Ark Genesis is coming

mackyish3r3

7 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

In half an afternoon? Really? Have you ever debugged a couple hundred thousand lines of code? Or million? How about when debugging can’t catch it? Then you have to go line by line checking everything, especially when so many players just complain without giving helpful, accurate details. Staring at lines of code that long on a computer screen takes a huge toll... plus bug fixes don’t generate income to cover the time it takes to find them. Cost-efficiency practices in business, etc.

Yes I have and as a lot of the bugs are very simple bugs, then they should be able to knock them out in a day. Afternoon, may be pushing it, depends on the person fixing them. Doesn't matter if bugs generate income or not, the community remembers them and are less likely to buy any future products in fear of the same thing.

7 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

Unlike some, you weren’t being rude. I just wanted to paint a more vivid picture of what you’re asking for entails. Both have to be done at the same time, and more often than not developing new content is easier than finding a needle in a haystack for old content. It’s why new content is released before all bugs are fixed (especially because all bugs are not equal and some bug fixes make new bugs).

Not all bugs are needles in a hay stack, some of the more simple ones are 100% reproducible and then you have all the stack traces of most of the others, that any seasoned developer can nut out quickly.

I mean take the recent invisible wyverns, they fix it and broke the fire wyvern on Val, because Wildcard don't test any thing!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

90% of the worlds population lives in the northern hemisphere. WC operates out of the northern hemisphere. Winter is widely accepted as Dec, Jan, Feb because of this. Let's not get to technical.

Very true. But, I tend to try not to assume what others mean when things aren’t quite clear. I’m beginning to think the vagueness of winter was a tactic, instead of saying part 2 releases “a year later or the 2020 holiday season.” If we go by the solstice and not the weather, sure. When I say that to most people though, they look at me crazy while I say it’s fall as snow hits the ground. 

Plus, like I said after pointing out the vagueness originally, I believe it to be December 2020. 

3 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Yes I have and as a lot of the bugs are very simple bugs, then they should be able to knock them out in a day. Afternoon, may be pushing it, depends on the person fixing them. Doesn't matter if bugs generate income or not, the community remembers them and are less likely to buy any future products in fear of the same thing.

Not all bugs are needles in a hay stack, some of the more simple ones are 100% reproducible and then you have all the stack traces of most of the others, that any seasoned developer can nut out quickly.

I mean take the recent invisible wyverns, they fix it and broke the fire wyvern on Val, because Wildcard don't test any thing!!

That may be the case, or the code could be a mess. Not everyone codes the same way, and they’ve had several staff changes since some of the bugs originated. I’ve never been much of a programmer, but when I dabbled I recall trying to find something wrong in a glob of messily structured code and it was incredibly difficult compared to an organized and well structured one. I’m pretty sure that amount of players is dwarfed by those who will continue playing anyway and is seen by the board (not the devs) as acceptable losses versus a new revenue stream.

I’m not making excuses for them, I’m just saying that there may be issues we don’t know about that get in the way of some fixes or make them difficult to find. General cost analysis would take into account how much time, and labor it would cost to fix something that generates no revenue as opposed to creating something that could potentially create a lot of revenue. They may not get to pick and choose what to work on; it may be directed by the board or the parent company. The devs themselves don’t get to focus on whatever they want whenever. They follow the directives of their higher ups. 

Basic business principles easily explain these things and why they may not have been fixed yet. When the scale flips where potential revenue is less than the cost of fixing certain things and they still don’t fix them, that’s when you know the company (not the devs) really doesn’t care about the problems. 

This may or may not be the case, but it’s the same style of business practice that most businesses employ. There are plenty of legitimate reasons that gamers rarely think of. Again, this may not be the case. I don’t know the exact structure of this particular business. 

Your points are very good, though. If it is that simple, shame on whoever isn’t letting those things get done immediately. 

2 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

That may be the case, or the code could be a mess. Not everyone codes the same way, and they’ve had several staff changes since some of the bugs originated. I’ve never been much of a programmer, but when I dabbled I recall trying to find something wrong in a glob of messily structured code and it was incredibly difficult compared to an organized and well structured one. I’m pretty sure that amount of players is dwarfed by those who will continue playing anyway and is seen by the board (not the devs) as acceptable losses versus a new revenue stream.

Hate to burst your bubble, but a vast majority of bugs have been in the game since it was in EA. I have around 50 reported since then and not one has been fixed, while these reported bugs are minor bugs, they are very easily fixed as well. But that chose not to fix them and instead move on to other things.

I’m not making excuses for them, I’m just saying that there may be issues we don’t know about that get in the way of some fixes or make them difficult to find. General cost analysis would take into account how much time, and labor it would cost to fix something that generates no revenue as opposed to creating something that could potentially create a lot of revenue. They may not get to pick and choose what to work on; it may be directed by the board or the parent company. The devs themselves don’t get to focus on whatever they want whenever. They follow the directives of their higher ups. 

