Tame limit is pointless

TheProjector

Tame limit is pointless

The tame limit should be a recomandation instead of a requirement. If the tame limit is in place because of the games limits on mobile it really doesn't matter because its single player and if people are warned there is no problem. I have been on online servers with way more than 40 without primal and 60 with and my game doesn't break. Balancing with tame limit on sp makes no sense because its one person in singleplayer

If people have basic iPads or low end devices, maybe 60 tames on the screen is close to the game crashing. 

My older iPad got to one point it crashed every save file I loaded when I was in my base. When I upgraded devices I was able to log into all the tames I had on screen and a big base.

I do agree if they were spread out over the map it would not be an issue for rendering them at once. I just am unsure how to code quadrants of the map that enforce a tame render limit per square, but allows more overall in different sectors. If one had 60 already would you fly into am invisible wall on your mount when you hit 61 in a voxel?

17 hours ago, TheProjector said:

Tame limit is pointless

The tame limit should be a recomandation instead of a requirement. If the tame limit is in place because of the games limits on mobile it really doesn't matter because its single player and if people are warned there is no problem. I have been on online servers with way more than 40 without primal and 60 with and my game doesn't break. Balancing with tame limit on sp makes no sense because its one person in singleplayer

Here’s the problem. You get the idiots who overload their save file by having 100-200 tames in the same place making it impossible to cloud save or reopen their save file. They then complain and rage quit that Wardrum gives them what they asked for but their own stupidity breaks their game and blames Wardrum for allowing it in the first place. 

We see this crap happen sooo many times in games. Hell, we’ve seen it in this game. 

• 2 months later...

"I know this is a very late reply but I really felt like I needed to say this...."
Yeah this would be terrible to add for the fact that (especially if your using an old device) your game would crash so many freakin tines that then you would hate it. Especially if you cramp many animals into a single base, then you'll be complaining to wardrum that your game doesn't even let you back in because you have to many animals cramped into one base.

And the warning system that ya'll are making would be pointless too because even if some people take the warning, most will just ignore it. Let's face it, and even I'm not denying that I wouldn't ignore it, hell I'd probably make my own Noah's ark in mobile if there where no tame limit.

So yeah, it's a frustrating thing to deal with especially when your endgame and most of your slots are filled, but a tame limit actually helps us mobile players not to go crazy on a taming frenzy and then crash our game.

apoyo la idea de que no limiten los tameos. en una partida en solitario es frustante tener que andar eliminando animales para poder tamear otros. una advertencia sobre un limite recomendado para tu dispositivo no estaria nada mal, y en caso de ignorar las consecuencias sera tu problema.

tambien podrian agregar una opcion de eliminar tameos desde afuera de la partida en caso de que la cagues xD.

Archived