Please be more lenient about despawning in dungeons

JasonTheCTM

Suggestion

Please be more lenient about despawning in dungeons

So I was in The Center lava cave on official servers, PVE, and I jumped across lava on my rock drake at the same time as a lag spike.

When the lag spike ended, I was swimming in the lava (I had 500 HP, the drake had 15,000 ish) and so I swam to the cliff while "OHpoopOHpoopOHpoop" and my drake made it to the wall and began to climb up it but I died.

Now, the drake is on the wall and safely out of harms way right? BEFORE I CAN RESPAWN, I WATCH IT BLIP OUT OF EXISTANCE (you can still see the area where you died while selecting a bed to respawn at). It just up and goes poof. Despawns. Didn't die, didn't register as a death in the tribe log, just... poof.

There goes my mastercraft desert cloth gear, my mastercraft revolver and sword, my climbing picks, a stack of ammo, and whatever loot I'd grabbed at the time. Not to mention the drake's tek saddle.

I then report this to support and they tell me I'm out of luck because I fell into lava. I WOULDN'T HAVE FALLEN INTO LAVA IF I DIDN'T LAG TELEPORT. I also wouldn't be mad if you didn't despawn my dino when it was in a safe zone.

Please... rework caves so your crap doesn't despawn that fast. We've got grappling hooks and tek armor, give us a chance to rescue our stuff.

4 replies to this server topic

15 minutes ago, JasonTheCTM said:

Now, the drake is on the wall and safely out of harms way right? BEFORE I CAN RESPAWN, I WATCH IT BLIP OUT OF EXISTANCE (you can still see the area where you died while selecting a bed to respawn at). It just up and goes poof. Despawns. Didn't die, didn't register as a death in the tribe log, just... poof.

There goes my mastercraft desert cloth gear, my mastercraft revolver and sword, my climbing picks, a stack of ammo, and whatever loot I'd grabbed at the time. Not to mention the drake's tek saddle.

That happens on the surface as well when you are riding a dino and die off the back due to the environment.  The dinos don't despawn though, but they do blip out of existence and make you crap your pants thinking your dino despawned.

If you go back down and you can't find it, then most likely it detached, fell in the lava, and died without popping up on the tribelog.  My money is on it still being alive though!

1 minute ago, TheDonn said:

That happens on the surface as well when you are riding a dino and die off the back due to the environment.  The dinos don't despawn though, but they do blip out of existence and make you crap your pants thinking your dino despawned.

If you go back down and you can't find it, then most likely it detached, fell in the lava, and died without popping up on the tribelog.  My money is on it still being alive though!

It's not where I left it and on singleplayer I've been under the map where it fell down, there's nothing below it. Suppose I could try going to 50/50 but I doubt that'll work

Yeah, when it dies to environment effects sometimes it won't show up on tribelog.  I've had that happen!  But when it says, "You Died!" and it blips off the screen, it is just de-rendering your assets as it prepares to respawn you.  I am pretty sure they don't just despawn because I've had that happen to me many times, and always show up to a happy dino, waiting for me to get back.

Except for the one time I had to swan-dive into Element water on Ab to rescue my newly-imprinted Drake.  Lagspike sent me straight into the Element water...  Tale as old as time, right??  Got the rather unhappy Drake out of the Element water with 72 HP out of 9.5K left, but my Shinehorn died during the little dip I took.

Archived