Community Crunch 193: The Visitor

StudioWildcard

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

For everyone complaining about upcoming fixes, check out @Cedric‘s Twitter. Here’s one of his last tweets. (Hint, you don’t need an account!) He leaks just enough info to let you know what’s going on in the background.

Hey man I’m not trying to start any beef, but I’m just an old asshole and I really don’t get why we have to be active on 700 different media sites just to get information.

You can’t do anything about it personally I know, but it’s just weird that Wildcard don’t use the community crunch to tell things like that. Ppl have been complaining about the crunches a lot and after reading this short crunch I have to jump on their wagon with this one. 

I hope it will Be the last time, because I don’t wanna be in the same wagon as some of the other complainers you normally see comments from on the other  posts. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, WhySoParanoid said:

Hey man I’m not trying to start any beef, but I’m just an old asshole and I really don’t get why we have to be active on 700 different media sites just to get information.

You can’t do anything about it personally I know, but it’s just weird that Wildcard don’t use the community crunch to tell things like that. Ppl have been complaining about the crunches a lot and after reading this short crunch I have to jump on their wagon with this one. 

I hope it will Be the last time, because I don’t wanna be in the same wagon as some of the other complainers you normally see comments from on the other  posts. 

I understand your point and I’ve suggested in the past why don’t they don’t pool all information on to their own forums i.e. this one, but for whatever reason it seems to an impossible task. I’m just pointing out that news is available and where you need to go to find it.

Edited by SaltyMonkey
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I understand your point and I’ve suggested in the past why don’t they don’t pool all information on to their own forums i.e. this one, but for whatever reason it seems to an impossible task. I’m just pointing out that news is available and where you need to go to find it.

I actually like all the stuff you do for the community, so it’s cool to hear that you also suggested that. 

And I got a lot out of your link actually. So thanks a lot man! both for posting it and for being so calm about my comment. 

• Wildcard Community
13 hours ago, Ripborn said:

You sure everyone is on board with 2x on Valguero, as there was mix up on last few weeks?

10 hours ago, Grandmastatrash said:

Including Valguero?? You sure about that Evo event this weekend?? 

7 hours ago, Juggalo15767 said:

Says valguero included again for the weekend. Wondering if that will be changed to not included last minute like it was last time.. sigh. It’s bren out long enough now, give valguero the event... 

Yes, it's happening on Valguero on all platforms.

• Thanks 2

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

Kinda demeaning what you say, and I disagree.

I dont follow survivetheark Twitter because I use my twitter for other things, and I'm pretty sure Survivetheark tweets so much that if I did follow, I would miss content I needed to see.

I cant keep up with whom I follow as-is, and miss seeing stuff during my 8 hours of sleep, that I just skip over it because Twitter makes it very difficult to catch up. I will pay attention to Tweets posted while I am awake, as most of the content I follow is Twitch streamers going live.

I would expect all the stuff I need to know as a player of Ark would be in this forum, not a social media site that is used for other things and controlled by another company.

Please make survivetheark.com  the primary source for all the info Ark players need.

It's your decision to remain uninformed. The information is there waiting to be grasped.

• Sad 1

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

It is not my choice to make Twitter the prime source, that's on their end, and I disagree with that choice.

That's like saying you wished you could watch the latest Avenger movie... but they made a choice to put it on film instead of TV.

But you don't like movie theaters, so you didn't go watch it. That's silly.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

Twitter just now screwed up something I tried to Tweet...
And you expect me to get all my info from Twitter, and you blame me if I miss stuff?

Twitter cannot be trusted, it messes up.

Just no Joe. Your guilt trip is not ok with me. Your attitude is very unprofessinal and rubs me the wrong way. Please stop with the snark.

I don’t see any snark... Twitter is a public platform that can be viewed without having an account or logging in. It’s the perfect delivery system for professional or business public info because it’s short, sweet, and simple. Yes, the personal aspects can be “blegh” at best sometimes, but by using Twitter they are not restricting anyone from accessing the info or imposing additional requirements to be able to access said information. 

His comments were made matter of factly more than snarky. Try not to perceive a tone that isn’t there, that’s what starts most confrontations in text based mediums of communication.  

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

Twitter just now screwed up something I tried to Tweet...
And you expect me to get all my info from Twitter, and you blame me if I miss stuff?

Twitter cannot be trusted, it messes up.

Just no Joe. Your guilt trip is not ok with me. Your attitude is very unprofessinal and rubs me the wrong way. Please stop with the snark.

Well Joe didn’t have to just read a rant about pillars because one line of text was quoted. The fact you mention writing all that over one line is fact you realize how irritating it was going to be for the one you quoted. I read it all including the skip long post bit. Just stop it.. Took three swings of the thumb just to get past your post..

47 minutes ago, Marcchillin said:

Took three swings of the thumb just to get past your post..

I had no idea that my preference for post length caused that kind of trouble for mobile users (I use PC, not mobile). I apologize for the inconvenience I had unknowingly caused, and I will be aware of it next time I post.

Edited by GreenRoc