Server Search - Modded

treebird66

Server Search - Modded

How can I find a server to play on that has mods without having to wait for the download of all the mods when trying to join the server?

I like modded, but I like 12 or less mods. There are colums (in the main menu) telling the day the server is on, the number of people on it and so forth. Why can't there be a column for the number of mods? Even if it doesn't tell what mods, if it just tells how many that would help a lot.

It gets frustrating waiting on a server with 25-30 mods to subscribe to them all and then have to go back and unsubscribe to them all when you don't play the server because you don't want to play that many mods. If there is a forum, or other such place, where server hosts go and share their information that would be helpful, but not all server hosts will likely be there. But a new column just telling how many mods there are would help me aviod a long drawn out process of trying to find a server with a limited number of mods. 

That would be useful indeed.
For my cluster that has 15 mods, I list the mods on a Discord server, on a Steam Collection and on the server lists where people usually find the server to join.

A steam collection link would be great, a click-able icon that takes you into the steam overlay and shows something like this so you can see what you're already subscribed to:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1397377705

17 hours ago, iMasonite said:

That would be useful indeed.
For my cluster that has 15 mods, I list the mods on a Discord server, on a Steam Collection and on the server lists where people usually find the server to join.

A steam collection link would be great, a click-able icon that takes you into the steam overlay and shows something like this so you can see what you're already subscribed to:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1397377705

What mods do you run? I like to play the primal Fear mod.

I like that people use Discord, but my PC can barely run the game. It bottlenecks and I seldom can have anything else open like discord when I play.  Am hoping to get a new one but the funds just aren't there right now. Discord is also hard to find servers there. You have to already be in the server to find the Discord channel. So that does not fix my dilema. but at least we have that when we need to talk to people.

Archived