The same thing happened to me I’ve done everything semi legit on this character beaten all the bosses am 135 max level I’ve even breed and mutated hundreds of creatures just to have it all taken away in one update it’s just so frustrating they need to fix this and give us our stuff back ASAP this is ridiculous I was almost done breeding my super furry raptors  

Same here. I quit playing Valguero and turned off my Xbox for about an hour. When I logged back on Ark, I saw that Ark updated and showed the option to pre order Genesis. I logged into my single player valguero world and the character creation screen popped up. I know I didn’t clear any single player data. I don’t want to create a new character because it might delete the save I already have. Does anyone know how to restore single player data on the Xbox? All the other maps still have my single player data and I am only having this problem with Valguero.

Me too everything gone on valguero only on both mine and my son's account  I can't describe how it feels looking at that create a new character screen really puts you of playing it my son had just gone back to playing but now nope . It's a brill game but pity the Devs don't feel the same as us and actually fix it it's all about the money 

Posted (edited)

The same exact thing happened to me. I was building this huge castle next to the river for the last 2 weeks and had transferred a lot of my high level creatures over and now it’s all gone. Awesome. Thanks so much Wildcard. I was getting back into the game after taking a break for a few months but now I’m just honestly done. What’s the point of spending the time to build back up when all of your work can be wiped away in a single update by a developer who obviously doesn’t care? I play single player offline mostly to avoid all of these server issues I’m constantly hearing about, but apparently that’s not even safe. It took me a long time to get on the “Wildcard sucks” bandwagon but I’m there. I guess it was fun while it lasted.

Edited by ZachC

What is there to say really.. I’m so happy that I gave up on SP after loosing 2 perfect Rex breeds, because my game crashed after making a lave golem run and it deleted 2-3 hours of progress.. you ain’t safe from getting wildcarded anywhere in this game. But hey! I can snipe turrets with my longneck  without getting hit by anything because of the range difference lmao.

Map reset

So I have been playing ark for almost 3 years now and I have never had this issue until extinction was released. Everytime I log into the server it seems to reset my map as if I never explored the map at all. It effects my pins as well everytime I place a pin on the map it stays there for the duration of my time on the server until I log off or transfer servers. So is wildcard aware of this issue and are they working on a patch to fix this? I know it is a minor issue but it is still a nuisance.

So my buddy and I restarted after the update that deleted everything a few days ago well we log in today and there is another update we download that to find all our old stuff back but now weve lost our last 5 days of work in which weve done WAY more than we originally lost. Tha is ark you f****d us twice