Ark Genesis is coming

mackyish3r3

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half of all of my buildings have vanished. All but stone, wood, and thatch structures. All of my plants, i.e. cashew, grapes, sorghum, barley, etc. are gone. That includes the vegetables stored in my preserving bins. Miners bind, steel lockers, industrial forges, lumber and brick dino gates, cooking station.....gone. All pp based everything. Gone.

51 minutes ago, Almagitana85 said:

Also, is the Genesis going to be included in the original season pass or are you going to force us to buy a separate one? We play on Pc and 3 xboxes in our it was expensive enough buying SP the first time around.

Original season pass gave you The Island, Scorched Earth, Aberration, and Extinction. How much more can you expect for that price?

Not to mention for free they gave The Center, Ragnarok which included the Griffin and Ice Wyvern and Valguero which included the Deino. 

You want more free content now? How does anybody turn a profit ever if people just expect everything free?

3 hours ago, Thesurvivalist2019 said:

Genesis part 2

While me and the fans are excited for this new dlc im still in confusion with the release dates. It says that part one will be released in december of 2019 but part 2 is said to be release in the "winter" of 2020. What does this mean? January at the beginning of 2020 or are we going to wait another year before the release of part 2. Let me know your thoughts. And jen im hoping you can answer our questions soon. Thanks.

I am pretty sure it will come a year later after part 1. From technical and business point of view it doesn't make sense release DLC a month or two after another...

S of other companies maybe you shouldn't quote people. Especially when their original game is sub par with maintenance. Even more so when they've sold 7 million+ of copies (not including additives dlcs etc)and only have a staff of 60. Facts are apparent friend. 3 payed for dlcs and they still haven't fixed the game. Yet they want to make more content. Look at other games dlcs with season pass. If they felt the necessity to do what they did maybe a sequel? Or even better fix the original first. 

• Volunteer Moderator
16 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Who considers january 2020 to be the 2020 winter? lol

Whenever someone says something like winter 2020 i automatically think December 2020.

But, I think in some cultures or countries it can be considered Jan-Feb too, and although you might think that is Winter 2019 it has turned into 2020. Now winter officially starts on 21st December, which always means the majority of the winter is in the next year.

Having said that though, i'm pretty sure WC mean December 2020 as opposed to early next year.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 8/9/2019 at 2:00 AM, Thesurvivalist2019 said:

Genesis part 2

While me and the fans are excited for this new dlc im still in confusion with the release dates. It says that part one will be released in december of 2019 but part 2 is said to be release in the "winter" of 2020. What does this mean? January at the beginning of 2020 or are we going to wait another year before the release of part 2. Let me know your thoughts. And jen im hoping you can answer our questions soon. Thanks.

Just to point out Jen left WC a while back. Ced is now your guy.

On 8/8/2019 at 3:10 PM, Jadeson said:

So I buy the previous season pass, which tells me it will guarantee any future DLCs and now you hit me with a "Buy the new season pass for the new expansions". I smell a money grabbing scheme. Poorly played I say, not sinking anymore money into this game.

hate to burst the bubble. Aug 30, 2017:

"The ARK: Survival Evolved Season Pass gives you access to three huge expansion packs - Scorched Earth (available now) and two future expansions (coming in Fall 2017 and Spring 2018). Scorched Earth adds an all-new desert world along with 11 new creatures, 50+ new items and a new boss. The future expansions will unlock in your account when released and offer 300+ hours of content each including new dinosaurs, custom maps and unique mechanics."

(note the ORIGINAL Aberration and Extinction release dates)

https://web.archive.org/web/20170830225310/http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

• 2 weeks later...

There is not a lot of information out yet. I expect the strongest marketing will start in October but it seems to continue after you saved the planet in Extinction.

They used the word simulation a lot.

