Issue with cryofride/cryopods?

IceBabe

Issue with cryofride/cryopods?

Hello,

I have a question about the cryofridges/cryopods. I play on legacy servers PVE and this weekend the electrical cables ran out of timer (my internet provider had a problem after thunderstorm). So all ok for that. I thought the cryopods will last 30 days in inventory or without storing in fridge or cryofridge. Then I came online (about 12 - 15 hours in delay) in one cryofridge all dinos were dead, in 2 cryofridges the timer was set on 7 days and in one cryofridge the timer was on 21 days. So how can that be? All are on the same electrical cables...

At the other server all dinos in the cryopods in cryofridges were dead.

Someone else had this problems? Or is this especially on legacy servers to upset people and stop playing?

In the past on one server we lost all dinos in one cryofridge.. so it was not the first issue with that. And that is really annoying.

Are you sure your cryopods were fully charged, they have 30 days when they are fully charged. it could be that your cryopods were like 16 hours and charging and when the power turned off on both so thats why they were dead. You need to use freshly made cryopods who arent exposed to anything else then powered cryofridges if u want them to be working 30 days without power.

I remember reading somewhere that when power is lost on a Cryofridge, the start time for the Cryopod spoil timers is the last time the Cryofridge was opened. In other words, if the Cryofridge was last accessed a month ago and it loses power, all the Cryopods are immediately expired.

I don't know if this is a true statement but it has conditioned me to open the fridge each time I go by.

26 minutes ago, bsmorgan said:

I remember reading somewhere that when power is lost on a Cryofridge, the start time for the Cryopod spoil timers is the last time the Cryofridge was opened. In other words, if the Cryofridge was last accessed a month ago and it loses power, all the Cryopods are immediately expired.

I don't know if this is a true statement but it has conditioned me to open the fridge each time I go by.

This is correct I believe. So the solutions would be to either open your fridges often, or if the power goes out do NOT open the cryofridges until you get the power going again.

1 hour ago, bsmorgan said:

WOW!  I was not aware of this. I have hundreds of cryo'd dinos as I breed for color mutations. and I have cryo fridges I rarely go into, after I get that mutation I wanted. I figured since I would be fine, since I log on nearly every day.  But now I will need to make sure to access my fridges on a regular basis.

3 hours ago, bsmorgan said:

2 hours ago, Piffguru said:

This is correct I believe. So the solutions would be to either open your fridges often, or if the power goes out do NOT open the cryofridges until you get the power going again.

I have experienced this. If your cryofridge ran out DO NOT OPEN IT - instead turn power on FIRSTand when you open it your tames will be fine :)

I have had this bug before and the last opened time makes since. All fridges were on the same circuit and power went out for a few hours. My tribemates personal fridge hadn't been opened in some time as he hadn't been around for a while and all his dinos in cryo died. All other fridges(I open each one atleast once every few days) were fine and at most the pods were down to 26 days.

24 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I have experienced this. If your cryofridge ran out DO NOT OPEN IT - instead turn power on FIRSTand when you open it your tames will be fine :)

Thank You for this info, ill pass it around to my tribe. Sadly Ricky opened his fridge when he noticed power was out before turning our grid back on. RIP lots of his imprinted gigas, wyvs etc.

33 minutes ago, ishootpaint said:

Common man, sometimes you gotta let guybons be guybons.

16 hours ago, d1nk said:

It's not Rocket appliances, Aushegun.

Sorry guys, its just that Ricky gets me so mad sometimes with his shenanigans.

I need to just relax and listen to my favorite songs ... hmmm should i pick Jimmy Hendrix " Excuse me, while I kiss this guy"

or Elton John "Hold me closer, Tony Danza"

decisions decision.

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

Sorry guys, its just that Ricky gets me so mad sometimes with his shenanigans.

I need to just relax and listen to my favorite songs ... hmmm should i pick Jimmy Hendrix " Excuse me, while I kiss this guy"

or Elton John "Hold me closer, Tony Danza"

decisions decision.

Hello Ricky, Bubbs, Sexy Julian

Archived