update I lost everything on Scotched Earth. I had evry Dragon I had evr hatched there since I started the game 2 years ago. ALL GONE! I submit a ticket, they say " we cant help with your problem here is the link for cheat codes". This is is unacceptable at the highest level. I dont want to quit this game. But IM DONE.

HELP! my SP world is missing after the update

I went on vacation a few days ago and before i left I downloaded the new update for ark on my XBOX ONE. I just got back and tried to go onto my world, the file icon is shown next to Valguero (which is the map i was using) but when i go into the map its making me create a new survivor?? my base is no longer there and none of the beds are on the map? I've had many issues with the game crashing and i would lose a couple hours of progress at most but its never fully disappeared? does anyone have a solution? 

Posted (edited)

Help! Valguero erased!!

Currently playing on singleplayer in xbox, a week or so ago ark had an update, So I updated it, only to have both mine and my friends singleplayer data on valguero gone. We still had our survivors that we could respawn* with, but everything else, including my tames, buildings, and items were gone. I wasn't too bothered because I'm not too emotional or whatever you would call it towards this, I was planning to restart it anyway. I really just didn't care that much.

So I made some really good progress in the past 2-3 days on valguero, i had a nice base, decent tames and had just gotten to around fabricator level, and as I was opening ark to play, it said it needed an update. The update was fairly quick and only took about a minute. I opened ark again and got into my valguero, only to be taken to the death screen, only this time with my OLD character from before it got reset.

So I spawn in and I spawn in creative mode for some reason? I spawned a Griffin and checked where my base places were from both before and after it was wiped, and the buildings were gone. All of the tribe logs from before valguero was wiped for the first time are there, but there is nothing physically there, like when it showed my deinonychus I claimed but there is no actual deinonychus. Is there a way to fix this? 

I miss my stuff :(

Edited by FantasyDragon0
Autocorrect is trash

Posted (edited)

Ugh... I'm curious what will happen to my game. After the 22gb update that erased my lvl 115 character and Valguero map, I went back to the Island map and created a new character and cheat gave all the structures and dinos to my new character (which I've since leveled to 95).

I'm curious if my old character will be back now. I'll find out later after work I guess.

Edited by Rintrahhh

Now I know virtually nothing about tech and how games work and stuff, but my guess is wildcard released an update that, well, accidentally deleted everyone's sp valguero saves, and attempted to fix the problem with a new update, but it's almost impossible to get that kind of data back, like structure placement and tames and their stats... I hope they have something to comment on this.... but knowing wildcard, probably not. 

Through all my struggles with the game I still continue to play and genuinely enjoy it, even though I'm always alone on singleplayer. :'(. I don't think wildcard is bad, nor do I think wildcard is amazing, but sometimes I just wished they would take a moment to address different already existing issues.

Honestly don't know why I'm dumb enough to keep coming back to ark. If you couldn't run a private server and spawn back in all the poop you lose every single time they update the game I probably wouldn't. The thing that sucks is that I spend all my time rebuilding poop and never actually get to enjoy the game. I have probably played about 8000 hours since release on pc, only game I've ever liked enough to own on every platform. The Valguero update has been the worst ever. I build base. They update. Everything gone. Build new base. They update. Everything gone and it has been rinsed and repeated since Val dropped. I think this may be what gets me to stop playing. Plus wildcard has worse customer response and regulations than at&t. Game devs need to raptoring learn about accountability and integrity. A game that has been out this long should not run so horribly. raptor wildcard. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Honestly don't know why I'm dumb enough to keep coming back to ark. If you couldn't run a private server and spawn back in all the poop you lose every single time they update the game I probably wouldn't. The thing that sucks is that I spend all my time rebuilding poop and never actually get to enjoy the game. I have probably played about 8000 hours since release on pc, only game I've ever liked enough to own on every platform. The Valguero update has been the worst ever. I build base. They update. Everything gone. Build new base. They update. Everything gone and it has been rinsed and repeated since Val dropped. I think this may be what gets me to stop playing. Plus wildcard has worse customer response and customer service than at&t. Game devs need to f#@king learn about accountability and integrity. A game that has been out this long should not run so horribly. F#@k wildcard. Pretty pissed about this. 

Edited by thaRealTedward

The same thing happened to me but slightly different. Since that 22gb update my all my Valguero stuff was deleted, which to be honest I was fine with. I made a new world, built a better base, had better resources, and spent at least 20 hours on this new world within the first few days. Today I get on, gives me my old crap. My old bad base, my old stuff, and I’m kinda annoyed. I want my other world back god damit.