Ark Genesis is coming

mackyish3r3

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Give me everything for free, and give me my damn participation trophy too!  

- signed a generation of gamers under 30 years old.

r/gatekeeping is leaking. 

I'm over 30. Season passes are bullpoop. 

Probably an unpopular opinion in this day and age but Ark and it's 3 DLCs should have been the entire base game. Paying $50 or whatever it is for a few maps is just silly. The playerbase is fully capable of creating new maps for free in their spare time. Yet Wildcard wants to charge for lesser quality maps that are bug ridden? That's a laugh. 

Had they set down during the beta and actually completed their game I guess paying $5-$10 each for the DLC maps would be fine. But they didn't. Instead they ignored player feedback and continued to pile on more issues on top of the ones already there. Need I remind you Scorched Earth still doesn't have an end cutscene? 

$50 for Ark and $50 for a few maps for the game you already paid for. Does that not seem at all wrong to you? $50 for Ark (if it actually worked) is understandable. It's the game itself. That's where all the work went. Making a map can be done by a single person as the Steam Workshop clearly proves. 

A second season pass, or any more DLC for that matter, is just another slap in the fanbase's face. People want the game to work. The people that paid to be beta testers want this game to work. People have given Wildcard solutions and fixes and yet they continue to ignore them. 

Wow, Wildcard. I was really expecting more from this countdown. All we get is a reveal, and a 47 dollar DLC season pass thrown in our face, why does the season pass have to be released now when the only thing is one silly cosmetic item? What happened to the surprises? What about some of the bugs in game that need to be fixed across all platforms? I don't really understand where this is all going, ever since the HOD drama I haven't wanted to play Ark and since some of the bugs that hit the game in the summer this year, I haven't wanted to play either, while this is maybe making me anticipate the future a bit, we REALLY need you guys to focus on the polishing of your game before you even think about releasing more DLC.

38 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

This new DLC looks very PVE. Also that giant turtle thing looks ridiculous. This game needs balance and less OP big stuff. Won't be buying.

It probably is more PvE since they said they will have mission oriented content.

I'm sure the new dino's will find a use in PvP and you have the new melee weaponary but their biggest player base is PvE so it makes sense to create something directed towards them.

This is probably a fraction of what will finally be released though so who knows how it will actually play out.

5 minutes ago, Level4Gaming said:

Wow, Wildcard. I was really expecting more from this countdown. All we get is a reveal, and a 47 dollar DLC season pass thrown in our face, why does the season pass have to be released now when the only thing is one silly cosmetic item? What happened to the surprises? What about some of the bugs in game that need to be fixed across all platforms? I don't really understand where this is all going, ever since the HOD drama I haven't wanted to play Ark and since some of the bugs that hit the game in the summer this year, I haven't wanted to play either, while this is maybe making me anticipate the future a bit, we REALLY need you guys to focus on the polishing of your game before you even think about releasing more DLC.

Why do people think that they can't do both things at the same time? They have been polishing things up and're working to keep up on the newer stuff that needs addressing.

What exactly were you expecting from this countdown...?

2 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

It probably is more PvE since they said they will have mission oriented content.

I'm sure the new dino's will find a use in PvP and you have the new melee weaponary but their biggest player base is PvE so it makes sense to create something directed towards them.

This is probably a fraction of what will finally be released though so who knows how it will actually play out.

Probably. A lot of players have been drained from PvP which has been turned into a cesspool of glitchers and mega tribes for a while now.
...But if they WERE to focus on the actual bugs rather than making this game have more DLC value in terms of money than the actual base game, I think it IS time that they start to make it worth it in terms of game polishing. Which as of now, it is not.

Both new maps will cost $25. it's all that "love" we have that they're gouging us now. if $35 is the discount, and the discount matches The 1st season pass then each map, for 70% of the cost, would be $50... $25 per map? greedy, much?

tell more, don't gouge us to line your pockets. and this content will only be "great new content" for a week before it's decidedly too powerful and all these amazing powerful creatures will  be nerfed to the ground, just like the rest of ARK

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Both new maps will cost $25. it's all that "love" we have that they're gouging us now. if $35 is the discount, and the discount matches The 1st season pass then each map, for 70% of the cost, would be $50... $25 per map? greedy, much?