The season pass covers two parts (I'd bet on 2 maps) with the first part being released in December of this year.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:22 PM, Piffguru said:

Who considers january 2020 to be the 2020 winter? lol

In the northern hemisphere, it is winter. In the southern it’s summer, yes. In Florida, US, winter typically starts in January, if you can even call it a real winter most years. This begs the question of which hemisphere’s 2020 Winter however... since half the world experiences summer in December. 

On 8/10/2019 at 4:36 AM, GP said:

Whenever someone says something like winter 2020 i automatically think December 2020.

But, I think in some cultures or countries it can be considered Jan-Feb too, and although you might think that is Winter 2019 it has turned into 2020. Now winter officially starts on 21st December, which always means the majority of the winter is in the next year.

Having said that though, i'm pretty sure WC mean December 2020 as opposed to early next year.

I’m pretty sure it’s December 2020, too. However, they stated winter 2020 in Southern Hemisphere purchase portals as well as northern hemisphere portals... which is confusing because the former has winter in June while the latter has winter in December. 

And in Florida, winter doesn’t really start until January usually if that. Equatorial locations would have an even harder time determining their winters lol. 

We need some official clarification since half the world has winter in June and the other half has it in December. 

On 8/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, Zederia said:

They've already got a mobile game, with all that in it, so.. time will tell? I'd keep an eye on chinese ARK news. They first broke microtransation ARK, long before mobile was announced. I highly suspect whatever hits next they'll have rumor of first

WC doesn’t have a mobile game. War Drum does. And the game is totally free with almost 0 pay to win abilities, as well as totally free methods to obtain most “purchasable” content. Most micro transactions are for aesthetic purposes, which if WC was really so money hungry they would have incorporated several skins and other purchasable content similar to GoW skins, Fortnight (blegh) skins, and other examples. It’s also a totally separate game now pretty much. 

I don’t know what crawled up your butt, but I’d recommend getting it checked by a doctor. It seems to be affecting your outlook and attitude. 

On 8/8/2019 at 4:01 PM, Level4Gaming said:

Me neither. I haven't played official servers since 2017 when they started to really showcase their flaws. Official is too much for me when I have both high school and a job....
As a side note, sure, I am also looking forward to the dlc but here's my opinions.
Is ARK still an enjoyable game? Well yes, especially with friends.
Does ARK need more polish? Of course, it still has bugs and glitches, many of which could be fixed in half of an afternoon. This should be their top priority, along with balancing the game. Bugfixes first. Content second.

In half an afternoon? Really? Have you ever debugged a couple hundred thousand lines of code? Or million? How about when debugging can’t catch it? Then you have to go line by line checking everything, especially when so many players just complain without giving helpful, accurate details. Staring at lines of code that long on a computer screen takes a huge toll... plus bug fixes don’t generate income to cover the time it takes to find them. Cost-efficiency practices in business, etc.

Unlike some, you weren’t being rude. I just wanted to paint a more vivid picture of what you’re asking for entails. Both have to be done at the same time, and more often than not developing new content is easier than finding a needle in a haystack for old content. It’s why new content is released before all bugs are fixed (especially because all bugs are not equal and some bug fixes make new bugs).

6 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

In the northern hemisphere, it is winter. In the southern it’s summer, yes. In Florida, US, winter typically starts in January, if you can even call it a real winter most years. This begs the question of which hemisphere’s 2020 Winter however... since half the world experiences summer in December. 

I’m pretty sure it’s December 2020, too. However, they stated winter 2020 in Southern Hemisphere purchase portals as well as northern hemisphere portals... which is confusing because the former has winter in June while the latter has winter in December. 

And in Florida, winter doesn’t really start until January usually if that. Equatorial locations would have an even harder time determining their winters lol. 

We need some official clarification since half the world has winter in June and the other half has it in December. 

90% of the worlds population lives in the northern hemisphere. WC operates out of the northern hemisphere. Winter is widely accepted as Dec, Jan, Feb because of this. Let's not get to technical.

Archived