Tek Armor TLC

Sbh0004

Suggestion

Tek Armor TLC

I believe wearing a full set of tek armor should give you a hypothermal insulation equivalent to the hazard suit to survive extremely hot environments like the sulfur fields and wyvern trenches. The element could provide fuel for a heating and cooling system. Full suit could give a similar bonus for extremely cold environments.

It would also be great if the durability did not decay in the radiation environment, making it feasible to operate out of an end game base in the radiation zone. There are plenty of amazing spots to build down there but smaller tribes (and even large tribes) are not able to keep a tek forcefield running on official servers due to costly element requirements.

4 replies to this server topic

Personally, I do not hate the idea. I am not a tek suit wearer myself, simply because I am not a fan of it, but I know plenty who are who have mentioned the same changes that you have mentioned. 

If not as a fix to the current design, then perhaps as a way that you can modify the suit? Beyond skins, their aren't too many ways to modify clothing and equipment to adjust it to the wearers needs. At least not for those of us who play console where mods are not an option. 

If you could build or add features through crafting or the use of hard-to reach materials, it would add variety to the game in a new way. Such as grinding up tributes you cannot use on a map as they are not required in order to bolster the attack or durability of a usable item? In doing so you could ideally build a set of armor to live in the harsh conditions of the radiation zone. 

26 minutes ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Personally, I do not hate the idea. I am not a tek suit wearer myself, simply because I am not a fan of it, but I know plenty who are who have mentioned the same changes that you have mentioned. 

If not as a fix to the current design, then perhaps as a way that you can modify the suit? Beyond skins, their aren't too many ways to modify clothing and equipment to adjust it to the wearers needs. At least not for those of us who play console where mods are not an option. 

If you could build or add features through crafting or the use of hard-to reach materials, it would add variety to the game in a new way. Such as grinding up tributes you cannot use on a map as they are not required in order to bolster the attack or durability of a usable item? In doing so you could ideally build a set of armor to live in the harsh conditions of the radiation zone. 

Those are great ideas to add variety. Its frustrating to have to carry a set of fur for cold, and hazard for heat and temporarily equip Tek armor when i want to use it in those environments. Especially on official where character weight is a bigger issue for certain specs

Archived