Why this expensive?

ZANEEEEEE

Why this expensive?

I am really trying to understand why the Genesis DLC is 30€, its just not enough content for it being so expensive, Scorched Earth added 10 new creatures and 1 new map, extinction added 12 creatures and all the corrupt and enraged creatures and a map, Aberration added 16 new creatures and all the aberrant ones plus a map, and Valguero added 3 new creatures and an incredible map and its FREE. So please explain me why a DLC with three creatures and two maps (i think) is 30€.

It just dosen't cost that much, and dont come at me with the "you're just new and you dont know how this works" or "this is an incredible DLC and its a normal price" becouse i've been playing ARK Survival Evolved since October 2016 and have 2769 hours and I love the game.

It just dosen't seem right to pay 30€ for 3 new creatures and a skin. So please if any dev is reading this, think about what im saying.

Have a nice day.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so as far as I can tell this is far from the full extent of content in Genesis. More creatures will probably be revealed in torn dossiers as we get closer to release.

Plus, this is the season pass price. Each of the two halves of Genesis will probably be a little bit smaller than a normal DLC, but still come with lots of content, as they’re slightly cheaper than regular DLCs. Genesis as a whole may have DOUBLE the content of a regular DLC for map size and creature diversity. I would suggest waiting to buy to see more of it (I’m doing so meself) but I think the price is really reasonable. 

I disagree but that's my pov. As games get better or expand games go up in price so what they are asking really isnt that much considering every game I buy my other half is a collector's edition it's about £60-£90 even above depending on what he's after.

We then have to find room for all the collector's stuff to go with it. Buying from the store for a game pass much easier for me. Less stuff to find room for.

I've been playing ark since late 2016 early 2017 can't remember exactly when to be honest got married, mum passed away suffered with depression was a big blur.. 

I don't mind the cost for a game I can play. I see people comment why they don't feel it's valued as it is but I don't personally think it's too much. 

They showcased 3 creatures. They didn't say, that's it. 

They left a lot of info out there. Just hinted at stuff. Multi biomes, new mission oriented game play, showed a few new creatures, but really didn't divulge a lot of info.

If they didn't show enough for you, then don't buy it until they do. All you're missing out on is a "creature" that voices your emotes and provides light. 

43 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

Bah. Already tired of all the whining. The cheapskates just need to mow more lawns. 

The game is incredible value for the $$$.

It is amazing how many people just want to b*tch and moan.

I have purchased 5 other PS4 games since I first bought ARK.  The COMBINED time spent on those other games is what I normally spend in 2 two weeks on ARK.

$100's of dollars in other games that I played thru once, and have no desire to go back to.

Yet I keep coming back to ARK.  I wish other things I enjoyed provided such an amazing Entertainment value : Investment ratio.  

Pre purchased done. I rarely pre purchase games, however ark game me so many hours and years of enjoyment that I'm sure it a solid investment.  Honestly 50$ not the end of the world, most games on PS4 is way over 100$. I know its just a season pass, but IMO as long as WC invest in it, I'll be investing in them. Hell just the money alone that I've spent on Nitrado for my server... I'm still hooked ;)

Regards,

PSN: Moose_Cdn

Server: BadaBing

Seriously dude, what did you expect? That they would showcase the entire dlcs in the announcement trailer?

There will be at around 10 new creatures at launch for both the dlcs. That means ca 20 new creatures, new mechanics and 2 full new maps. for 30 Euro. 100s and again 100s of hours of playtime. If thats not cheap I dont know what is.

3 hours ago, AkaiWilk said:

Try to think urself what ur typing here. They just showed small part of whats in the 1st DLC . Its REVEAL trailer not the trailer of finished DLC and its 1st of 2 included in the price...

Yeah so, you shouldnt do a reveal trailer and put it for sale, what if the dlc is crap. You will have wasted 30€ in an extensión you Dont even like. Thats what i mean bruh. Dont be so agressive its just a post.

9 minutes ago, Allanballan said:

Seriously dude, what did you expect? That they would showcase the entire dlcs in the announcement trailer?

There will be at around 10 new creatures at launch for both the dlcs. That means ca 20 new creatures, new mechanics and 2 full new maps. for 30 Euro. 100s and again 100s of hours of playtime. If thats not cheap I dont know what is.

Again with the agressive/offended like responses im talking about the reveal trailer, if they do a reveal trailer Dont put it for sale if no one knows what the creatures are or the content its simple to understand geez :/

OOOOKAY... Looks like many people have been “offended “ by this post, I’m complaining about being able to buy a dlc that has no confirmed information whatsoever. That’s what I’m talking about. I’m sorry if my explanation was unclear or hard to understand. But I’m complaining about the showed content, and the player being able to buy it. :/

But, I hope time will give you all the reason.

btw of course I will buy this dlc but I’m just not happy with the content that has been anounced. But for the content that’s released I think it’s expensive.

Have a nice day y’all. :)

Just now, ZANEEEEEE said:

OOOOKAY... Looks like many people have been “offended “ by this post, I’m complaining about being able to buy a dlc that has no confirmed information whatsoever. That’s what I’m talking about. I’m sorry if my explanation was unclear or hard to understand. But I’m complaining about the showed content, and the player being able to buy it. :/

But, I hope time will give you all the reason.

btw of course I will buy this dlc but I’m just not happy with the content that has been anounced. But for the content that’s released I think it’s expensive.

Have a nice day y’all. :)

Theres certainly more content to come, they never reveal everything in the first trailer. The extinction trailer revealed only 3 creatures as well

honestly i like the look of the map, and i would love to play it but honestly knowing wildcard, it will be a half done job and in their minds another money grab, i am all fine with making new ways to get money, but at least make them worth while to pay for, also in about 2 months after the release of the first part it will be abandoned by wildcard, then when second part comes out it too will eventually be abondoned, i am not being negative, i am just sayin it is wildcard here, and we all knwo what they are like. anyway i love the sea lookin thing, although honestly i can see people having them filled with turrets and scattered around the ocean, also love the jerboa lookin thing. alot of people were saying it has hands for knee caps, obvs it has four arms and two are just above the legs, also does anyone thing the jeboa looking thing could have like a special ability were it rages and turns into the werewolf thing. love the fire titan thing, "i am gonna call it a titan for reasons". anyway i will be suprised if wildcard actually change their act and this is the first step of it.

Archived