Araneo TLC Ideas

IvyOfARK

Suggestion

Araneo TLC Ideas

Tender Love and Care? For a spider? Yeah, I know. 

Myself being a rare lover of spiders, I think the Araneo has some awsome potential and is deserving of attention that it's just not getting. With some minor tweaks, I think the Araneo could be made pretty awsome in both single player and PVP 

There's three ideas I've got for it: 

1. Increase speed. I own three tarantulas, and let me tell you, even big spiders are fast. Now, with how big the Araneo is, I understand some lumbering, but the araneo is currently just WAY too slow for a predator that moves on eight legs. If I can miss seeing my tarantula strike prey by blinking, than the Araneo can move a little faster. 

2. Wall Climbing. It's a SPIDER. Enough said! 

3. Webs that act as bolas. As it stands, the webs of Araneo currently act as a means of slowing down enemies, but I think it could do way more. What if the webs of Araneo could be used as Bolas, immobilizing enemies completely for a short time? The higher it's melee stat, the bigger enemies it can immobilize. Imagine taking an Araneo on a Quetzal's platform an shooting down argentavis, or even wyverns. It would be sick, and give the Araneo a lot of use and attention. 

Now, me being used to single player, I don't have every consideration for effects on PVP with changes like this. I would love to hear other's thoughts. 

4 replies to this server topic

well the reason the araneo is so slow i think is because it has the most wrong body shape for a spider i mean i have not seen one spider or tarantula with a abdomen longer than its legs araneos need longer legs or even better a complete makeover like the argy or trex. but yes i 100% agree with everything you said

going back the legs of the araneo need to be longer i mean spider have long freaking legs often longer then their entire body

11 hours ago, Silvaeger said:

well the reason the araneo is so slow i think is because it has the most wrong body shape for a spider i mean i have not seen one spider or tarantula with a abdomen longer than its legs araneos need longer legs or even better a complete makeover like the argy or trex. but yes i 100% agree with everything you said

going back the legs of the araneo need to be longer i mean spider have long freaking legs often longer then their entire body

Good golly I can't believe I forgot to add "Makeover" to the list of things the Araneo needs. You're spot on- the Araneo looks pretty messy. Very messy. The poor baby deserves better, and especially deserves some better Leggies

Archived