What happened to being auto-kicked for inactivity?

AndrewLB

What happened to being auto-kicked for inactivity?

I'm a bit confused here. Over the past year, I've had a few times where due to lack of sleep since raising things such as gigas is total cancer, nodded off while playing ark. Almost every time i wake up to the title screen music and it says i was kicked due to inactivity, and every time i login and find myself dead and my gear already decayed and all the babies i was raising.... dead. Not to mention recently having a cryopod on me with my favorite drake... *sigh*

There was a time where i could have sworn the kick system would kick you simply for inactivity, specifically for not moving your mouse or hitting a key for X amount of time. I know this to be the case because i remember some people who did a lot of breeding and would be afk for extended periods would use a type of macro in order to stay on the server.

I usually keep up with ark news fairly well but i cannot remember ever hearing about a change to the way the kick system worked. You may wonder why now am i asking this. Well earlier today i had something come up and left ark running while laying on the floor of my base and completely forgot i had the game running. I just walked in the door, 9 hours later (according to battlemetrics) and figured the game would have kicked me due to inactivity.... nope. Still laying there. Water at 38/100 and food almost full to my surprise. not sure how that happened but i was wearing full hazard and was laying by 25 air cons.

So essentially, the game will kick you if you die and are  inactive (making recovery of gear and/or dino difficult at best if you were traveling and nodded off), but if you're just laying there in your base taking up a slot on the server... you don't get kicked?

IMO it would be nice if Wildcard would bring back the "if you don't touch your mouse or keyboard for 30 minutes, you get punted" system.

1 hour ago, Jemcrystal said:

I absolutely hate auto kick in every mmo I have played because it is BEYOND THE COMPREHENSION OF ALL DEVS IN ANY KNOWN UNIVERSE TO MAKE AUTO KICK AFTER A COMPLETE HOUR HAS TRANSPIRED.  Why do they think it must always be 15 BeLoVeD MiNuTeS!

No one can poop in 15 minutes or less.     N O   O N E

Fairly certain its longer than 15 mins. Thats the upload timer. People AFK by transmitter longer than that regularly.

Archived