Community Crunch 193: The Visitor

StudioWildcard

10 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

I had no idea that my preference for post length caused that kind of trouble for mobile users (I use PC, not mobile). I apologize for the inconvenience I had unknowingly caused, and I will be aware of it next time I post.

I have no problem with post length. I rather prefer people who articulate and explicate, even if I don’t agree with them, as long as it’s done intelligently and legibly. ?

12 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's like saying you wished you could watch the latest Avenger movie... but they made a choice to put it on film instead of TV.

But you don't like movie theaters, so you didn't go watch it. That's silly.

Honestly? I do exactly this lol. Still haven’t seen Endgame. Only watched infinity war in March for the first time. But, your point is sound, even if the analogy could be a bit better ??

12 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

I don’t see any snark... Twitter is a public platform that can be viewed without having an account or logging in. It’s the perfect delivery system for professional or business public info because it’s short, sweet, and simple. Yes, the personal aspects can be “blegh” at best sometimes, but by using Twitter they are not restricting anyone from accessing the info or imposing additional requirements to be able to access said information.

There are plenty of people out there who simply refuse to use Twitter because as a whole, the site is somewhere between dog crap and Congress. Survivetheark.com is the official website for Ark and should be where any and all information that affects players should be located. I'm not saying they can't post on Twitter, it's just that site should be secondary, if that. There is nothing more frustrating than planning out part of your weekend based on information provided in the Community Crunch only to find out Friday afternoon that changes were made that completely ruined your plans, and you had to go to a third party website to have been informed of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

What I like about the unknown is my ability to get things wrong in the name of enjoyment. VR seems more probable now.

If you want VR, go get pixark. If wildcard made a VR version of Ark Survival Evolved, it would even beat out Atlus as the dumbest move they've made as a company. VR is a fad, hardly anyone has it, and it will go the way of 3dtv in due time. Currently less than 0.5% of steam users have a VR headset. Thats not a market worth dumping money into.

31 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

There are plenty of people out there who simply refuse to use Twitter because as a whole, the site is somewhere between dog crap and Congress. Survivetheark.com is the official website for Ark and should be where any and all information that affects players should be located. I'm not saying they can't post on Twitter, it's just that site should be secondary, if that. There is nothing more frustrating than planning out part of your weekend based on information provided in the Community Crunch only to find out Friday afternoon that changes were made that completely ruined your plans, and you had to go to a third party website to have been informed of it.

I wouldn’t say the site as much as the majority of content. Twitter is built for on the go updates. Forum posting isn’t the most fluid streamlined method of an individual announcing something to the community. The metrics would probably show a higher interaction/response to the tweet... otherwise they wouldn’t be doing it. Forums are somewhat clunky for quick updates. There are far worse choices of SM they could use, at least they chose a public platform. Fewer people use the forums than SM. It’s just a fact. They are only adjusting their branding scheme to current business practices (although see below what most businesses with websites also do to avoid alienating customers).

However, they could easily integrate a Twitter feed on the ARK site to make sure all content is featured here for forum users, if they are going to use it to make quick announcements. It’s like an RSS feed of all the devs and main account.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

If you want VR, go get pixark. If wildcard made a VR version of Ark Survival Evolved, it would even beat out Atlus as the dumbest move they've made as a company. VR is a fad, hardly anyone has it, and it will go the way of 3dtv in due time. Currently less than 0.5% of steam users have a VR headset. Thats not a market worth dumping money into.

I guess we’ll find out on Thursday then.

3 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

I wouldn’t say the site as much as the majority of content. Twitter is built for on the go updates. Forum posting isn’t the most fluid streamlined method of an individual announcing something to the community. The metrics would probably show a higher interaction/response to the tweet... otherwise they wouldn’t be doing it. Forums are somewhat clunky for quick updates. There are far worse choices of SM they could use, at least they chose a public platform. Fewer people use the forums than SM. It’s just a fact. They are only adjusting their branding scheme to current business practices (although see below what most businesses with websites also do to avoid alienating customers).

However, they could easily integrate a Twitter feed on the ARK site to make sure all content is featured here for forum users, if they are going to use it to make quick announcements. It’s like an RSS feed of all the devs and main account.

But they do have the twitter feed  on the site, Main page right side underneath Play on steam xbox steam switch, and underneath the report a server outage, im on pc though not a phone.

Edited by TrirbeOfTheWanderers

OK so here are my thoughts. We can see elements: poison, ice, fire and water. If you look up, when the poison appear, it looks like there is a portal to a swamp like area, a snow type area when the ice appear, and a volcano type area when the fire appear: broodmother, megapithecus and dragon arena. So we are inside the obelisk and the water element leads to another boss which I assume will be a water boss. The blue portal when the water appear may be the surface of the water seen from under.

(Excuse my english, not a native speaker)

Edited by Thegeekgroundhog

1 hour ago, TrirbeOfTheWanderers said:

But they do have the twitter feed  on the site, Main page right side underneath Play on steam xbox steam switch, and underneath the report a server outage, im on pc though not a phone.

Embedded in the page? Well then, there’s nothing anyone can complain about. Thanks!

@AndrewLB @GreenRoc see quoted post. Anything posted on twitter can be seen on the website on a pc. 

Edited by nintendogamer7
Gratitude

18 minutes ago, KamiRagna34 said:

Quelqu'un aurait une idée du Visiteur ? Es-ce un boss ?

Je pense plutôt qu'ils vont implémenter les NPC. Ca fait un moment que c'est le mod à la mode, que la chaine officielle ARK SE s'y intéresse et vu ce que disent les hologrammes sur les images ca peut y faire penser. Et pour finir le mode des NPC fait parti des finalistes du précédent concours.

En plus sur l'image en tête d'actu, tu vois plusieurs silhouettes différentes et les hologrammes parlent de spécimens coopératifs.

Moi c'est ce que ça me laisse penser 

Nope, I was wrong. It is a new map. Probably Earth, and the return of the Homo Deus. If you look down the chamber you see glimpses of scenery that correspond to the element type of images on the sides (poison, ice, fire, water). I look forward to see what it will be!

BTW, they announced the discovery of a 3ft tall parrot that lived in New Zealand. Imagine that as a pet in Ark.

Edited by PaleoJoe
height correction