Ark Genesis is coming

mackyish3r3

Just now, overborg said:

Thats great WC. Why bother fixing the game when u can add a tek companion and a morphing werewolf with 4 arms?

I have over 3k hours in Ark. I remember when everyone was getting excited for the "full release" in 2017 because we all thought that the bug fixes were coming. 

The social aspect of the game is half of the play. Official servers are awful and the issue for addressing pillars didn't stop anything. 

Old news, but I wish they'd bring back the flyer Speed. Removing it completely was something I'm still against. 

I play by myself on someone's server from work with boosted rates and it's nice. 

If the game ran better and if official wasn't so terrible, id play there. They should have special servers that still have officials rules but higher rates. 

When it comes time to needing certain resources by yourself without codes, the game gets really hard really fast. 

Makes it very difficult to do boss fights on your own. 

When I see all this news about transferring being disabled, I sometimes think it's because official takes way too much time to play. 

It seems like with this game that there's always going to be a double sided sword. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoo boy, I’m hyped.

ARK is a heavily flawed game, yes. I’m not excusing the dev’s poor decisions or inability to fix issues at all, but I’m still hyped.

I’m not the most serious player, I mostly use ARK as a way to goof off by myself or with friends. I don’t play Official at all, but I do feel for those that do. I feel bad you guys who work so hard have it so rough what with all the issues Wildcard doesn’t fix.

However, I can still enjoy the game for myself. Even if a game doesn’t fit one person’s standards, it can fit someone else’s. So long as I have a few friends and creatures to fool around with I’ll have fun. Doesn’t mean ark is a GOOD game, but I still enjoy it. It’s the same with the new Pokémon games. They probably won’t be the greatest, but I’ll still enjoy them myself.

On a less serious note, super hyped for new creatures, especially aquatic ones. They’re the big draw for me, and the fact we’ll probably get extra with part 2 is really exciting. 

36 minutes ago, overborg said:

Thats great WC. Why bother fixing the game when u can add a tek companion and a morphing werewolf with 4 arms?

Obviously you didn't bother to watch the release video. As they point out, the new content goes hand in hand with ongoing maintenance to the core game. No new content = no new income = no fixes for what exists. Or maybe you forgot this is an actual business they are running and not a charity. 

Ark Genesis? Is it real?

Does anyone know if the announcement about Ark’s latest expansion is real?! I’ve just read this post about Ark Genesis coming in December!! I thought they weren’t making any more? I’m sure I saw somewhere that if anything else was developed it would be Ark 2? Not sure how I feel about this to be fair..

The post mentions a live stream or something from the devs, does anyone have a link to this pleaaaaasseee!!

16 minutes ago, RowletAlex said:

Hoo boy, I’m hyped.

ARK is a heavily flawed game, yes. I’m not excusing the dev’s poor decisions or inability to fix issues at all, but I’m still hyped.

I’m not the most serious player, I mostly use ARK as a way to goof off by myself or with friends. I don’t play Official at all, but I do feel for those that do. I feel bad you guys who work so hard have it so rough what with all the issues Wildcard doesn’t fix.

However, I can still enjoy the game for myself. Even if a game doesn’t fit one person’s standards, it can fit someone else’s. So long as I have a few friends and creatures to fool around with I’ll have fun. Doesn’t mean ark is a GOOD game, but I still enjoy it. It’s the same with the new Pokémon games. They probably won’t be the greatest, but I’ll still enjoy them myself.

On a less serious note, super hyped for new creatures, especially aquatic ones. They’re the big draw for me, and the fact we’ll probably get extra with part 2 is really exciting. 

Me neither. I haven't played official servers since 2017 when they started to really showcase their flaws. Official is too much for me when I have both high school and a job....
As a side note, sure, I am also looking forward to the dlc but here's my opinions.
Is ARK still an enjoyable game? Well yes, especially with friends.
Does ARK need more polish? Of course, it still has bugs and glitches, many of which could be fixed in half of an afternoon. This should be their top priority, along with balancing the game. Bugfixes first. Content second.

50 minutes ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

I have over 3k hours in Ark. I remember when everyone was getting excited for the "full release" in 2017 because we all thought that the bug fixes were coming. 

The social aspect of the game is half of the play. Official servers are awful and the issue for addressing pillars didn't stop anything. 

Old news, but I wish they'd bring back the flyer Speed. Removing it completely was something I'm still against. 

I play by myself on someone's server from work with boosted rates and it's nice. 

If the game ran better and if official wasn't so terrible, id play there. They should have special servers that still have officials rules but higher rates. 

When it comes time to needing certain resources by yourself without codes, the game gets really hard really fast. 

Makes it very difficult to do boss fights on your own. 

When I see all this news about transferring being disabled, I sometimes think it's because official takes way too much time to play. 

It seems like with this game that there's always going to be a double sided sword. 

I get your point… But take in mind: This game is a multiplayer game.

And yes, it's all about the farm/tame/breed, and this is taking thousand of hours on official settings. It's designed that way. They could - ofc - go for a boss-scaling (count per player), fixing anky autoharvesting and ignoring the overweight limit, and and and...To support the single-player playerbase.^^

21 hours ago, Darkholis said:

I'm confident to say that the little furby looking thing and the big werewolf are one and the same creature.  Either the small is a baby or he turns into the big one when enraged.

lava_drake.thumb.jpg.8e24e5ab93f23c678232585957f649bb.jpg

Also, that kind of magma dragon looks awesome!

Does anyone else see a figure standing on top of the volcano, right by the spewing lava,.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, SassinPr0ph3cy said:

Is  ARK: Genesis Season Pass on xbox? Im Not seeing a link and no luck contacting wildcard.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/ark-genesis-season-pass/9nh7nlxrgrpf?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

That's for the UK store at least. All I did was search Ark Genesis on the store.

4 hours ago, ArkGirl1988 said:

Ark Genesis? Is it real?

Does anyone know if the announcement about Ark’s latest expansion is real?! I’ve just read this post about Ark Genesis coming in December!! I thought they weren’t making any more? I’m sure I saw somewhere that if anything else was developed it would be Ark 2? Not sure how I feel about this to be fair..

The post mentions a live stream or something from the devs, does anyone have a link to this pleaaaaasseee!!

I guess you missed it. check here: 

Genesis part 2

While me and the fans are excited for this new dlc im still in confusion with the release dates. It says that part one will be released in december of 2019 but part 2 is said to be release in the "winter" of 2020. What does this mean? January at the beginning of 2020 or are we going to wait another year before the release of part 2. Let me know your thoughts. And jen im hoping you can answer our questions soon. Thanks.

2 hours ago, GP said:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/ark-genesis-season-pass/9nh7nlxrgrpf?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

That's for the UK store at least. All I did was search Ark Genesis on the store.

Thanks it seems its in the canada/ US store now at the  time i was looking i assume microsoft didnt release it but once more thanks

7 hours ago, overborg said:

Pathetic isn't it. What happened to this game, it used to be good back when it was about dinosaurs. Then the developers snorted some kind of hallucinogenic and began adding all kinds of strange fantasy stuff to the game that didn't really belong. It's a shame really this game had a lot of potential if they addressed the bugs and exploits in PVP and had a serious look at balancing.

Archived