Where is it you head off to work each day for free?

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

Where is it you head off to work each day for free?

last I checked ARK was still selling, thus they're making money. Last I checked they had SEVERAL games, not just ark that are all under the same company, again, making money. Tell me where  it is YOU work each day and just watch profits roll in

1 minute ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

More expansions and no game fixes. Cash grab. 

Fix meshing 

Fix clipping dinos 

Fix the behemoth gate audio issue 

Just fix things in general, stop adding things. 

yea.. that's not going to happen, they just want to keep making new stuff and make more money selling it. the care this game has gotten is abysmal

8 minutes ago, Level4Gaming said:

Probably. A lot of players have been drained from PvP which has been turned into a cesspool of glitchers and mega tribes for a while now.
...But if they WERE to focus on the actual bugs rather than making this game have more DLC value in terms of money than the actual base game, I think it IS time that they start to make it worth it in terms of game polishing. Which as of now, it is not.

I wouldn't say it's not worth it. Been playing this game for 3+ years. For that type of playability at the cost we spent (for me buying the game in beta plus hitting the discount on season pass for PS4), not to much can compare. 

2 more announced parts for $35 (US) which will most likely give me several hundred if not thousand hours of gameplay. I'd call that worth it.

6 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I wouldn't say it's not worth it. Been playing this game for 3+ years. For that type of playability at the cost we spent (for me buying the game in beta plus hitting the discount on season pass for PS4), not to much can compare. 

2 more announced parts for $35 (US) which will most likely give me several hundred if not thousand hours of gameplay. I'd call that worth it.

100% agree with this, can't believe so many people are being so pathetically salty about this at all. 6000 hours play so far for the price of a mediocre evening down the pub and still loving the game, you can not get that sort of entertainment moneys worth anywhere.

Will I be buying the new DLC's? heck yes I will. At this rate I'm gonna be kept happy for years to come for a the price of a few drinks.

I originally told myself that if they came out with a season 2 and tried to extract more money from me that I'd just stick to what I have and be satisfied with that but my tribemate made a good point to me. We both bought Ark on PS4 back in beta and from our legacy server have played on all the official expansion maps except Center. Present day we have a strong foothold on Val and still love the game even though we had to start by punching trees for wood...yet again. The point he made was this: How many other games have you played with such consistency? And I had to truthfully answer none. While I would get hot and heavy with other games for quite some time I would always move on to another one once I ran out of things to do or it lost my interest. I've needed breaks and hiatuses from Ark of course, but I always knew I would be back and always have come back. So considering I paid for it almost 3 years ago I'd say I've gotten my money's worth for that initial investment and then some so 50 bucks is a cost I can handle. That's just my situation, everybody else is going to have their own take on it of course but there's my 2 cents.

My only worry is that WC starts to turn into EA, and that after this 2nd season and the 2 guaranteed maps it promises they then release a season 3 and somehow introduce microtransactions into the mix. If it turns into something like that then I will have to sadly walk away from this game because there's no coming back from that. Also, I am very interested in the new maps of course but if they could take the money they're going to make from this and also put it towards fixing some of the things driving existing players crazy that would be nice as well (though probably unlikely I'm afraid to say). I know others have their own concerns but for me I would be very happy if they could fix the crippling lag I run into on almost all the servers. It's something I've learned to live with but I really wish I didn't have to do so.

19 minutes ago, LordHotPockets said:

My only worry is that WC starts to turn into EA, and that after this 2nd season and the 2 guaranteed maps it promises they then release a season 3 and somehow introduce microtransactions into the mix.

They've already got a mobile game, with all that in it, so.. time will tell? I'd keep an eye on chinese ARK news. They first broke microtransation ARK, long before mobile was announced. I highly suspect whatever hits next they'll have rumor of first

Archived