Ark Genesis is coming

mackyish3r3

5 minutes ago, TrirbeOfTheWanderers said:

I agree, but I don't know if the 1st season pass will expire or not, really want to get it, but unsure if the dlc is mine to keep. I wouldn't mind buying 2 season passes (really 4 2 for me 2 for spouse) as long as the dlc they release for it is mine to keep.

Edit: If it's just like a Collection of dlc and bonus cosmetic items, they should clarify that on the xbox store, season pass makes it seem like you'll get it for 1 year then possibly lose access to it.

No you dont lose access after a year just like all the s1 maps will remain open to you after s2 drops.

Source: Every Season Pass I have embarrassingly purchased ?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ark Genesis (might contain spoilers)

(might contain spoilers)
hey,

so about the upcoming dlc Genesis. i have some theories and i'd like people to think with me here!
when you beat the titan on the end, you will meet Helena, it gives you a cutscene showing earth getting fixed and the arks landing back.
I think and would like to believe, we will get a map containing the island and some others combined. because the arks are now back on
earth and earth is freed of the corruption. Is anyone else thinking about theories like this? and if you have a theory share it please :D

7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Extinction the map was disappointing but they added a lot of useful and fun dino's and items plus the King Titan fight was pretty amazing.

Yup, I really love the all the Extinction-creatures, the cryopods, mechs, etc. but the map didn't felt like The Island or Scorched where I enjoyed the crap out of exploring them. And the stupid annoying meteor-showers are just annoying because I hate wating games (like earthquakes on Abberation or sandstorms on SE)

33 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

Yup, I really love the all the Extinction-creatures, the cryopods, mechs, etc. but the map didn't felt like The Island or Scorched where I enjoyed the crap out of exploring them. And the stupid annoying meteor-showers are just annoying because I hate wating games (like earthquakes on Abberation or sandstorms on SE)

Extinction wasn't really that great of a map. It did bring some really fun ideas into the game though, like the new drops and element veins. I feel like that gave players something really new and fun to do and work towards other than just taming new stuff. In the description for Genesis it says there is a new mission based mechanic and I'm really curious about this. I don't know exactly what it could be but it sounds like maybe some type of questing or just a rpg element that might help make the game more community driven on a server.

I'm really hoping for new tools like tek-tranq rifle, a better spyglass, better preserving bin for jerky, a tek-minigun, new structure-tiers, more soups (like something that's making the taming-process a bit faster), regular bridges (the tek one is pretty crappy) and more decorative stuff. More armor and different saddles (Mammoth platform?^^) would be nice too.

BTW: I don't know if I missed something, but does anybody know why they stopped with the creature TLCs?

4 hours ago, TrirbeOfTheWanderers said:

I agree, but I don't know if the 1st season pass will expire or not, really want to get it, but unsure if the dlc is mine to keep. I wouldn't mind buying 2 season passes (really 4 2 for me 2 for spouse) as long as the dlc they release for it is mine to keep.

Edit: If it's just like a Collection of dlc and bonus cosmetic items, they should clarify that on the xbox store, season pass makes it seem like you'll get it for 1 year then possibly lose access to it.

I think the whole 'season pass' idea stems from a theme park (ala Jurassic Park) and that you're paying for an 'experience', in this case the 'experience' is the set of maps that you bought with 'season one' pass that would be yours to keep. 'Season two' is going to be another separate 'experience' in the form of new dlc. 

It's just a marketing approach... 'window dressing' to enhance the feeling of immersing yourself into the Ark experience... a different way to frame the same old practice of bringing out new dlc content for the same game. 

So I don't think you need to worry about the older dlc expiring after season one or anything like that. 

3 hours ago, Vagenius said:

Extinction wasn't really that great of a map. It did bring some really fun ideas into the game though, like the new drops and element veins. I feel like that gave players something really new and fun to do and work towards other than just taming new stuff. In the description for Genesis it says there is a new mission based mechanic and I'm really curious about this. I don't know exactly what it could be but it sounds like maybe some type of questing or just a rpg element that might help make the game more community driven on a server.

Extinction was my first map, and I really liked the differences it offered. Now that I've spent time on other maps, I really want to go back to Extinction. The last thing I would want is more of the same old thing we already have; that's the worst. 

6 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Pretty expensive season pass for just 2 maps, I know people will buy it regardless. But for that price we got 3 maps last time.

I generally gauge the value of a game by the amount of entertainment it gives me. I started playing Ark seven months ago and have nearly 2000 hrs into it, so pretty reasonable value for me. Plus we don't yet know what Part 1 and Part 2 contains yet... it could amount to a lot more content than the previous season pass content.

I have to say as well that my brother bought me Ark and the Season One pass to get me into the game. It worked. What a great gift it was. But since that time I've come to like the game so much that I've actually been looking forward to being able to open my own wallet and buy something new to expand it. Sounds crazy, but its true. 

3 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

I generally gauge the value of a game by the amount of entertainment it gives me. I started playing Ark seven months ago and have nearly 2000 hrs into it, so pretty reasonable value for me. Plus we don't yet know what Part 1 and Part 2 contains yet... it could amount to a lot more content than the previous season pass content.

I have to say as well that my brother bought me Ark and the Season One pass to get me into the game. It worked. What a great gift it was. But since that time I've come to like the game so much that I've actually been looking forward to being able to open my own wallet and buy something new to expand it. Sounds crazy, but its true. 

While I agree about the entertainment side, it is a price increase on the previous Season Pass, that can't be ignored. And if the Sony Store is any indication all you're getting is 2 maps and a pet.

Archived