Why this expensive?

ZANEEEEEE

7 hours ago, ZANEEEEEE said:

Yeah so, you shouldnt do a reveal trailer and put it for sale, what if the dlc is crap. You will have wasted 30€ in an extensión you Dont even like. Thats what i mean bruh. Dont be so agressive its just a post.

Its just like preordering. No1 forces any1 into buying it. You can simply ignore it until more is revealed but there are ppl that simply enjoyed ark enough that are wiling to support them by buying the DLC/Seasson pass regardless if it will be good or bad right now. Even if they put up purely Skins DLC for few € i would buy it just bcs i sank thousands of hour into the game and i think they deserve it. Ofc there are things that might have needed to be fixed before new content and some of their decission are questionable but still i think they doing great job. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ZANEEEEEE said:

Yeah so, you shouldnt do a reveal trailer and put it for sale, what if the dlc is crap. You will have wasted 30€ in an extensión you Dont even like. Thats what i mean bruh. Dont be so agressive its just a post.

Good grief, if you don't want to buy it now because you don't get to see the whole thing, then DON'T BUY IT. You can always wait and buy it after more info is revealed. But don't try to tell other people what to do. If I want to buy the DLC after seeing the initial teaser, I'm a big boy wearing my big boy pants, and that's my business; not yours.

So stop trying to tell WC and other players what to do. 

• Volunteer Moderator
16 hours ago, ZANEEEEEE said:

Again with the agressive/offended like responses im talking about the reveal trailer, if they do a reveal trailer Dont put it for sale if no one knows what the creatures are or the content its simple to understand geez :/

Do you pay to go to the cinema after seeing a trailer for a movie?

Do you pay for a holiday before visiting the country?

Have you ever pre-bought a game where you know 100% of the content before it is released?

Generally what's happened here is no different from anything else that goes on pre-sale. Lets not make a fuss. If you want to wait until you find out exactly what is going to be in it, then hold off buying it until you know for sure, then make a decision. No-one is being forced to buy it now.

5 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Good grief, if you don't want to buy it now because you don't get to see the whole thing, then DON'T BUY IT. You can always wait and buy it after more info is revealed. But don't try to tell other people what to do. If I want to buy the DLC after seeing the initial teaser, I'm a big boy wearing my big boy pants, and that's my business; not yours.

So stop trying to tell WC and other players what to do. 

Well I bought it  even before I saw trailer.  If they charge double from price I will pay, what can I say I m hooked. 

On 8/9/2019 at 2:13 AM, ZANEEEEEE said:

OOOOKAY... Looks like many people have been “offended “ by this post, I’m complaining about being able to buy a dlc that has no confirmed information whatsoever. That’s what I’m talking about. I’m sorry if my explanation was unclear or hard to understand. But I’m complaining about the showed content, and the player being able to buy it. :/

But, I hope time will give you all the reason.

btw of course I will buy this dlc but I’m just not happy with the content that has been anounced. But for the content that’s released I think it’s expensive.

Have a nice day y’all. :)

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c73ea714251927004d

;)

Jeez, i know this is a video game forum with some younger members but damn, $35 isn't that much money. I spend more than that to take my wife and kid out... For lunch!

Now if i can find a way to keep my family entertained for thousands of hours for the 100 some odd dollars that the game and all DLC cost I would have it made.

Lets say all the employees at WC make 40k a year(some will make much more if they are skilled) and have 50 employees. If they take a year to make both DLCs they already have the payroll cost of $2,000,000. That is before all other expenses like advertising, studio rent, computers and equipment, tax etc. 

It is what it is. They can't pay their bills and employees with steam reviews and free modded maps. And those maps we get for free, they cost money too with server rentals and the in-house team having to put their hands on it to make sure its good enough to put on the official network.

Moral of my rant is businesses HAVE to make a return on their investment.

1 hour ago, ishootpaint said:

Jeez, i know this is a video game forum with some younger members but damn, $35 isn't that much money. I spend more than that to take my wife and kid out... For lunch!

