Early game base camouflage

Herotreason

Suggestion

Early game base camouflage

good evening ark community!

I am a newish player to ark. I have basic knowledge of the game, gather, hunt, tame then try to beat the bosses.

I came back because of the official Valguero release. I play on one of the official pvp servers, each day I log in thinking "I hope nobody found and raided me for my 300 metal ingots, longneck rifle and my narcotics. and I hope they don't kill my tames...". I know I am playing on pvp but I will soon probably have to switch to pve (and hope there is some space) or just go solo because I keep building the same 3 by 2, 2 to 4 floor high structure, get a couple of tames (my best ones got to about a lvl 270 ish tek raptor, two 100% imprinted raptors and a lvl 230ish megatherium: all now rip). Then someone will fly up to my base, drop a cryopod with a golem to soak my turret, then within seconds my 4 or 5 stealthy days are effectively zeroed. more recently I have taken to putting storage boxes deep underwater and in difficult to reach places.

But back to the suggestion; I think a sort of base camo that hid (maybe only wood and stone) structures shape and maybe size, and possibly stopped you from seeing a lit fire from the outside (if possible) would improve the early to mid game experience. From my experience; I like the pvp experience but I sometimes cannot get on for a few days or some days I do not have as much time as I would like. A little bit of base/hideout/secret bunker/secret treehouse (or whatever it may be, just a bit hidden) camouflage would at least give me a small hope that my base would still be standing when I logged back in.

for example; an unlit structure that looked like rocks and vegetation (built by a player in the right (or maybe wrong) map location) would be a lot more difficult to spot than the current glowing cuboid or pyramid (half hexagonal prism towers???) structures I keep building poking out from behind destructible environment objects. after all, if ark pvp was real then surely concealment from potentially hostile unknown inhabitants of the ark would be a valid defence.

Please let me know if you think if this is a good or bad idea.

happy gaming...

arnie crop.jpg

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived