Make Single Player Easier for a Single Player, Please

GregoPeck

Suggestion

Make Single Player Easier for a Single Player, Please

I've played Single Player most of my time with this game. Unfortunately, there are some things I cannot do alone, especially boss fights. Anyway you could possibly make it more reasonable for a single person to do? The Broodmother/Spider Queen is pretty much the only boss that's doable with some tames, but everything else is nearly impossible w/out using "cheats." Even just getting into the Volcano to meet up with the Overseer is pretty much impossible. All other boss fights are pretty much impossible as well, this also includes the titans on Extinction.

Taming a Quetzal isn't easy to do alone, but it's doable, especially if you try to tame a very low level one and use the parachute method. I've done it. The second Quetz is much easier to get than the first, for obvious reasons. The Tapejar is also difficult to do alone as it runs away really fast. It's also hard to outrun Wyverns with an Argy, like I used to be able to do on Scorched Earth, but then flyers got buffed and you can no longer increase their movement speed w/out a mod. I can't think of much else right now, pretty much anything else is made easier with a mod (like taming).

Thanks! I love Ark!

9 replies to this server topic

55 minutes ago, GregoPeck said:

The flying bosses seem to be more difficult. It's especially difficult since you can only bring an Argy, Quetz, or Wyvern into the Manticore arena, but not others. Those creatures would be helpful against the Dragon. This is particularly difficult on Valgeuro, where you have to fight three bosses at the same time, the MegaP, Dragon, and Manticore. 

You can try bringing woolly rhinos along, so while the bosses are flying around you can build your charge and get some heavy damage in when they decide to land. Being an herbivore is helpful due to fire resistance and cakes as well. Additionally deinonychus can latch onto certain bosses, notably the manticore. The bleed will do good damage, just make sure you have good armor/health as it will likely hit you.

I've never fought rockwell on single player, teamwork is pretty important with him. Try gunning down his tentacles with a good pump action shotgun (ride a rock drake) and have your megalos/spinos at the front ready to pounce when his tentacles are down

1 hour ago, GregoPeck said:

I'm aware of that and I use it. I was probably using it when I attempted the bosses I mentioned.

The game is supposed to be challenging. The bosses in singleplayer mode (with singleplayer settings) are ridiculously, mind numbingly easy. What dinos are you bringing in? The game needs to be harder, not easier. 

15 hours ago, Thyme said:

Rexes are probably your best bet when fighting bosses. Bringing a yutyranus along will help a ton. Other dinos can work for specific fights like sloths for broodmother and therizinos for dragon. On singleplayer rates it shouldn't be too hard to breed an army

I have a saved game, which contains my army of Rexes. I don't think I tried to take them all into the volcano. I have some Yuties, but I don't think I ever used them in a boss fight.

17 minutes ago, Appnea said:

For non-singleplayer, I usually have a daedon and a yuty. Maybe a few allo. Mostly rex. For broodmother, megatherium work well instead of rex. Depends. :) 

This is a great suggestion! Honestly, I don't think I tried that kind of army for boss fights, so I should give them another try. I thought a Giga would pretty much be one of the best things to bring along, but it seems they cannot enter the arenas. The flying bosses seem to be more difficult. It's especially difficult since you can only bring an Argy, Quetz, or Wyvern into the Manticore arena, but not others. Those creatures would be helpful against the Dragon. This is particularly difficult on Valgeuro, where you have to fight three bosses at the same time, the MegaP, Dragon, and Manticore. The Aberration boss battle is difficult, too. Not only do you have to hurt the boss, and kill the spawning Nameless,  you also have to shoot these orbs that are coming at you, so you don't get hit by them. Both, these orbs and the Manticore's poison attack, really hurt and destroy armor very easily.

2 hours ago, GregoPeck said:

I don't know, it's been a while. What would you recommend?

Rexes are probably your best bet when fighting bosses. Bringing a yutyranus along will help a ton. Other dinos can work for specific fights like sloths for broodmother and therizinos for dragon. On singleplayer rates it shouldn't be too hard to breed an army

1 hour ago, Thyme said:

You can try bringing woolly rhinos along, so while the bosses are flying around you can build your charge and get some heavy damage in when they decide to land. Being an herbivore is helpful due to fire resistance and cakes as well. Additionally deinonychus can latch onto certain bosses, notably the manticore. The bleed will do good damage, just make sure you have good armor/health as it will likely hit you.

I've never fought rockwell on single player, teamwork is pretty important with him. Try gunning down his tentacles with a good pump action shotgun (ride a rock drake) and have your megalos/spinos at the front ready to pounce when his tentacles are down

Thanks! I really appreciate this!

Archived