Now if i can find a way to keep my family entertained for thousands of hours for the 100 some odd dollars that the game and all DLC cost I would have it made.

Lets say all the employees at WC make 40k a year(some will make much more if they are skilled) and have 50 employees. If they take a year to make both DLCs they already have the payroll cost of $2,000,000. That is before all other expenses like advertising, studio rent, computers and equipment, tax etc. 

It is what it is. They can't pay their bills and employees with steam reviews and free modded maps. And those maps we get for free, they cost money too with server rentals and the in-house team having to put their hands on it to make sure its good enough to put on the official network.

Absolutely TOO many people share the mindset that they are entitled to free repair on their cars, free content, free this because they exist.

I one hundred and seventy six (and a half) percent agree, and I don't understand the "everything needs to be handed to me" sense of entitlement that folks have these days.

Well said @ishootpaint (coming from a small business owner and dealing with that on a daily basis)

So, you got the base game before it released, but complaining about the teaser where they announced that another 2 maps and at least a few creatures, missions, is not enough for the cost?  Buying the base game when it was still in development is different...how???  Genuinely confused here, not trying to be mean.

On 8/13/2019 at 4:04 PM, ishootpaint said:

I went to this new place for lunch with family last week, and I bought for everyone.  Ended up spending $60 bucks for the 4 of us, because the place came highly recommended.  I am not a picky eater...  While it was mostly decent food, their best selections according to the table were bowls that were basically the equivalent of a Chipotle/Qdoba burrito bowl (rice, chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, a sauce).  I got braised lamb because their "Mediterranean" fare has gotten a lot of praise, and the friggin' sauce they put on the dish wrecked the whole thing.  One of my family members got this lamb meatball dish.  The lamb meatballs smelled like a dirty sink, and had an aftertaste reminiscent of the run-off from washing my grandma's '83 Buick (the taste was no better than the smell).  It's like...  Who gives a crap about spending $15+ a plate on commonly available food because the menu-items that set you apart are unremarkable?  I could go to Qdoba and spend $8 on a burrito, know exactly what I'm getting, and be satisfied.  I've had lamb, and this was just bad lamb.  Mediterranean my ass...

OK, food rant over:  I wish I would've spent that money on a season pass and a 30-pack of beer.  I don't need to see more content from Genesis to know I'll play it, and it will be enjoyable.  After 8000 hours since 2015, this game is my number-one all-time top time-played game (which is likely the case for most of us).  You triggered me with the lunch thing, hahaha!

4 hours ago, WitchesTwex said:

Honestly, I'd pay that much just for the chance to dance around with the Genesis blades, I see all the other content as being a bonus! 

It's a cool idea, and I'm excited about it, but foot-combat on ARK is pretty darn tough.  My main issue with it is wild dino knockback-scaling...  Sometimes it is hard to stay in melee range because if anything hits you, you go sailing through the air as if they are kicking a soccer ball.  As a singular example, the Purlovia:  It knocks Rex-sized dinos back as if they are filled with air.  On foot, it is really bad.

@ZANEEEEEE here clearly isn’t aware of the reality of what goes into making entertainment, specifically video game development. A huge business strategy is to utilize hype to further fund ongoing projects, hence the advent of the pre-order. Some content does or doesn’t make it into games based on pre-order sales. The extra inflow of cash may allow them to include content outside of the original budget or new ideas that spring up during development. It also doubles as an extra courtesy of rewarding the loyalty of their customer base by giving exclusive or early access content.

The real world does revolve around you or your opinion. Standard business practices in the gaming industry exist, regardless of whether you pick up on them or not. Besides, it’s not like the game will lock and be unplayable if you don’t buy it right now... although in your case, I’d say you deserve that scenario for acting like that’s what’s happening ???

Absolutely NO ONE reveals all their content at announcement to avoid PEOPLE LIKE YOU (possibly an entitled whiner) from throwing temper tantrums if some content ends up getting cut or changed by final release.

