DarkFrost

Ark keeps shutting down with no comment

So Ark had been working perfectly fine and I played it daily for a long time up till now... So today I decided to head into single player and get the Corrupted Skins and once I got em all and got out of single player, my game crashed immediately... I logged back in, went onto the server I play on and after about 5 mins on the server my game crashed again! And no reason or message or popup giving the reason for it to crash in some code language or anything. |

how do i fix it?

2 things do that to me, corrupted files, and graphics card driver update occured.  I would check for driver updates first because it will take less time to check.  Second, you can verify the integrity of the game files through steam by right clicking on the game title in your library, select properties, click on local files tab and then click on the verify game files button.

Hopefully it's just the graphics card drivers.

You should submit a bug report. However, you're not giving enough info. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Logs (assuming you installed Ark in the default directory) and open a "CRASHSTACK" type file with Notepad or your favorite word processor. Copy and paste the contents into a bug report. You also need to provide system specifications (what hardware you're running like CPU, GPU, RAM amount, etc.). This is all assuming you're referring to the PC version. I can't tell you what to do on a console.

I've gotten crashes before and I know some ways to resolve them. For instance, if you're getting a "LowLevelFatalError," reduce shadow quality to low and that should fix it (it did for me). If you receive a different error, you can always search on Google by typing in "Ark" and then whatever error you received, more than likely you'll find that someone else has had the same issue and may have a way to resolve it.

Archived