Well then Wildcard should not advertise this game as having full Controller support on Steam, when it doesn't. They know the issues that need to be fixed and yet still haven't even acknowledged that they even lied before and after release.

Basic business principles easily explain these things and why they may not have been fixed yet. When the scale flips where potential revenue is less than the cost of fixing certain things and they still don’t fix them, that’s when you know the company (not the devs) really doesn’t care about the problems. 

Tell that to Rare then, who after 15-16 months still updating and releasing content, fixing bugs and still aren't making anything on the game.

Or how about Diablo III, where it is still getting bug fixes even so long out from release. And on Xbox, I am seeing games with patches, that are almost 6 years old.

This may or may not be the case, but it’s the same style of business practice that most businesses employ. There are plenty of legitimate reasons that gamers rarely think of. Again, this may not be the case. I don’t know the exact structure of this particular business. 

Your points are very good, though. If it is that simple, shame on whoever isn’t letting those things get done immediately. 

I know right, shame on them. The thing is Wildcard don't test squat and that was where most of their issues come from as they break things trying to fix something else and then don't do anything for months.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, PeonGG said:

Guys do you know when new dlc genesis open, are they open the new official genesis servers also if they are, on the “genesis officials” cross will be enable or unable? 

Genesis Part 1 is releasing in December 2019 (no specific date known at this time). It will release on all platforms at the same time. By cross, if you mean transfers, then it will probably be like other DLCs, no transfers of dinos and items in to Genesis for several weeks or so. But that's hasn't been confirmed I don't believe.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

There is not a lot of information out yet. I expect the strongest marketing will start in October but it seems to continue after you saved the planet in Extinction.

They used the word simulation a lot.

The season pass covers two parts (I'd bet on 2 maps) with the first part being released in December of this year.

ok what maps is extinction one of em'

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:31 PM, GP said:

Genesis Part 1 is releasing in December 2019 (no specific date known at this time). It will release on all platforms at the same time. By cross, if you mean transfers, then it will probably be like other DLCs, no transfers of dinos and items in to Genesis for several weeks or so. But that's hasn't been confirmed I don't believe.

they are all ready open for xbox don't know what other consoles

5 minutes ago, Crank27 said:

ok what maps is extinction one of em'

No Extinction was the last Canon map for the 1st season pass. 

1st season pass got you the Island, Scorched Earth, Aberration, and Extinction. 

The 2nd Season pass was a surprise and came forth because

A) Atlas didn't take as well

B) Ark is still quite popular

As of right now that pass will contain Genesis Part 1 (due out in December of 2019) and Genesis Part 2 (due out in Winter of 2020)

3 minutes ago, Crank27 said:

still want to know more plz how come so much money for season pass??

They could of easily called it Ark 2 and charged a full $60 like a new game so I don't understand how 2 more unique maps with additional unique dino's and a continuation of a story line for $35 is considered expensive. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2019 at 10:24 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

No Extinction was the last Canon map for the 1st season pass. 

1st season pass got you the Island, Scorched Earth, Aberration, and Extinction. 

The 2nd Season pass was a surprise and came forth because

A) Atlas didn't take as well

B) Ark is still quite popular

As of right now that pass will contain Genesis Part 1 (due out in December of 2019) and Genesis Part 2 (due out in Winter of 2020)

Winter 2020 .. that means December 2020 right? Not January/February 2020? 

Its just odd that they'd be ambiguous and say "Winter 2020" instead of "December 2020".

Maybe they said it because they're not sure if they'll make it by December, but even then "Winter 2020" no longer be a valid estimate.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, FRM17 said:

Its just odd that they'd be ambiguous and say "Winter 2020" instead of "December 2020".

Maybe they said it because they're not sure if they'll make it by December, but even then "Winter 2020" no longer be a valid estimate.

Winter 2020 basically means towards the end of 2020, likely Nov-Dec.

32 minutes ago, FRM17 said:

They'll definitely try to push it out for Christmas sales. Basic business there but it gives them carte blanche to release it sooner or later without giving another unmet deadline.

• 7 months later...

hey guys my magmasour did not teleport with me from the arctic nw to volcanic east, it is not the glitch where they are invisible and you need to re-log already tried this. i have looked through all of the arctic on my blood stalker can anyone help me? it is not mess deleted or it would say in tribe logs that it was killed by mesh detection also it has not died yet...

WILD CARD PLEASE FIX TELEPORTS.  also has anyone had this glitch and did you get it back. also if so how.

10 hours ago, bill765 said:

my magmasour did not teleport with me

Yea I had that happen with an Anky.

For me it was teleporting from bog to volcanic biom to farm metal.

I was advised to use pods on tp and just teleport with dinos if Must (full inventory etc),been using that since then and it worked pretty well,thou could be just luck.

Archived