Gaming is a hobby and a luxury, and if you’re really complaining about something like this you should probably cut back on gaming and do a little more WORK so we don’t have to hear about whatever it is you’ll be whining about next.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:17 PM, ZANEEEEEE said:

Why this expensive?

I am really trying to understand why the Genesis DLC is 30€, its just not enough content for it being so expensive, Scorched Earth added 10 new creatures and 1 new map, extinction added 12 creatures and all the corrupt and enraged creatures and a map, Aberration added 16 new creatures and all the aberrant ones plus a map, and Valguero added 3 new creatures and an incredible map and its FREE. So please explain me why a DLC with three creatures and two maps (i think) is 30€.

It just dosen't cost that much, and dont come at me with the "you're just new and you dont know how this works" or "this is an incredible DLC and its a normal price" becouse i've been playing ARK Survival Evolved since October 2016 and have 2769 hours and I love the game.

It just dosen't seem right to pay 30€ for 3 new creatures and a skin. So please if any dev is reading this, think about what im saying.

Have a nice day.

scorched earth 1 DLC 20$, abberation 1 DLC 20$, extinction 1 DLC 20$, Valguero - Player created map turned Free DLC (in otherwords, officially supported player content).

Genesis - 2 DLC, and a unique interactive skin.

The content that will be coming with Genesis has not yet been fully exposed, in fact you've only seen a few of the things that will be coming with the first DLC that comes out in december.  you know of a piece of it, not the full package, as one of the moderators put it, your basically assuming a movie trailer is going to show you the full movie. 

So, with basic math, your saving 5$ buying the season pass.

However if you feel its not worth it, its really simple, don't buy it.

Wait till the individual DLC's are released, and instead of buying the season pass buy the individual DLC for 20$ at that time, If you feel its worth it once it is released.

Spending the money, really, the choice is yours, you either will, or you won't.  no one is forcing you to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 6:55 PM, ZANEEEEEE said:

On 8/8/2019 at 6:59 PM, ZANEEEEEE said:

Again with the agressive/offended like responses im talking about the reveal trailer, if they do a reveal trailer Dont put it for sale if no one knows what the creatures are or the content its simple to understand geez :/

if you don't like what you see, you don't have to buy it. wait for more information and then make you decision. But for the people who know there gonna like it, they can preorder and get the HNL-A early.

On 8/8/2019 at 7:13 PM, ZANEEEEEE said:

btw of course I will buy this dlc but I’m just not happy with the content that has been anounced. But for the content that’s released I think it’s expensive.

don't worry about there not being enough content, think about all the creatures shown in the extinction reveal trailer, compared to how many we actually got.

But the reason everyone was being so "aggressive" was because you where coming of as a bit of a fool for thinking that the reveal trailer was showcasing all of the content for the $30

On 8/8/2019 at 8:26 PM, AkaiWilk said:

Try to think urself what ur typing here. They just showed small part of whats in the 1st DLC . Its REVEAL trailer not the trailer of finished DLC and its 1st of 2 included in the 

im outraged that even the people who bought season pass have to buy yet ANOTHER dlc even tho we were originally PROMISED all future maps

On 9/6/2019 at 4:04 PM, GeneralCuster said:

Baaaaah...thx to God I didnt buy Seeson pass before this transfer chaos...and I never  gona buy it now. They just take money for half finished games, same by all DLC-s

I bought it last year and won't even play the maps rag and val are better I played SE but not for long and originally it promised all future maps but that turned out to just be another broken promise by wildcard

On 9/2/2019 at 1:04 AM, HippyHippo4 said:

Even on the trailer it is said that there is 2 parts to Genesis so there is possibly 2 maps but guaranteed more than 3 creatures (plus the pet). I'm with Wildcard on the price because don't forget this game is the primary income for many families so don't expect a full season pass to be $5.

Yea but the season pass originally said that it would contain all future maps so everyone has a reason to be outraged

Archived