After 8870 hours I quit Ark

botsjeh

After 8870 hours I quit Ark, because of an alliance exploit my base on PVE and all my dinos and resources were destroyed by another tribe.

A player asked me for a temp alliance so he could place a tek generator in the range of a pillar I had.
We did this before. So we made an alliance. After a minute or so, I suddenly see the message that war has been declared without me accepting it.
This exploit exists for longer because other people had the same troubles.

Well, they came with a Mek and a Tek Drake; I have a few turrets against wild life, but I am no match for this.
After 15 mins 80+ of my tames were dead.
I logged off so ORP would kick in.

The following day I checked in to see the status, and they came at me again and destroyed everything, about 250 tames, 500+ cryoed tames (among which very high stats rexes and argies).
All vaults, cryos, boxes, fridges, replicator, generators were destroyed.

And what does WC do? They ban one of the guys who wanted to quit anyway, which was the reason why he attacked.

And I am supposed to start over?

That truely sucks man I'm sorry to hear this happened sadly there's nothing Wildcard can do . When you accept alliances their wars become yours too :/ ide suggest to raid this wars base join with friends and imprison any war member u can research how to keep them alive at least you will have some bargaining tools available then .never accept alliances if you do not know the tribe you are alliance with... How long till the war is over btw? I may be able to join in and help if needed 

Try unofficial communities, if you find the right community, it's an amazing experience. This kind of stuff doesn't happen on well run PvE unofficial communities.

Notice the phrase "well run". Not every unofficial community will work for everyone. You have to properly vet the community, rules, admins, etc.

37 minutes ago, botsjeh said:

After 8870 hours I quit Ark, because of an alliance exploit my base on PVE and all my dinos and resources were destroyed by another tribe.

A player asked me for a temp alliance so he could place a tek generator in the range of a pillar I had.
We did this before. So we made an alliance. After a minute or so, I suddenly see the message that war has been declared without me accepting it.
This exploit exists for longer because other people had the same troubles.

Well, they came with a Mek and a Tek Drake; I have a few turrets against wild life, but I am no match for this.
After 15 mins 80+ of my tames were dead.
I logged off so ORP would kick in.

The following day I checked in to see the status, and they came at me again and destroyed everything, about 250 tames, 500+ cryoed tames (among which very high stats rexes and argies).
All vaults, cryos, boxes, fridges, replicator, generators were destroyed.

And what does WC do? They ban one of the guys who wanted to quit anyway, which was the reason why he attacked.

And I am supposed to start over?

Blame the offending players, don't blame the game.

• Volunteer Moderator

If you are dragged into a war you don't want to be apart of, you can have one of your tribemate leave, make a new tribe and then you can merge the old tribe into the new one so that all the structures/dinos gets transferred and dragged out of the war. Not sure if that is still possible, but used to work on legacy.

1904 hours ARK soloplaying and not regretted even one minute. I might miss out on the multiplayer part but I will surely not miss that stuff. 

Even if WC did alot of stu pid stuff with ARK, they made it so that even as a soloplayer you can tweak the settings so that you can enjoy it fully without any drawbacks. Plus, mods left right and center for all your extra needs. 

I can truly think of a game that you get so much bang for your bucks out of it. 

9 minutes ago, dizzljoe said:

1904 hours ARK soloplaying and not regretted even one minute. I might miss out on the multiplayer part but I will surely not miss that stuff. 

Even if WC did alot of stu pid stuff with ARK, they made it so that even as a soloplayer you can tweak the settings so that you can enjoy it fully without any drawbacks. Plus, mods left right and center for all your extra needs. 

I can truly think of a game that you get so much bang for your bucks out of it. 

Completely agree. I have played and ran unofficial servers and customization is awesome. 

But for people with responsibilities other than Ark or a schedule that drastically changes. Single player mode (or personal LAN server) is great. 

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

If you are dragged into a war you don't want to be apart of, you can have one of your tribemate leave, make a new tribe and then you can merge the old tribe into the new one so that all the structures/dinos gets transferred and dragged out of the war. Not sure if that is still possible, but used to work on legacy.

Yes still works on legacy at least 

People suck >_< I was playing around on my Valguero 'vacation sever' I have a little starter base on last night and someone in chat was upset (understandably so) that she'd just put down some theri eggs in her hatchery and had forgot to close the door behind her so when she went to check the imprint timer on one of her baby rexes she heard 'chomp chomp' only to see some level 1 'human' tribeless troll pick up and eat her theri eggs in front of her before running away and jumping in the lake. And on my main server (official island pve 338) another player had another troll steal 10 rex eggs and when he was caught and cornered he ate them rather than give them back. Little stupid kids who don't have the stones to try that crap on pvp because they know they'd get murdered, so they do it on pve servers where no one can attack them directly. Though we have caught one offender who panicked and logged off so he left his body in the open XD XD

1 hour ago, DonaldDuck said:

This is why PVE and PVP rules should be separated , like has been suggested in suggestion subforum and stay upvoted on top. The game was and still is designed for pvp but pve has also gained popularity and become a thing also for a long while.  

Tribe wars is a separate mechanic from PvP, specifically designed for PvE though.

that functionality is not really an exploit, it's more of a rule that most people don't think of.

I'm sorry you lost your game things.

you still have the memories and the fun you had getting that stuff and nobody can take that from you.

You should look for a well maintained unofficial server, most i have played on, that crap doesn't fly.

Archived